shape
carat
color
clarity

Burmese Rubies back in town.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, it will be interesting to see how that plays out in the market.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! One less hurdle, though like Chroman, I wonder how much difference it will make as I suspect quite a few post ban Burmese stones have already been selling in this country. But good news regardless.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If some of you recall, when the ban went in place, the price of burmese rubies in particular went pretty high due to demand and scarcity. Even paypal got involved and told vendors they could not sell burmese rubies unless they were preban. So it will be very interesting to see what happens when these rubies come back into the US market.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first saw the title of this new thread I got excited, then I remembered I do not have any money!

AGBF ;))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1474059054|4077512 said:
When I first saw the title of this new thread I got excited, then I remembered I do not have any money!

AGBF ;))

Come join me in coloring pictures with red crayon while gazing longingly at the color.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1474042987|4077376 said:
Yay! One less hurdle....

Yes. This is the way I have been feeling about it. I may not, now, have any money. However, it is better to live in a world where, if I ever have money again I can easily find Burmese, unheated rubies rather than only Thai or other rubies. My fantasy life, if nothing else, is thus enhanced. I am still dreaming of a stoplight red, unheated, Burmese ruby with the silk on-but not too much silk so as to make it dull!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1474059362|4077513 said:
AGBF|1474059054|4077512 said:

AGBF ;))

Come join me in coloring pictures with red crayon while gazing longingly at the color.

Where can we meet with some white paper?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1474059478|4077514 said:
Yay! One less hurdle....

Yes. This is the way I have been feeling about it. I may not, now, have any money. However, it is better to live in a world where, if I ever have money again I can easily find Burmese, unheated rubies rather than only Thai or other rubies. My fantasy life, if nothing else, is thus enhanced. I am still dreaming of a stoplight red, unheated, Burmese ruby with the silk on-but not too much silk so as to make it dull!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Wait, what?!!! You, who have one of the most iconic red stone rings on PS? I can't remember whether its a ruby or a spinel, but its BIG and gorgeous and so well executed with side diamonds. I know some folks feel a need to have multiple gorgeous statement rings with the same colored stone center (yes, I'm looking at you certain Canadian PSer :lol: ), but you have one of the red beauties already - how can you possibly improve upon it?!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1474078492|4077599 said:
Yay! One less hurdle....

Wait, what?!!! You, who have one of the most iconic red stone rings on PS? I can't remember whether its a ruby or a spinel, but its BIG and gorgeous and so well executed with side diamonds. I know some folks feel a need to have multiple gorgeous statement rings with the same colored stone center (yes, I'm looking at you certain Canadian PSer :lol: ), but you have one of the red beauties already - how can you possibly improve upon it?!

It's a spinel. And what can I say, except that I always wanted a ruby.... (I will never get one.)

Deb :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1474080016|4077608 said:
Yay! One less hurdle....

It's a spinel. And what can I say, except that I always wanted a ruby.... (I will never get one.)

Hahaha, Okay, forgiven. Carry on, and can't wait to see what you design this time around. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1474083581|4077622 said:
AGBF|1474080016|4077608 said:
Yay! One less hurdle....

Hahaha, Okay, forgiven. Carry on, and can't wait to see what you design this time around. :))

minousbijoux-

When I saw your reply to me this morning, I thought only a Pricescoper would answer my posting that way! Who else could possibly understand the need someone might have to own a red Burmese spinel (in my case two of them) and a red Burmese ruby? (Not that I think I will ever own such a ruby.) ;))

In gem sisterhood,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results