shape
carat
color
clarity

Buy of a lifetime? Newbie diamond shopper needs help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rdsuspender

Rough_Rock
Hey there! This is a great information portal and I am very pleased to have found it.

I found a Tiffany and Co. Engagement Ring at a reputable jeweler and needed some advice on its authenticity and value.

It is platinum, with a center .62 ct round diamond (VS1/ G), with ten VS/ G diamonds to the right and left which are .30 cts total. The total weight is .92 ct. The weight is 5.5 grams, and 6.5 mm in width at the top of the ring.

It is stamped Tiffany and Co. clearly, and matches other pieces which I have purchased directly from the company. The jeweler told me he bought it from an estate and it is a great find. He has it listed at $2200. I have researching for several days, but am overwhelmed by information.

It is exactly what I am looking for, but my lack of knowledge regarding diamonds prompted some questions. If the piece is indeed authentic, is the value correct? Could this be a scam and should I be wary?

I would very much appreciate any insight into my questions.
Thanks

Chef Pete

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
assuming the cut is ideal, the ring really is a tiffany ring, and the stones appraise as what you were told they are, it sounds like a great deal to me.

I think tiffany stamps a serial number in their rings. Does this ring have one?

rdsuspender

Rough_Rock
No, I do not believe so. It is stamped "PT 950". I asked about the authenticity and the Jeweler told me that it meant the grade of platinum, but did not mention anything about a serial number.

Thanks

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
I'm not positive if Tiffany stamps the serial number or not, but I've heard they do.

Is your goal to get a tiffany diamond/setting, or are you just looking for a good diamond/setting? It's hard to give advice unless we know the answer to this question.

Dana

Rough_Rock
Is it possible you could purchase it with the provision that if it isn't authentic it could be returned ? It sounds like a great buy if it's the real deal. I'm sure if you went to Tiff's they would let you know....
-Dana

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results