shape
carat
color
clarity

Buyine from Angara? Ok or not??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve never purchased from anyone online besides WF. I was on the Angara site the other day b/c I saw their ad here and I saw a really pretty ruby heart shaped pendant that I would like to get for myself. FI approved it since Valentine''s Day is coming up but I was wondering are they reputable?
Anyone on here buy from them? If so your thoughts would be much appreciated. Did you like the product? Was it good quality?
I''m in Canada so I don''t want to make a mistake and have to send the item all the way back etc.
The prices are reasonable and I chatted to a SA online and it seems fine but would appreciate any info or advice from anyone on here.

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the quality of their items are slightly above commercial quality. You do not get to pick the gemstone; they are already set and is a generic stock item. I'm not sure how picky you are. Has the ruby been fracture filled or oiled or anything like that? It seems way too cheap for 1.5 ct ruby in a halo setting for only $1.6K. Can you ask if that's the picture of the actual ring?

Is this the one you like?
http://www.angara.com/shop.do?cID=1929&pID=622519

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono!

Actually, it isn''t a ring I am interested in, it is a ruby heart shaped pendant and chain in 18K WG

I will try to attach the link and I took a look at their in house appraisal and it doesn''t say the rubies were heated or oiled or anything.

BUMP too for anyone else who can give me info about buying from this site

http://www.angara.com/shop.do?cID=1938&pID=217851

I hope this works

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 3:10:54 PM
Author: btrflygrl23

Thanks Chrono!

Actually, it isn't a ring I am interested in, it is a ruby heart shaped pendant and chain in 18K WG

I will try to attach the link and I took a look at their in house appraisal and it doesn't say the rubies were heated or oiled or anything.

BUMP too for anyone else who can give me info about buying from this site

http://www.angara.com/shop.do?cID=1938&pID=217851

I hope this works
Yes, I noticed it says natural genuine ruby but that doesn't tell me anything other than it isn't man made. It could have been heated (I'm 100% sure it is), resin filled, oiled, BE treated or anything else. It's pretty cute though! Email and ask what treatments the rubies underwent. If it's just heat, it's decent piece of jewellery.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Chrono I think in this case I will stay away I trust your judgment. Thanks so much!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, I'm not trying to scare you away.
23.gif
Do email and ask about the ruby treatment. I'm curious as to what the answer is.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
No, no you didn''t scare me at all I just know to adhere to PS advice and that pretty much 100% of the time PSers are right on with their knowledge base.
I actually will ask them right now and get back I''m curious too as to what they will tell me.

They have a function where you can chat online with an SA so I''m going to do it now and I''ll ask the right questions.
Stay tuned!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i ran across that pendant yesterday when doing some googling. i thought it was cute. i actually did a ps search on angara.

i saw their ad on ps today and went to their site but could not find the pendant. i was surprised to see this thread. i figured you had bought it until i read further. i am curious. anybody know anything more?

i was reading a thread the other day and some ps member had a lovely heart shaped diamond. she was considering a
bezel set. i thought of that thread when i saw it.

eta: i found it, it is still there.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono
I chatted online with one of their SA and she reassured me that the rubies are 100% natural not man made. I asked her specifically about ALL of the possible treatments you mentioned and she said they NEVER inject or alter the rubies in any way at all. She said it is mainly Emeralds that are oiled and that about 95% of rubies are heated and yes she said these rubies are heated but that is all that has been done to them.
I noticed you said it is a cute pendant and I think so too and you said heating isn''t the end of the world so should I go for it the price is decent and they have a pretty decent return policy.

It is 18k WG with an 18 inch chain and it is about the size of a nickel and puffed and hangs on the diagonal

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Crown I just saw your post, no I didn''t buy it yet I really like it though and I think they have more than one.

I did a review of angara and most people are happy with the product from what I could find but many people seemed unhappy with shipping in that many said they were told one thing and then the item was shipped much later than what they expected or were told.
Other than that feedback was fine.
I did find one person who said what they got didn''t look anything like the pic on the site and that the color of the tanzanite was off and that their sister didn''t like it and they were going to send it back

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:53:23 PM
Author: btrflygrl23

Chrono

I chatted online with one of their SA and she reassured me that the rubies are 100% natural not man made. I asked her specifically about ALL of the possible treatments you mentioned and she said they NEVER inject or alter the rubies in any way at all. She said it is mainly Emeralds that are oiled and that about 95% of rubies are heated and yes she said these rubies are heated but that is all that has been done to them.

I noticed you said it is a cute pendant and I think so too and you said heating isn''t the end of the world so should I go for it the price is decent and they have a pretty decent return policy.

It is 18k WG with an 18 inch chain and it is about the size of a nickel and puffed and hangs on the diagonal

thanks for your help! do you find it strange the bezeled ruby is only 5mm but the size is similar to a nickle?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like it, I think it's worth buying. Have you seen the return policy? That way, if the colour is off or you think it doesn't look as cute as in the picture, you'll be able to return it. I don't mind gently heated stones and these are fairly small (melee size) so I expect the quality to be reasonable. Just check that they aren't opaque (cloudy).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results