shape
carat
color
clarity

Burnt diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarin

Rough_Rock
What is the result of a burnt diamond? Does it change in color?

Mandarin

Rough_Rock
Please, please, anyone have any ideas?

Mandarin

Rough_Rock
Please, please, anyone have any ideas?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
A burnt diamond will take on a white cloudy look, very milky and non-see through for the most part. When you say 'change color' if you mean the diamond was a clear color (e.g. DEFG) and is now more yellowish looking ...I don't think that is possible. Also, it takes very high temperatures for diamonds to burn, so it would need to be something like a house fire or a jeweler's torch..I don't think you can just carelessly burn the stone from a second of exposure to something somewhat hot.

Hope this helps. If the diamond is in fact burnt, you can have it repolished, you will lose some of the diamond's weight in the polishing process but it should not be a significant amount. When the diamond has been re-polished, it will appear as though it had never been damaged.

Mandarin

Rough_Rock
Mara, thank you for your comments. You are absolutely right. The diamond is not burnt. I had the ring inspected by a jeweler.

lucek

Rough_Rock
34.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
34.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/34.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">In theory the carbon of a diamond can be turned into co2 in the right conditions. This will turn the dimend to smoke and ash. I think.
17.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
17.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/17.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results