shape
carat
color
clarity

Buyers need to look for this kind of stuff

jacksonmann

Rough_Rock
This could have been an honest typo, but to the customer this would be a HUGE mistake. If your average customer was searching for an Ideal/Excellent cut stone then they would find this, but if you actually look up the GIA report you will see it does not match what the online database shows.

This is not a PS vendor (that I know of) but there are a lot of non-Pricescope vendors out there like this.

"1.02 Round Excellent Ideal Cut"
http://www.wherethediamondsare.com/details/diamond/149246?mode=search
If you look at the bottom "Excellent Ideal" is between "Signature Ideal" and "Ideal"....and two grades above "Very Good".

BUT...

It's actually only graded Very Good cut by GIA
GIA Report Number: 2116483950
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=2116483950&weight=1.02

Just a heads up to make sure the search results match the report!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
This is a great call out since i have been doing some searches and found discrepancies between the vendor's site criteria on stones from the ones on the GIA report! I learned fast to ALWAYS very the stone directly on the GIA site ;-)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
many vendors have their own classification of "ideal" "signature ideal" etc that does not reflect GIA or AGS grading.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I've came across with few diamonds like that. I always check the GIA or AGS reports

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1303872594|2905925 said:
many vendors have their own classification of "ideal" "signature ideal" etc that does not reflect GIA or AGS grading.

Ditto.

jacksonmann

Rough_Rock
It's deceptive.

I specified Ideal/Excellent in my search and got those results, but the actual GIA grade was Very Good.

I had a great experience with Whiteflash on the other hand, their site matched 100% with the GIA and AGS reports. But seeing this other company operate like this was eye opening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results