shape
carat
color
clarity

Blog Building a Jewelry Wardrobe

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I would love a tennis bracelet someday. I have a diamond bangle that I love, but a tennis bracelet is still on my list. I have most of what’s listed on the link you posted.

One other thing I’d like would be a single RB diamond necklace set in a bezel. It could be OEC or perhaps try a CBI stone someday.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider these items excellent for a jewellery wardrobe
Earrings - diamond studs, gold hoop earrings, pearl studs, coloured gemstone earrings in your favourite colours.
Necklaces - a few gold chains that can be worn alone or with a pendant. Layer with 3 lengths ie 16, 18 and 20 and different chain types. A strand of pearls, a strand of coloured bead gemstones. A few pendants that can be put onto the necklaces or used a an enhancer on the pearls.
A nice watch (it’s not always appropriate to pull out your mobile to check the time!)
Bangles or bracelets. A diamond tennis bracelet is great but even a DYTY bracelet is lovely. A gold bangle or two.
Rings - statement cocktail ring, a few types of band rings to wear alone or stack.
Some fun pieces aka costume jewellery.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Oooh this is a hard on... But if one is to build a foundation of jewelry wardrobe or collection there are essentials as I call them...

Earrings:
Everyday- Diamond Studs, Pearl Studs
Special Occasions- Diamond Danglers

Necklace:
Everyday- South Sea Pearl Necklace, Gold Chains in various lengths worn alone or for stacking. Diamond Stud Pendant.
Special Occasions- Diamond Choker/necklace. Diamond and Precious Stone (Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire) Choker/Necklace.

Bracelet:
Everyday- South Sea Pearl Bracelet, Gold Bracelets or Bangles in various thickness worn alone or for stacking. Diamond Tennis Bracelet. Jadeite Bangle or Bracelet.
Special Occasions- Diamond Bracelet. Diamond and Precious Stone (Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire) Bracelet.

Ring:
Everyday- Diamond Solitaire Ring, Colored Stone Ring. Diamond Band or Ring. Diamond Eternity.
Special Occasions- Statement, Cocktail or “Power” Rings in Diamonds or Precious Stone (Emerald, Ruby or Sapphire).

Personally:
I personally really ever wear only three pieces of jewelry. A dress watch. Jade Bracelets in sets of three. And for a night out or formal- statement rings. I used to wear necklaces however I am badly allergic to gold or to it’s component even 18k gold chains causes my skin to flare up in contact dermatitis. Tmi sorry haha :)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot of jewelry, but what I think is actually an essential wardrobe to me is more limited.

Pair of pearl studs of some sort, or with a very short dangle.
Diamond studs of some sort (or moissanite)
A diamond bangle OR a classic yellow gold cuff bracelet
A good ring, whether it be gemstone or diamond. Something that is very adaptable.
A necklace that can go daily to dressy. I have three Marla Aaron locks and two chain options and this is something that is easy for daily and I think you could also wear it dressy if you wanted (although I don't need formal clothing for my life).

Now, I have more than that, but to me, I think that is a very workable collection.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Life without earrings is no good,
life without earrings & a ring is not worth talking about
- be what they may!

The rest is not fundamental so all is fair game.

Q

Queenie60

Earrings: Diamond studs with jackets to dress them up, and a pearl on a chain to add for dressy occasions

Necklace:
Diamond cross, solitaire bezeled pendant and a few strands of pearls

Ring: E-ring and a few right hand rings for dress

Bracelet: Diamond tennis bracelet and a few others for stacking

These are my staples however, I have much more!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamond studs, ering, band, rhr, solitaire necklace, tennis bracelet , earring jackets. Everything else is icing.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has really given me food for thought. Over the last 4 years or so I have been in full on learning mode and snapping up bargains left right and centre. It has led to a rather 'scattergun' approach on my part! :lol:
Moving forward I am becoming more educated (thanks to my lovely fellow PS'ers) and discerning.
My aim is to streamline my collection, sell some less expensive items and re-invest in a more expensive item. =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results