shape
carat
color
clarity

Buyers remorse???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Kat

Rough_Rock
Hi all I've been lurking on here for quite some time and really enjoy all the pretty sparklies!

My name is Katherine and I have been happily married over a year now. We were married on the third anniversary of our first date. I am now the proud mommy of my little Sara.

Anyways, when my wonderful husband and I started looking for rings two years ago we weren't too familiar with the process. I was 20 and my husband had just turned 23. We didn't know about forums like these. So we ended up purchasing from a "high end" MAUL jeweller. After learning so much more about diamonds and diamond purchsing we feel so ripped off!

My diamond IS beautiful... It is a .76 ct., G color(when compared to my friend's D color mine still looks white, to my surprise!), I1 (no one can see the inclusion but me..my husband has tried but it is actually pretty concealed) , princess cut, set in a 18k white gold setting. The price tag said 3999 but he payed approx. 3700 including tax. I will never trade up this stone as I am extremely sentimental (NOT calling off any upgrades though!
2.gif
) My sweet husband presented this ring to me on the beach in the exact spot where we had our first kiss! Though I wasn't too surprised I couldn't stop those tears from flowing.

Should he feel douped? Or has this happened to any of you out there? I do know that there will be another diamond in my future...should I feel guilty for wanting an upgrade?(I think I know the answer to this one, but I need encouragement!)

Oh...I also want to add that this diamond is the biggest in our family and my mom wondered why I would "need" such a big(?) stone at my age.(She never had and engagement stone, just the plain gold band) And my husband's family...MAUL jewellery fans! So if and when I do get another diamond we are gonna hear about it for months. Luckily my husband has become just as interested as I have on learning more about diamonds...and will never buy MAUL again!!!

Thanks for listening!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2005 4:32:44 AM
Author:Ms.Kat

... a .75 ct., G color, I1 set in a 18k white gold setting. ... he payed approx. 3700 including tax.

Should he feel douped?
It doesn't sound that bad - apparently internet prices are less than traditional B&M shops (including Malls) charge. Virtually every poster who bought a ring online and wrote here says something to that effect. Comparing prices with SI2 and the few matching I1 in the database above may help with refferences, but there's no reason to feel bad about the ring after it has served you so well
1.gif

Upgrade?? That's the one right thing to do around here
9.gif
You may use Pricescope as a global log of excuses, opportunties and strategies for doing just that!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ms Kat:

Your husband did the best he knew how at the time. Can''t ask for more, can you?

Sounds like you have 2 great jems. Be sure to appropriately care for both of them.

You did well.

I know of so many people who take short cuts knowing that there is a better way.

Perry

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your lovely ring. It sounds like you are happy with everything but the pricetag. As with most things it always seems there is a better deal out there somewhere. Your ring now has sentimental valure attached that no pricetag can match. Now that you''ve found Pricescope, you can take you newly learned information when purchasing those upgrades
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else has said, the ring sounds wonderful, it has sentimental value, and your husband is a gem too! I wouldn''t worry about your stone, butinstead, use PS to research that upgrade
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone, if you love the ring that is all that matters. About wanting an upgrade, I don''t think there is anything wrong with that but you are young and newly married so why don''t you get one after 5 or ten years and turn your ring now into a right hand ring or necklace?

Ms.Kat

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I will enjoy my little beauty (probably for at least another 5 years). It is nice to know I have a place to talk diamonds with people who actually "get it".

Thanks again!
28.gif

I think that the idea of using my diamond for a right hand ring or pendant would be perfect. That way I would still be able to always wear the original!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results