shape
carat
color
clarity

Budget Pearls for wedding

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
My daughter has expressed some interest in pearls for her wedding - necklace and drop earrings. I’m completely new to pearls. Budget is under $150 so I’ve been looking on eBay and marketplace.

Found this from online from pearl source - IMG_0384.png IMG_0385.png 24” freshwater pearls. Clasp is sterling. It will IMG_0384.png be longer than needed but I thought maybe a shortener or use the extras for earrings? IMG_0386.png

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pearls in the photo are a bit egg shaped and will not work so well for earrings. You could restring them yourself to shorten them; it is not hard to do so. All you'd need are some flexible wire needles and a bit of synthetic thread (easier to make knots without tools, and won't stretch.) But you would have to factor the cost of those items into the budget, and you may not wish to spend the time.

Probably it's better to find a necklace that is already the right length.

What is the ideal length?
And does she want pearl earrings? If so, what kind? Studs, dangles?

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I think 18” would be the right length with simple dangle or drop earrings. Silver fittings.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought but for under $150 I'd definitely consider realistic fakies. That's what I wore. They look fabulous!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter has expressed some interest in pearls for her wedding - necklace and drop earrings. I’m completely new to pearls. Budget is under $150 so I’ve been looking on eBay and marketplace.

Found this from online from pearl source - IMG_0384.png IMG_0385.png 24” freshwater pearls. Clasp is sterling. It will IMG_0384.png be longer than needed but I thought maybe a shortener or use the extras for earrings? IMG_0386.png

first off
how excitting
congradulations
your daughter is getting married
and how wonderful she wants to wear pearls

one part of her wedding ensemble that she will be able to wear again and on a regular basis hopefully if she so chooses
maybe the mother of the bride would like some pearls too !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i second (or is it third) Wen pearls, they are dispatched the next day and arrive very quickly and often shipping is free
ive never brought a fully made up strand but she does have lots to choose from
as this is a wedding only look at her top grades (she is very reasonably priced but you do get what you pay for) but im sure you will get something lovely for a bride for that price

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results