shape
carat
color
clarity

Buy the diamond already set from Whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock

Hi,

The entire buy from the internet process seems like a lot of work. First you have to buy the stone loose, have it appraised & then send it back to the internet vendor to have it set (In this case I'm interested in the Sleek Lines setting by Le which Whiteflash will gaurantee only if they set it). Then when they send it back I assume I'll need to get it appraised again in case there was any damage done to the stone during the setting process. It seems like it would be a lot easier to buy it set by the internet vendor & then take it to an appraiser who'll do the appraisal of the diamond when it's already in the setting which I hear is possible to do. What do you all think? Can Whiteflash be trusted enough to buy the stone already set?

Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
depends,
If the diamond is an ACA then Id be comfortable with it.
Expert selection or brokered stones or fancy shapes Id want to see them myself first.

ps. its not a matter of trust its a matter of the amount of information they are willing to give.
Always ask for the real heart and arrow photos the stock ones arent good enough.
Get inclusion photos too and having Brian go over it with you wouldnt hurt either.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''d only buy from vendors I trust and in that case I would have no qualms about receiving the stone already set.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my stone from Whiteflash. I had particular requirements, over 4 carats, completely eye clean and H or I color, excellent cut. Lesley looked for a while and then advised me that she thought she had found the perfect stone for me. Brian the cutter discussed the stone with me at length and I decided that i wanted to see it.

Lesley had stone sent to an appraiser where I could see it and he verified that it was a beautiful stone with a lot of life and that it was as described on the GIA. This appraiser sems to have a reputation for being very hard and a few people here complained that he disagreed with the GIA report and said their stones were one shade lower.

Whiteflash arranged to have the appraiser send the stone back to them. I had nothing to do with that. The setting was made for my stone. The day before they were ready to ship, Brian sent me a photo of the ring in the setting. I felt it was set too high for such a large stone. He said it was no problem since the setting was made for my stone. He reset it very low and sent me another photo a few hours later.
I did not have to pay Whiteflash anything until I saw the final photo and approved it. They then sent it to their appraiser who examined the stone in the setting and verified that it was in perfect condition.
I received the ring the next morning by overnight federal express.

I could have brought the ring back to the appraiser to verify that the stone was undamaged but my husband was once in the diamond business and he looked at it with a loop and said it was fine. I also trusted Whiteflash not to send out a ring they had damaged.

Actually the whole procedure was very easy. I love my ring and I feel I got excellent service and value. My husband was very reluctant to spend so much money with an internet dealer and wanted me to go to one of the Fifth Avenue jewelers. But he is very happy with the purchase which was an anniversary gift. I think you would be too if you go the same route as I did. The only work I did was to go to the appraiser to look at the stone. But I would certainly trust Whiteflash to sell you the stone in the setting if you do not want to see it first.

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Hest and for the love of diamonds, too. I bought from Whiteflash and would not hesitate to receive anything already set.

JC

Shiny_Rock
rosy......It really comes down to personal preference. However, you are right. As you said "it would be a lot easier to buy it set by the internet vendor & then take it to an appraiser who''ll do the appraisal of the diamond when it''s already in the setting". I know that MANY of our customers do that very thing and have no problem. So I''m sure that you would have no problem with having Whiteflash provide this same service. Whiteflash has a good reputation. I''m sure they can be trusted. Good luck...

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results