shape
carat
color
clarity

budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
i want to get some assurance that I am not alone. i started searching for a ring about 4 months ago and found pricescope and dt in the last few months. I bought my diamond already. I have almost spent my "expected budget" just on the diamond and the settings i like are almost 3000. I think its from educating myself that I spent more, i wanted a nice diamond. My question is do most people who visit pricescope find that they spend more than they planned because they learn more about what makes a quality diamond, or in general what percentage above budget did everyone end up at out of curiosity.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
I set separate budgets for the diamond and the setting. I set a diamond budget to be from $5000 to $8000. The more I looked at diamonds & the more info I got, the minimum started going up. First it was $6000 then $6500. In the end, the diamond we choose was $7400.

The settings are a different story. I think we might wind up breaking the bank on the settings, since we have to buy 3 rings... my e-ring, wedding band and his wedding band. Then at a later date I want to have my old e-ring diamond set in a new setting for my right hand.

Heather

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
i started with a budget of 6500-7000 for the ring and the setting. i thought i would by a stone for about 5000 but I ended up spending 5700 for a 1.07 hearts and arrows. The more I looked the more I became convinced that I would second guess myself later on if I didnt get an ideal cut. Now the setting I may buy is 2800 from an online vender (was 3400 w/o taxes at a store) so total is 8500. I guess ill end up 20 to 25% over my budget but I wont second guess myself that I could have bought a better ring. Ill just be a little more broke!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I spent significatly less than my budget.
9.gif

Before coming to pricescope, I never would have thought about an SI stone.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started off with a budget of $8000 to $10000 maximum for a RB over 1 carat. I wound up spending $18000, not including appraisals, etc. I am thinking about spending even more now for a 2 carat.
Luckily for me, my husband is a wonderful and understanding man!
I guess I went way over budget!
cry.gif

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
i guess i really had no idea how much diamonds cost before I came to pricescope but i soon realized that a diamond over 1 carat is not cheap. I would have spent probably 8000 for a g s1 1.07 h and a ags ideal at a store instead of 5700.00. I could have settled for less and maybe my girlfriend wouldnt have noticed a differance, but i would! I actually had two stones shipped to me 1 h and a one not and there was a differance (and not just in price!) thanks for the feed back.

brideblush

Rough_Rock
We ironically spent exactly what we had budgeted on. We spent more on the center stone than we had originally planned, but spent considerably less on the side stones and setting.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I spent about the same as I initially planned on spending locally.

I was getting a diamond pendant and I wanted a nice .75 carat to pass on to my kids. My local jeweler had an uncerted diamond I almost bought. Luckily, I'd found PS, so I posted the info I had on the diamond. Pretty much everyone thought I should pass and I did. Glad for that too.

I wound up with the size I wanted in an A Cut Above from White Flash for about the same amount I would have spent locally. Same $$$$ but far greater quality!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results