shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a ring in Los Angeles - local and online reviews

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to wait to post this, in case my ring came out horribly wrong and I needed to pick a 2nd choice. However, I'm pretty sure GOG will handle it and I can't wait to get my ring in 3 weeks!

Backstory: :)
I initially wanted an asscher because I'm a huge art deco fan. My old apartments had all original art deco features and our house is even from that era (unfortunately with no original parts). After researching and having a coworker receive an emerald cut that she spent the better part of the day polishing with tiny cloths while blowing on it, I started researching square radiants. Same shape, more bling!

I go into jewelry stores all the time, and made my own wire wrapped jewelry for years, so I've been to many gem shows and semi precious gem dealers. My promise ring (RHR) is a 6 mm pink tourmaline modified princess with shared prong diamond sides (well, the original I lost at the grocery store - darn cold fingers - was a Harry Winston style pink quartz with white sapphires instead of diamonds. Argh.). We put it together at a Gem Fair - picked out the stone and then setting. Another booth had a bench that set it and sized it for $75 in an hour. It was a cheaper chinese semi mount. It was a good experience to go through! I also had a temp ring, a sterling cz 6 mm princess with milgrained pave halo. Glad I had a temp ring to help me figure out what I wanted in my forever ring.

Did a ton of research online on radiants a couple of years ago - thanks Pricescope! Was leaning towards the Harry Winston style to honor my lost ring. It was such a nice combination of modern with a hint of antique. I've been in a ton of jewelry stores in the past couple years (especially in the past 6 months!), but here are the highlights.

First trip - Icing on the Ring - Los Angeles Jewelry district - 607 Hill St
Made an appointment online for a Saturday (the worst possible day you can head down to the jewelry district!). They were running a bit late, so their "runner" went to collect all the requested stones from their wholesalers on memo. My requirements - approx 5.5 mm, I'm open to lower clarity, and wanted to see colors in person. I was initially looking at going with an I color, before I realized James Allen picture colors aren't true to life.

What I learned - whooooaaa! I'm am super color sensitive. I can probably make a living sorting diamonds, if needed to. ;-) I loved the crushed ice D because it faced up even whiter. What I didn't know at the time is that most of the radiants I was viewing probably weren't ideal cuts (although they were very nice!), and I was drawn to the crushed ice due to the color. In the office lighting, the crushed ice threw out gorgeous pinpoints of light. Since I was looking a a full pave setting (esp. in jewelry store lighting), I was just going for a big white stone in the middle - not concerned about brilliance. I couldn't go down fast F, my eyes just don't like lower colors. I love lower OECs, but not for my e-ring.

Icing on the Ring was very nice, though very busy on Saturdays. They make their rings in China and assemble them here. Their prices were MUCH better when I looked - $1195 for a Harry Winston pave style, plus I was looking at $2200 for a .77 D SI1 5.87 x 5.34. I was ready to order, but hubby wanted to save up a bit more cushion in his savings. Family illnesses ensued and we picked up the search a couple of months ago. Prices for the ring went up to $1850 and at that point, it made sense to look else where for the same quality or better.

The finalists - with the highest color finalists at the bottom. photo%201(2)_1.jpg

setting - 996.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
----------
In the meantime, I had expanded my search to crushed iced cushions and purchased my first diamond from JA! I was soooo excited to get it, and it sparkled in the bright noon light outside Fedex. Angels sang. Best of all, it was $1500 and 5.9 x 5.21! Mmmm...spready! That left enough money for a custom ring! Did a ton of research and started leaning towards a different style due to the proliferation of the Harry Winston style. It was so special when I first got it, and now they even had bad replicas at Target. And all the talk about pave made me lean towards a more plain band. We have two huge dogs, work on our house a lot and I didn't want to take the ring off all the time. Was leaning back towards the art deco style. Fay Cullen got terrible reviews, so I hopped on Yelp to find the best reviewed, most reasonably priced local jewelry stores.
-----------

Patricia Lauz jewelry - Toronto - www.patricialauz.com
Visited her at the One of a Show up in Toronto. Was there with friends but the homing beacon of diamonds pulled me into her booth. She has beautiful stuff, gorgeously finished. Even pricescoper OCD polish quality. ;-) The rings were pretty reasonable, and I even debated having a temp silver/cz replica made to tide me over. Very nice, very personable. I tried on the Dolci rings. A ttme, I was quoted $1300 for a plain shank cushion halo setting, and $1935 for the same with pave sides. $2425 for full pave. F/G color melee. This was April 11, I'm sure gold has gone up. photo%202%20(3).jpg photo%201%20(3).jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Second big trip - SN Queens - Los Angeles Jewelry district - 607 Hill St
Doesn't answer emails regarding appointments but was very accommodating for a same day appointment on a weekday.

Very welcoming as I came in, Sylva was finishing up with another customer. I explained that I had a diamond, which I brought with me - and was looking for a halo-type setting, and told her I had a $2500 budget. She immediately picked out the following ring. Gorgeous! Beautiful finger coverage - and the center emerald was only 5.8 x 5.4 mm! Very nice workmanship. Sylva was very complimentary about my diamond and it sparkled so wonderfully in the store! I did feel like the pave halo didn't sparkle as much as I liked when I brought it to the window, and that was holding me back. Would larger diamonds help? I tried on a number of other rings but came back to this one. I was ready to order! Sylva wrote all the relevant info out for me for hubby, so we could talk it over. I did get an uncomfortable vibe when I stopped in an hour later to see the ring again, even though the previous customer was leaving. I got an impatient vibe, and I was able to be much more objective about the ring. Definitely not enough sparkle on the halo and I was ready to take my time and decide if this was my #1 choice.

ring_snqueen_sms.jpg photo%205%20(2).png photo%202_4.png

Single Stone - part two of 2nd trip (unplanned). - Los Angeles Jewelry district - 607 Hill St
I get off on the correct floor for Eli's and I'm early. Guess who's across from the store? Single Stone! It's empty, so I ask them to buzz me in. They have GORGEOUS stones and rings - really beautiful. A lot more delicate than I imagine from the website, probably too much. It's hard to see all that detail unless you stick your hand in someone's face. The OECs were gorgeous, so sparkly with such life. The prices for a similar ring to the one at SN Queens started at $4400, without a center. Definitely out of my budget. Very nice staff, very friendly. Ari came out to say hi, very friendly as well. Nice vibe.

Eli's Jewelry - part two of 2nd trip - Los Angeles Jewelry district - 607 Hill St
Was very accommodating for a same day appointment on a weekday. All work is done in-house and they have a wide selection. Eli Jr even brought out some rings that were waiting for customer pickup so that I could compare my stone size. He has some gorgeous pave halos, around $2100 plus $250 for setting the stone (I didn't try haggling). Very nice detailing on the undergallery and nice pave work. However, I really loved the uniqueness of the art deco settings and nothing sang to me. Too bad I didn't know he carries Gabriel & Co because I saw a few online after that that I really liked. A good informative visit, no super friendly fuzzy feelings here. He gets great reviews locally, and everyone loves the price and quality.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
23rd street jewelers - Manhattan Beach
I had been to the Santa Monica location a year ago and wanted to see what styles this location had. Very friendly staff, gorgeous merchandise. One of the rings looked suspiciously like a Beverley K and was on sale for $1400 with a CZ, and I was told it was machine made. When I probed, they said it was made by their benchman in downtown LA. The rest are all handmade - they have 2 separate benchman they use. The all pave rings are beautiful - very delicate. They have a wide variety of very unique styles, most skewed towards a high end. The pave settings start about about $3800 and go up quickly from there. The more ornate art deco styles are nice, but IMHO, a little too "handmade". The bezels looked off - e.g. not uniformly oval on an oval stone, significantly so. The jeweler was very nice and welcoming, and even said we could bring in scrap gold to apply to the ring price. I explained what I was looking for and she quoted me a price at about $2000-2500 for a custom art deco setting, machine made, with changes to the one they had. Their bench is in downtown Los Angeles, they don't do any work at their stores. They did have one super high crown OMC that I know some pricescopers would love! :) I was waffling between this store and SN Queens until the new diamond ate up our budget.

23rd street jewelers - Santa Monica
Went to see some cushion shapes, as advised by the other location's jeweler. Once again, the rings I viewed had terrible bezels. The cushion bezel was so off, the whole entire ring looked off kilter. I'm not especially OCD about stuff like this, but it shook my confidence that I would be happy with anything they made me. I really loved the machine made ring and the pave rings, but didn't want to take a chance. Prices on diamonds are pretty high.

In these pics:
Yellow Gold OMC - 1.6 with a super high crown - I knew some of ya'll would drool! - setting - $3800 - no price on stone, sorry!
White Gold pave - 2 carat - no stats on it - setting - $3800
Last - 6.2 mm RB cz - that's the $1400 setting.

photo%205%20(2).jpg
photo%203%20(5).jpg
photo%204%20(3).jpg
photo%201%20(6).jpg
photo%203%20(6).jpg
photo%204%20(4).jpg
photo%201%20(7).jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wanna Buy a Watch - Melrose - http://www.wannabuyawatch.com
Helped a friend pick out a ring here yearrrs ago - when they were still located on the less fancy stretch of Melrose. Years before we got married. I remember Hubby replying "That's how much my truck cost..." when I showed him the ring I liked. Came back to check out a Beverley K ring, though the stone was out of our reach. They do work with Beverley K, but are a small shop and not a well oiled machine like GOG. Things take time and explanation. They have many gorgeous vintage rings, and some vintage-inspired rings. Gorgeous OECs, and they love to show them off! Nice selection of budget rings with tiny diamonds for under $1000. Also a nice selection of vintage style wedding bands, and many real vintage ones. The store is half jewelry and half vintage watches (like Rolex). Service is very "european", if you know what I mean. Generally efficient but not super friendly. Were accommodating when I wanted to see a few vintage rings to decide if I wanted to go with original antique or a repro. Gorgeous modern RB - 6.5 mm - in an Bev K setting, plated in PINK GOLD! http://www.wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/32906.html
32906.jpg
Pic pre-plating

Tried on a beautiful art deco from from the 1910s with sapphires around an OEC - $4900-ish, not bad. http://www.wannabuyawatch.com/indpages/40246.html
40246.jpg

The other rings I loved were in the $10-17k range. :) Hubby doesn't want to sell the truck to get me a ring. <shrugs>

Servis & Taylor - West LA - http://servistaylor.com
One of the last few LA jewelers with an in-house bench. Husband and Wife duo - husband is the bench, wife runs the business. Beautiful pave, the wife's personal halo'd asscher was in the window when I went the last time. Setting price on that one (in 18k) was on the high end - about $3800-4000. Official dealer of Beverley K. Used to have a ton more antique stones. My old office was close to here so I've popped in a number of times. Very friendly couple. However, they dropped the ball on me wanted to customize a Beverley K and I never heard back from them.

Fourteen Karats (XIV Karats) - Beverly Hills
A huge selection - I went here a couple of years ago when starting my search. I suspect much of their inventory is made in china, and prices are reasonable. Tried on a couple pave bands and a few pave halo settings. I keep meaning to get back there to take a look, but their hours aren't the most accommodating. Bev Hills basically shuts down at 6 pm. I work full time. Meh.

Excaliber Antique Jewelry - Beverly Hills - located in the Paper Bag Princess store - http://excaliburjewelry.com/
Very warm and nice staff. I was super dressed down and they were very helpful. Located inside an upscale vintage dress store. A ton of antique wedding bands and antique engagement rings. Anything in a significant carat weight was out of my price range, so I moved on.

Lastly, the huge pawnshop down the street from us with the 24hr window has surprisingly high prices jewelry. :)

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
End of the story - I wasn't happy with the light performance of the cushion and upgraded to a Princess of Hearts from GOG.

I had been eying the POHs on GOG for a year, but they were out of budget. I hopped on their site about 8 minutes after their spring sale started and immediately put the .88 E I1 POH on hold! Happy dance!

They are also customizing a Beverley K for me. I can't wait to get it! Their service has been fantastic, as has been that of James Allen. I was wary of shipping diamonds back and forth - but they made it safe and easy. I would highly recommend both. I cannot WAIT to get my ring!

FYI - Budget was $5k total. We came in under budget ($2700 stone, $1590 setting with customizations), and I'm looking for an eternity ring to eat up the rest! ;-) .03 pointers from IDJ? Waiting on a quote!

Cushion I sent back to JA:
photo(4)_0.jpg

Temp ring from bloomies:
photo%205_1.jpg

Mockup of my ring with my design changes (added the little bezels)
ring_modified.jpg

Sparkles the diamond (she has a nickname!):
diamond_9.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore that Beverly K setting and think the bezels are a fabulous addition. Your ring is going to be amazing. I'm already in love and it hasn't even been posted. :love:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1334111176|3168128 said:
I adore that Beverly K setting and think the bezels are a fabulous addition. Your ring is going to be amazing. I'm already in love and it hasn't even been posted. :love:

Awww - thank you Gypsy! That's very high praise coming from you! :) :appl: I'm so excited! I can't wait to get it - they're modifying the bezel to the square cut corner shape and doing the high polish bezel on the center stone to give it a bit of modern edge!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the changes. It's going be amazing. I really think you've got a great eye and went through a PERFECT sleuthing process to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. What's the gallery on that puppy look like, by the way? I don't remember.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Webdiva - I feel like I have just had the most amazing west coast jewellry lesson ---- EVER!!! :read: That was incredibly detailed and informative - thank you so much! :appl:

Your diamond is gorgeous - and you sure did not hesitate when it came to making THAT decision!

I love your setting selection - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Wow - I'm anxious for you to get it soon so we can enjoy it vicariously thru you! And please - snap another 6,000 photos of it! Loved all the pics you included - you are quite the reporter :bigsmile:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1334111570|3168137 said:
I love the changes. It's going be amazing. I really think you've got a great eye and went through a PERFECT sleuthing process to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. What's the gallery on that puppy look like, by the way? I don't remember.

Thank you! :) I love jewelry so the process was fun!

Funny you should ask about the gallery - I have NO IDEA! I imagine it looks like the gallery on the Bev K at WannaBuyAWatch. I referenced it in the very detailed instructions to GOG, and said I wanted the gallery to be the same shape and size in order to fit a wedding ring under it (within 1 or 2 mm - not flush). All of the Bev K galleries in that type of style are gorgeous so I'm not worried. They either have flower or heart shaped filigree. I was super disappointed in the SN Queens gallery, and that made me question paying the premium. Bev K is custom made in California, too.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1334111731|3168141 said:
Webdiva - I feel like I have just had the most amazing west coast jewellry lesson ---- EVER!!! :read: That was incredibly detailed and informative - thank you so much! :appl:

Your diamond is gorgeous - and you sure did not hesitate when it came to making THAT decision!

I love your setting selection - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Wow - I'm anxious for you to get it soon so we can enjoy it vicariously thru you! And please - snap another 6,000 photos of it! Loved all the pics you included - you are quite the reporter :bigsmile:

Awww...glad you enjoyed the trip, Enerchi! I was thinking of you and others that would enjoy the details as I included them! :) Pricescopers are awesome and I've learned so much! I hope this helps the next person ring shopping in LA!

I will definitely snap a thousand pics of my ring! Flower pics, dangling artistically from the dog, etc. ;-) I'll be out of town for a week and I'm afraid it may come in while I'm GONE and hubby has to pick it up!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
webdiva|1334111847|3168142 said:
Gypsy|1334111570|3168137 said:

Thank you! :) I love jewelry so the process was fun!

Funny you should ask about the gallery - I have NO IDEA! I imagine it looks like the gallery on the Bev K at WannaBuyAWatch. I referenced it in the very detailed instructions to GOG, and said I wanted the gallery to be the same shape and size in order to fit a wedding ring under it (within 1 or 2 mm - not flush). All of the Bev K galleries in that type of style are gorgeous so I'm not worried. They either have flower or heart shaped filigree. I was super disappointed in the SN Queens gallery, and that made me question paying the premium. Bev K is custom made in California, too.

I have a strong preference for Beverley K over unknown quality custom anyway. And from what I can see of the gallery of that other ring, I am underwhelmed too. It's such an opportunity for interest and creativity lost.

YAY! So excited for you.

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Great reviews webdiva! Your ring is going to be ga-ga gorgeous. I worked with GOG on a customized Bev K setting for my RHR and the whole process was very smooth. My ring was a combination of a bezel head from one ring and gallery from another ring, and the final ring was seamless so I'm sure your ring will come out perfect. Be sure to update with a gazillion photos. :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excellent reviews, and the ring will be gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reviews are terrific and sooo helpful! You really helped me with one thing that causes me conflict. I have loved Beverley K all along, but I wondered if totally handmade would be superior. But after your reviews, I almost think I might do better with the perfection of cast with hand details like BK, especially for the pieces I have in mind.

I can't wait to see your finished ring! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I loved your reviews. I went to almost all of the stores on your list when I was getting my reset and all I can say is I totally agree on all of it (accept 23rd St wasn't very nice to me). Im exited to see your ring!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your reviews! This might come in handy for me as I'm also LA based ;)) I've used Yelp! as a search tool for jewelers before, and well, no one on there knows what they're talking about.

Your ring will be so unique and beautiful!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new ring. I can't wait to see hand shots of the finished product. Your reviews were fabulous. I always wondered what the stores in the L.A. jewelry district were like. And if I am ever in the area, I want to check out Excalibur. I love looking at antique rings. Thanks for writing out such a detailed report with photos.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! :) I'm so glad everyone liked the reviews! I feel like I did my due diligence and that I got the best possible ring for ME! It's such a journey of finding out what you REALLY want and what you'll be happy with for a while. I guess that's why I caution all potential fiances to get a temp ring. I ended up liking something that was different than I thought, and I needed to try on dozens (well, let's be honest - HUNDREDS! Including fake rings at Nordstrom, Macy's, etc.) of rings to do that.

Can't WAIT to get my ring! I have no idea what I'm going to do in the meantime, other than get my aqua recut! ;-) Oh, and stalk eternity rings!

sapphirering - I would LOVE to see your ring, I couldn't see a thread on it?

athenaworth - The Manhattan Beach location is waaaay nicer and more welcoming. The last time I went, the new girl at Santa Monica was very nice but didn't has as much knowledge.

diamondseeker2006 - I totally get your dilemma and I'll post more pics of the 23rd street machine made ring for you. It's stunning! Does anyone in your area have Beverley K? Their stuff is sooo beautiful and so much more delicate in person - the blown up pics look HUGE and like the metal isn't well-made. The pendants, earrings and bands are so pretty, too!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ring from 23rd Street that is on sale for $1400 incl the 6.2 mm CZ. So beautiful - I hope a Pricescoper gets it!

It's machine made, very well made. Beautiful polish on it, I was seriously tempted to get it even though RBs are not my thing! Gorgeous heart filigree gallery.

23rd.png
23rd3.png
23rd4.png
23rd2.png

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for posting your experiences. I live within a drive of LA, but don't get there often. I'll certainly visit this thread if I'm going on a shopping trip.

Some of the Wanna Buy a Watch stuff is lovely. Those are the last items I'd expect from a store with a name like that!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Lotus99|1334168607|3168572 said:
Thanks so much for posting your experiences. I live within a drive of LA, but don't get there often. I'll certainly visit this thread if I'm going on a shopping trip.

Some of the Wanna Buy a Watch stuff is lovely. Those are the last items I'd expect from a store with a name like that!

ha! I know! I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with that one. I suggest a combined store name so brides don't have to say "Oh ya, I got my ring at WannabuyaWatch!". hehe It's a lovely shop too, right on Melrose at La Cienega. I highly recommend them for under $1000 antique rings for folks not eBay-savvy.

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I didn't start a thread for my RHR- here it is on the first post of this page:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-63']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-63[/URL]
(The sapphire is actually electric blue IRL but I couldn't capture the color for the life of me.)

I worked with Lynda from GOG and she helped sourced the side stones which are single cuts. The bezel head and gallery were from two Bev K rings featured on Greenwich Jeweler's website. I actually really dislike Bev K's official website, and according to Lynda they don't put all their available settings online. :rolleyes:

I would work with GOG again on another Bev K setting in a heartbeat! Have you ever come across any Bev K setting that is more modern and not so vintagey, by the way? I have an emerald cut tsavorite that I want to set in a clean, Art Deco setting but all the Bev K settings I've seen online are more ornate than the look I have in mind.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
webdiva: your reviews were excellent! I'll probably never get to the W. Coast to visit any of these stores in person, but your reviews painted a very good picture, so thanks for taking the time to write it all up AND post pictures. This thread needs to be archived somewhere. Your ring is going to be amazing, can't wait to see it!!!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
sapphirering|1334173420|3168665 said:
I didn't start a thread for my RHR- here it is on the first post of this page:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-63']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-63[/URL]
(The sapphire is actually electric blue IRL but I couldn't capture the color for the life of me.)

I worked with Lynda from GOG and she helped sourced the side stones which are single cuts. The bezel head and gallery were from two Bev K rings featured on Greenwich Jeweler's website. I actually really dislike Bev K's official website, and according to Lynda they don't put all their available settings online. :rolleyes:

I would work with GOG again on another Bev K setting in a heartbeat! Have you ever come across any Bev K setting that is more modern and not so vintagey, by the way? I have an emerald cut tsavorite that I want to set in a clean, Art Deco setting but all the Bev K settings I've seen online are more ornate than the look I have in mind.

Gorgeous ring! And I had no idea they didn't put all their settings online! I did see a catalog at one jeweler, but they also didn't have much! Everything I saw was super milgrainy - not my thing. However, I know you can order sterling silver samples of the rings and Bev K does have some more modern stuff up on their site. The one jewelry I went to had all SS rings in his display. Like this? http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr1170-a-9x7cn-d-d-m.html
You may also want to look at Gabriel & Co...

Thanks, Onedrop! If more of these merchants got online like GOG, WF, etc- they would probably have more business! :)

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Webdiva, do you (or anyone else reading this thread) happen to know around how much Single Stone eternity bands are? I'm looking for a rough range. I've seen people say they're expensive, but I just don't know how expensive. I couldn't see any prices on their site.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Lotus99|1334177421|3168734 said:
Webdiva, do you (or anyone else reading this thread) happen to know around how much Single Stone eternity bands are? I'm looking for a rough range. I've seen people say they're expensive, but I just don't know how expensive. I couldn't see any prices on their site.

Sorry, no idea. I'm sure you can call them and get a ball park. I did see a gorgeous art deco replica eternity ring at SN Queens - I believe it had either squares or asscher shaped milgraining around the diamonds - for $1100. Bev K also has gorgeous eternity rings - Servis & Taylor has a bunch to try on in their store. Beautiful quality!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Webdiva, I think you should do tours of different diamond districts and write "jewellry tourism" reviews!!! We'd all be interested in them!

Maybe there's "pinned thread" potential in that idea... :!: :!: :!:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1334190231|3168871 said:
Webdiva, I think you should do tours of different diamond districts and write "jewellry tourism" reviews!!! We'd all be interested in them!

Maybe there's "pinned thread" potential in that idea... :!: :!: :!:

Ha! Awesome! I'll end my tour with a tour of some of the local taco trucks! :) I'm actually headed down to the district again Sat morning to sell some gold for the in-laws. Last time, hubby's friend took us to a tiny back office one street over where his cousin makes gorgeous pave for other high end jewelers and celebrities! He showed me a few samples of his work - but all were in progress and he didn't have any finished pieces. They were very cool architectural cast earrings that he was adding pave work to. Next up - my story of buying sapphire earrings in the back room of a tailor in Kowloon, Hong Kong, in the building where Bruce Lee would practice on the roof (or so the old gentleman said...)! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results