shape
carat
color
clarity

Buyers remorse or just Pink Diamond nerves bad pic included arrrrrrrgg

silverwillow

Rough_Rock
I haven't been on here for so long. I happily had help to buy my 2ct dream brilliant round cut diamond for my halo diamond ring. Well just over a year ago we were robbed. Long story short I had some insurance money (not enough to cover everything as per usual) but thank goodness I was wearing my diamond ring and my oringinal engagement and wedding ring. Still I lost a lot and family heirlooms and gifts, and I think that is why its taken me over a year to really start looking, that and I couldn't possibly replace what I lost sentimentally or financially.

Well yesterday after the insurance companies 30th email asking me if I have decided where I was going to spend the insurance money I decided to go into the city and look. I spent a few hours in the store and it wasn't fun. Jewellery shopping should be fun. I thought to myself I wish I would just see one thing and love it and know that was it! The store was ten minutes from closing and I was about to leave and I see this ring with a small pink diamond and a small halo of light pink diamonds and a halo of white diamonds and I think I love that ring! I live in Western Australia I really should own an Argyle really shouldn't I lol. I only have $24,066 in insurance money and we are renovating our whole house. The ring was $34,800 but we all know that jewellery is marked up the dixie and it all depends on colour, clarity, cut and carat as well as hue, tone and saturaton with coloured diamonds.

But I put it on and I couldn't help myself!! I made the offer and got carried away. I listened and heard it was a 5p .17 certified Argyle diamond with .10 of light pink halo diamonds and .77ct of white diamonds. I didn't write down any details. I took a few dodgy pics and came home on a high waiting for the phone to ring this morning to see if the owner would accept the offer of my insurance price for the ring. Well they called and said yes.

I am now not sure if I am having buyers remorse because I rushed in and dropped 24k in 5 minutes or whether I am just nervous because I don't know enough about pink diamonds to know if it is a good deal? I usually investigate major purchases meticulously so I am feeling really nervous and the pics look terrible compared to the ring in real life which isn't helping, it really does look lovely in real life. One pic is of the store lady holding it for me lol.

Does $24,000 Australian seem like a good price? I will post a better pic once I get the ring. I have to wait untill the insurance company contacts the jeweler now but I don't anticipate that will take long considering they have been chasing me to settle this for a while now. Pink halo ring2.jpg Pink diamond ring.1.jpg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i just wanted to say that it is a very pretty ring! the proportions are very nice. i am in the us and i don't know the conversion rates. furthermore, diamond pricing is not my area of expertise.

im sure someone more informed than i regarding diamond pricing will offer their opinion to you

i do think that if you had an image of the ring profile as well as the gallery, and an image of the certification document ... would be very helpful ...

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its really beautiful
but im so sorry that you got robbed and lost so many sparkly treasures especially things passed down through your family

i think living in our part of the world (i know Western Australia is a long way from NZ) but i think comparing prices with other parts of the world isn't always helpful
its much more than just doing a monetary conversion
its not apples for apples

jewelry, like a lot of other things just costs more down here

the pink diamond ring is beautiful
when you wear it will you be happy ?
will you find joy in your heart like when you wore some of the lost pieces?
will it remind you of your relatives who passed down those now lost family heirlooms to you ?

its good the insurence company let you choose
here inless you have a very specific policy they like to work with one of the mall jewlers and too bad if its not the same quality as Grandma's ring

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there. Also a West Aussie! I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you :( The price of diamonds is horrendous in Australia but having said that, sometimes you should just grab what gives you that high, especially after a horrible experience.

If you look at Nina's Jewellery (https://www.ninasjewellery.com.au/argyle-pink-diamonds.html?p=2) you can get an idea of the price of Argyle Pinks at retail price. Personally, if that store was willing to drop 10K on that ring, then they are still making a reasonable profit. The question to ask yourself is whether you think you can do better with 24K, or if you loooooooove that ring enough to not think about it ever again.

So bottom line, yes you could probably get a better deal but if you love the ring, enjoy it :)

Are you under pressure time-wise to pick something and does it have to be from a bricks and mortar store in Australia?

@Big Fat Facets - 24K AUD is about 17K USD but feels more like 15K USD with lack of value buying within Australia.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
thanks @monipod

op is dealing with insurance in western australia which has its subset of protocol. which might limit her being able to have a bench build her own ring. insurance companies tend to want it all under 1 roof

so far we know that:
she's offered 17k usd to a brick and mortar jeweler for a ring with a 5p .17 certified pink argyle diamond with 2 halos:
1 halo is with lightpink diamonds .10tcw
1 halo is with white diamonds .77tcw

without knowing anymore than that, im going to guesstimate and say, 17k is not a bad price, in us standards

definitely need more information to say for certain, though

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty ring! It’s really hard to find comparisons without knowing the exact specs of your stone, but if it’s got an Argyle certificate then that’s great. Here’s a similar sized 5PP stone from Leibish, $12,000 ish USD,

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, that diamond I posted is PP, I think the purple modifier increases the value somewhat.

silverwillow

Rough_Rock
I've been approved by the insurance company already :eek2::kiss2::appl:and can go in to the store tomorrow for a sizing and get the ring when it's ready. The lovely lady I have been dealing with was with a client but is going to ring me back with the exact specs soon. OMG I never impulse buy like this.

But yes I think I do love the ring so maybe love at first sight is real. And it's not like I plan on selling it because I have two daughters and now will have two lovely rings to pass down one to each of them.

In Australia the insurance company made me choose from a specific company to replace my jewellery and I was limited to that company. I protested heavily at the place they chose because they were very low end and was lucky to be allowed to choose from a few more upmaket jewellers and diamond brokers. Last week in this jewellery store I tried on a gorgeous emerald cut solitaire with nearly flawless clarity and almost colourless it was jaw dropping beautiful and worth $750,000 :kiss2::kiss2: it made me want to sell my house.
Just got the phone call

The original price was $35,450
The Pink Diamond is an Oval .17carat 5p colour, clarity SI certified Argyle Pink Diamond
with12 smaller light pinks in a halo set in rose gold totalling .10 carat
10 white Diamonds g/h colour vs clarity .77carat round briliant cut in a halo set in 18carat white gold.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't comment about the cost, however, I like the ring as it is very pretty, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think its a very pretty ring...and you seem pretty excited about it in your last post. Fingers crossed that you love it when you get it!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been approved by the insurance company already :eek2::kiss2::appl:and can go in to the store tomorrow for a sizing and get the ring when it's ready. The lovely lady I have been dealing with was with a client but is going to ring me back with the exact specs soon. OMG I never impulse buy like this.

But yes I think I do love the ring so maybe love at first sight is real. And it's not like I plan on selling it because I have two daughters and now will have two lovely rings to pass down one to each of them.

In Australia the insurance company made me choose from a specific company to replace my jewellery and I was limited to that company. I protested heavily at the place they chose because they were very low end and was lucky to be allowed to choose from a few more upmaket jewellers and diamond brokers. Last week in this jewellery store I tried on a gorgeous emerald cut solitaire with nearly flawless clarity and almost colourless it was jaw dropping beautiful and worth $750,000 :kiss2::kiss2: it made me want to sell my house.
Just got the phone call

The original price was $35,450
The Pink Diamond is an Oval .17carat 5p colour, clarity SI certified Argyle Pink Diamond
with12 smaller light pinks in a halo set in rose gold totalling .10 carat
10 white Diamonds g/h colour vs clarity .77carat round briliant cut in a halo set in 18carat white gold.

If this ring makes you feel like this - hearts and grins and “love at first sight”... If you were relieved and excited when your insurance company approved the purchase... After the trauma of robbery... Who cares if maybe you could possibly find some other path to shaving a few hundred or even couple thousand off a similar piece!? I think that you were meant to find and fall for this ring.

I hope you enjoy it for many many years ::)

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and unique pink diamond ring!

I would love to see more pictures:kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what time is it in WA ?
is the shop open yet ?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, unique, and rare. I can't imagine that you will regret buying the ring. The colour of the pink diamond is lovely - it looks properly pink (and many that I have seen have had much more subtle colour). The finger coverage is also great. Sometimes its easy to get hung up on how much of a bargain something is or isnt, but ultimately if you love it and it makes your heart sing, and its something you will wear a lot it will be a great buy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20 years ago I didn’t buy an Arygle Pink and I’m still regretting it. I thought it was too small and too expensive.
Wrong.
Arygle shuts next year.
Pricing pink diamonds without clarity grade is tricky or seeing the report for the colour grade (it really matters) but Leibish is selling similar carat for around $20,000 AUD.
Here is Australia having that ring made would quite easily be $5,000 plus so $24,000 for a completed ring is a good price. The pink halo is well done and the diamonds actually look pink !
Proper pastel pink, not brown pink.
Love it and wear it with joy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so beautiful. I hope this rare and gorgeous ring helps to erase the trauma you endured. You deserve to have something really special.

cheers--Sharon

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Wear it well.

silverwillow

Rough_Rock
I went to the jewellers and I do love it and I am happy and I don't care about getting a barging or what not as I won't be selling it so I am happy. I have always loved flowers and nature and feminine rings lol So I went in to get it sized to wear next to my engagement ring but it made no sence to me so I made the decision to change my 2ct halo diamond over to be my main engagement ring and have the new ring on my right hand the only trouble was that my Diamond halo ring was stuck on and it was so tight I could not get it off for the life of me OMG!! I googled and tried three methods and thought I was going to have to cut it off. My finger was purple and swollen after I tried the windex and soap method. The compression method where you wind the elastic under the ring and untwist it and this was after raising my hand and icing it to get it as small as possible. I even tried ky jelly lol. Then low and behold Duit tough hand worked! It hurt like hell but i got her off and the jewellers are going to resize it for free because the new ring fits perfectly n my right hand so they were fine resizing my Halo for my engagement ring and now I can shop for a matching wedding band :appl: :kiss2:

I did take more pics but I am not very good at taking photos and the shop was lit up like christmas but here are a few more pics of my new girly ring. I'm glad I got this as it's looking to the future to my daughters not back to the past at what I lost. =)2
New ring1.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg New ring.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg new ring 9.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg new ring 9.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg new ring 9.jpg new ring 8.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg new ring 9.jpg new ring 8.jpg new ring 7.jpg New ring1.jpg New ring.jpg new ring 9.jpg new ring 8.jpg new ring 7.jpg new ring 5.jpg new ring 5.jpg new ring3.jpg new ring3.jpg

silverwillow

Rough_Rock
I don't know why the pics doubled up sorry

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful. Enjoy!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am lost in jealous land! :P2:lol-2: In all seriousness, I am very happy for your new found treasure.:kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! Enjoy this masterpiece!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love the color! Such a pretty ring. It is sure to bring you joy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results