shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a diamond online

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
What are some reputable sources to buying a loose diamond online?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Start by reading everything under the "Knowledge" tab at the top of the page.

Reputable dealers include:

Blue Nile
Good Old Gold
James Allen
Brian Gavin
High Performance Diamonds
Whiteflash

and the list goes on... depends on what you are looking for.

Do you know what shape you want? What is your budget?

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! I Would like a round shape around 1.5 ct. My budget is around $10,000

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried using the PS diamond search function? Any idea of how color sensitive you are or not?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
It's going to be in the victor canera emilya setting with a halo. What would be the lowest I could go on color without it clashing with the halo & looking yellow?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since Victor Canera is going to be making the ring, have you spoken with him about sourcing the diamond for you?
https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/diamond-source

That way, you are not limited to the diamonds you see posted on his web site -- and he gives a discount (think it's 10%) on the setting if you purchase the center stone from him.

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
I'm going to look into that! What color range would I be safe in?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on how color sensitive you or your intended is. Generally G,H, or I is a safe range to stay in. If you do decide to have Victor source a stone for you, you can discuss it with him as well. I believe he gives a small discount on the setting if you buy the stone from him.

Can you find out how color sensitive your intended is?

Q

Queenie60

I have used enchanteddiamonds.com for several stones. Recently I used McGiverndiamonds.com and found the Mike McGivern is very helpful - he's the owner/operator and is very experienced and helpful. I am very pleased with my purchase from him. One concern about Enchanteddiamonds.com is their diamonds are priced about 10% higher than other online vendors for the same diamonds with matching GIA report numbers. Jamesallen.com is a good reliable source.

Be sure that which ever vendor you use, they have a return policy and that you see the stone prior to mounting. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results