shape
carat
color
clarity

Buy at Ben Bridge or Get Custom Made

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
My friend is looking for an engagement ring for his girlfriend and she saw this in Ben Bridge''s store and loved it

http://benbridge.com/store/catalog/Ben-Bridge-Signature-Diamond-ring-in-platinum-p-8508.html

Do you think the setting could be custom made and if so for how much? I know the diamond is their Signature diamond but if a one carat (or slightly less) princess cut or other square cut could be substituted of better quality he would really like to do that. Now that I''ve educated him on diamonds somewhat, he doesn''t want to buy a pre-set one if he doesn''t have to.

Any suggestions of other setting like this or specific places to get it custom made would be great.

Thanks.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I dreaming or didn''t someone on PS have a ring like that in the not so distant past? This is something a good metalsmith should be able to make without too much difficulty, IMO.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like ben bridge - they won''t even let you look at their diamonds in your own hands... one of them I went to wouldn''t even take them out of the plastic case it was in let alone let me hold the plastic case. I took out my equal sized diamond (this was when I was comparing to a round) and she still kept saying policy policy - and I understand it wasn''t *her* fault but it nicked it for me - no way in hell would I ever buy a 40k diamond without having the honor of inspecting it - thanks! BTW the signature diamond is just a diamond with lots of extra facets so it has a lot of undefined pinfire and good brilliance. I didn''t think it was spectacular by any stretch. Have you told her about solsaferas?

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
lehcarm - that 2nd one from Knox jewelers might work. I''ll forward it onto my friend and see what he thinks. Thanks for finding those.

Cehrabehra - I don''t like Ben Bridge either and haven''t heard that many good things about them, which is why I am trying to steer him away from that direction to maybe go custom. I haven''t seen a solasafera in person. Is it square, do you think it would look similar?

Thanks everyone and if there are any more suggestions please keep them coming.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 2:58:36 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
lehcarm - that 2nd one from Knox jewelers might work. I''ll forward it onto my friend and see what he thinks. Thanks for finding those.

Cehrabehra - I don''t like Ben Bridge either and haven''t heard that many good things about them, which is why I am trying to steer him away from that direction to maybe go custom. I haven''t seen a solasafera in person. Is it square, do you think it would look similar?

Thanks everyone and if there are any more suggestions please keep them coming.
is that a square stone - it was small and I couldn''t see... what about a square H&A from GOG? GOG also sells solsafera but they are round. Also, there is the xfactor from whiteflash that is princess-ish. the stone I looked at from BB was a round signature stone... I forget the name they gave it. It had pinflash and it''s okay but I prefer broader flash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results