shape
carat
color
clarity

Building a collection for your daughter

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the way @RunningwithScissors purchases individual MRBs over a period of time for her tennis bracelet project.

How about having a tennis bracelet as the end goal, for diamonds around 0,3ct range to be purchased now and set into earrings (2 to start with, upgrade to 6 as in 3 each), a pendant (1 or 3), a band (5), and a bypass bangle (3) etc. over a period of time, for them to be reset at a later day into one single tennis bracelet?

She can then replace the earrings etc. with bigger stones herself by then!

DK :))

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Great idea, @tyty333 a Hermes bracelet, the Kelly Double Tour is perfect & comes in different leathers & hardware, and it’s easy to wear - depending on what style & what you stack with it, a Kelly (there’s a solid gold too) bracelet can be casual or glam!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you decide to get a bracelet for her I would discourage leather and other porous materials. With constant hand washing and sanitizer use the leather will get damaged. If she likes the look of leather perhaps a cool pendant from a leather cord could work.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I like the way @RunningwithScissors purchases individual MRBs over a period of time for her tennis bracelet project.

How about having a tennis bracelet as the end goal, for diamonds around 0,3ct range to be purchased now and set into earrings (2 to start with, upgrade to 6 as in 3 each), a pendant (1 or 3), a band (5), and a bypass bangle (3) etc. over a period of time, for them to be reset at a later day into one single tennis bracelet?

She can then replace the earrings etc. with bigger stones herself by then!

DK :))

Heck, I would like to do that for ME!

Interesting to think about that as a very long term project for my daughter…..

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
So I sat down with her and we looked at a bunch of different sites and she had some interesting things jump out at her that I would not have predicted. She loves the Stephanie Gottlieb aesthetic, which did not surprise me because it is colorful and young. But one of the things she likes about it was the more delicate pieces. That did surprise me. She also liked charm bracelets at another site, which about knocked me over.

She definitely loves ear cuffs, which are easy enough.

So I’m thinking at this point about a bracelet as a charm bracelet base for more fun and young stuff, and thinking about gradually accumulating some more traditional (and thus more expensive) pieces. Like a bezeled pendant.

Fascinated by the suggestion to accumulate small stones and do something with them later. Will continue to think on that one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results