shape
carat
color
clarity

buying a aset scope in the ny diamond district?

cj2011

Rough_Rock
To look at loose diamonds in the Manhattan diamond district do I need to buy/bring my own aset scope or will a seller have one to use? Anyone have any suggestion about where to get an aset scope while in the diamond district?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I believe a pricescoper rented one from Diamonds by Lauren located in the diamond district. I would contact them and find out if you could borrow theirs. It would probably be alot easier than trying to buy one. http://diamondsbylauren.com/DBL_AboutUs.shtml Good luck in your search !

cj2011

Rough_Rock
went there, the guy said he didn't know what a aset scope was....does an aset scope go by another name or is there a similar tool that people are more familiar with. This wasn't the first store that told me they didn't know what an aset scope was

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ASET scope reveals diamonds that are poorly cut.
Gosh, I can't imagine why everybody in the NY diamond district says they've never heard of it. :roll:

Hmmm. :read:

I think that is the worst place to buy a diamond if you want good cut, prices, services and good vendor policies.

If I was in Manhattan and wanted to buy a diamond I would not swim with the sharks in the NY Diamond District.
I'd drive 35 miles to Goodoldgold.
I bought from them and they have great-cut diamonds, service and policies..

www.goodoldgold.com
5278 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(516) 798-5151

1.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results