shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a setting from Uscertified?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Soontobe

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a diamond from uscertified and I saw that they sell settings as well.

I want a Tiffany style setting and it appears that they have one to offer. Does anyone have any experience with them in terms of buying the setting? I hear wonderful things about the President of the company but I have yet to hear positive or negative feedback about the settings.

Thanks in advance!

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
If you are talking about USACertedDiamonds.com, I got my diamond and setting there. The setting is a simple 4-prong, knife-edged setting in platinum, and it is well-made and substantial. The diamond is set a little higher on one side, but it's barely noticeable and it has caused no durability issues (I've been wearing the ring for over a year). One thing I tend to look at the most on other people's rings are the prongs, and I must say, I am very happy with the prongs on my ring (sorry, it's just a "thing" I have).
Overall, I am very pleased with the setting they had made for my diamond.

Good luck with your search!
:))

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Hi Spartan...

I have a thing for Tiffany style prongs too...I was wondering what your preference is, and what you ended up getting from USCerted?? I prefer the prongs to be thinner and the rock to be lower set...then again, I know people who prefer the opposite. What did you get?? Mine ended up kind of in the middle...still wondering if there's better out there. Thanks!:praise:

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
I tend to prefer less obtrusive prongs; the less apparent they are to me, the better. I do like the authentic Tiffany setting: the way the prongs are more contoured to the diamond. However, mine are your average, knock-off-style prongs (I don't mean this in a negative way). But, when the prongs fold over the girdle of my diamond, they seem to have a knife edge to them. Also, they seem to taper to a point rather than just end bluntly. They are very delicate. The diamond is set at what I would consider a medium height. There is a picture of the style I got on the USACerted website, it is style #001. Mine looks a lot better than the sample picture, though.

I know my description is kind of anal and specific, but, like I said, I have a thing about prongs.

Soontobe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

Spartan, do you have any pictures online of your ring? If so, I would be grateful if you could share them because I too am interested in the #001 setting from USCertifiedDiamonds.

I really love the authentic Tiffany and I was scared by the picture and the prongs!

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my ring. We tried to take some with the digital cam, but, try after try, they just didn't come out. One day soon I might try again. I'd really like to have some nice pictures of my ring. In the meantime, I'll try to find something online that compares.

:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results