shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a Diamond - Taking too long?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belomni

Rough_Rock
I have recently decided to ask my girlfiend to be my wife. She kind of knows whats up but not for sure. I began my diamond buying journey with the best of intentions. However, it has taken me about 30 days now and I still do not have a diamond. I am very close now to buying one but I wanted to run a couple of things by you guys first. -BTW: I recently posted a subject regarding Diamond Cutters International. I have since decided to buy my diamond somewhere else because of a lot of pressure and the fact that they were much more expensive than a lot of other places.

I have been looking for Ex/Ex Polish/Symmetry. Is that going too far?

I have also been looking at only sthin-med and med-sthick girdles. How is that for a range?

I have found a place online called USA Certed Diamonds.com. Has anyone used them yet. They seem really nice and are very willing to send the diamond over to CutNut for a look before I am obligated to buy. Sounds good to me. What about one of you?

I have the other parts figured out and am ok with them.
Ex: VS1-SI1 G-H .70-.85

Thank you all so much for everything!!
Cant wait to pop out the killer stone :)

Shawn (Am male but my mom decided to spell it that way :)
(Belomni):wink2:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ex Ex means very little to me, Good to very good can be fine.

Your girdle range is good :)

Send me the cut specs first.

Re sending me the stone to check - I assume you are in Australia? I am happy to do an appraisal for you for a normal commercial fee that you pay. Martin from USA cert can ship dirctly to me if he so chooses, but you would need to pre arrange return shipment if you decide not to go ahead with the purchase.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I have been looking for Ex/Ex Polish/Symmetry. Is that going too far?
----------------

This is usual for traditional ideal cut stones. However, no one could se adifference between good and x-polish. X-symmetry is something you might appreciate - it's a personal choice.

----------------
I have also been looking at only sthin-med and med-sthick girdles. How is that for a range?
----------------

sounds good.

----------------
I have found a place online called USA Certed Diamonds.com. Has anyone used them yet. They seem really nice and are very willing to send the diamond over to CutNut for a look before I am obligated to buy. Sounds good to me. What about one of you?
----------------

USACerted is known as reliable source. Tell them you're going to post your experienece on Pricescope forum :)

Are you sure they say CutNut and not RocDoc? :) At any rate you have to pay for independent evaluation of the stone which is not bad.

----------------
Cant wait to pop out the killer stone :)
----------------

Good luck and keep us posted :)

belomni

Rough_Rock
I keep getting the following when I request diamonds with slt-med or med. "Well for a diamond to be Ideal, the Ideal girdle is to be Thin to Medium. & the difference between thin - slightly thin is so slight that you need a microscope & gauge to tell the difference."

Should I keep holding out for my sth-med stone or is it really not a big deal?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
How are you going to set the stone. The girdle is protection to some extent. It could be problematic if it is too thin. The girdle also hides carat weight when it is too thick. At the end of the day, you want a compromise.

I don't think it matters too much as long as you don't have extremes....but I will leave that up to someone more knowledgable than me to respond.

Good luck and keep us posted!

mgu

Rough_Rock
30 days? Pah-shah. I looked a lot longer for mine (and took some heat for it) but I think it was worth it.

Just dont get discouraged, you'll find the right combination soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results