shape
carat
color
clarity

Buy or pass?? Help me evaluate this emerald cut!!

jocekabobs

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow Pricescopers!

I've been lurking around the boards the past few weeks and finally have occasion to request your collective expertise! I recently received photos of a 1.30 F VS2 emerald cut and wanted to get your opinion on whether it's something worth calling in to look at in person or whether I should pass on it. The pictures are attached and the stats are as follows:

Cut: Emerald
Weight: 1.30
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Ex
Symmetry: VG
Dimensions: 7.40 x 5.25 x 3.55
Depth: 67.6%
Table: 62.2%
Crown: 14.1%
Girdle: Med-Thick

I think overall it looks pretty good, but I'm not sure if that's because it fared so well in comparison to photos of another stone (1.35 E VS2) I received at the same time. The thing that concerns me the most is the depth of the stone. I thought it was a bit deep when I requested photos but I figured it might be okay since it wasn't that far off. I churned it through a grade cut calculator, and sure enough, the only place where it's 2B is with depth. I think that might account for some of the darker areas on the ASET.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but there seem to be little specks in the last photo. Are they grains or bits of light? I have a hard time telling, though I'm fairly sure they're not inclusions since they don't correspond to anything on the GIA certificate.

Anyway... thoughts?

AST.JPG

IS_GIA2125062577.jpg

DI40X_GIA2125062577.jpg

DI40XG_GIA2125062577.jpg

jocekabobs

Rough_Rock
Here is the last photo I was talking about with the specks. Couldn't upload it to the last post b/c of the max 4 photos fule.

untitled.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results