color
clarity

BTDT -- Dedicated to the Pause Twins -- Peri & Meno & Post

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: BTDT -- Dedicated to the Pause Twins -- Peri & Meno & Po

Aoife|1290113662|2771769 said:
Have you tried the nightgowns/shirts that are designed to keep you dry? They wick the sweat away from you so you don't stew in your own juices all night. If only they came with their own little personal A/C units, too..... :naughty:

I only wear cotton sleeveless above the knee nighties. Sometimes I wake up naked because I take it off when I'm sleeping. LOL. I don't really know how much more I can do. I have the window cracked open and a fan blowing year round too. The night sweats don't happen often, but maybe once every 10 days or so?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

lyra|1290114141|2771783 said:
Have you tried the nightgowns/shirts that are designed to keep you dry? They wick the sweat away from you so you don't stew in your own juices all night. If only they came with their own little personal A/C units, too..... :naughty:

I only wear cotton sleeveless above the knee nighties. Sometimes I wake up naked because I take it off when I'm sleeping. LOL. I don't really know how much more I can do. I have the window cracked open and a fan blowing year round too. The night sweats don't happen often, but maybe once every 10 days or so?

I'm a cotton girl myself, so I know what you mean. The down side of cotton of course is that it doesn't dry out fast once it's soaked, but I always just figured that was the price I paid to be comfy. My sister liked the wicking nighties, though.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Aoife|1290108463|2771633 said:
rainwood|1290067534|2771093 said:
They are not hot flashes, they are power surges. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My personal favorite is the one that goes: Don't think of it as a hot flash, think of it as your own personal summer vacation"

I'm mostly over those, thank goodness!

LOL! I love this one too!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

lyra|1290114141|2771783 said:

When I get overheated I don't sweat. Have I got that part to look forward to later assuming I am entering the big M?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know Maisie. I'm still having clockwork regularly timed periods. This overheating thing has been going on for over a decade now though. I think my meds for diabetes actually stop me from having irregular/no periods. Sigh. I'm kind of tired of it all, but I don't want the possiblity of having worse mood swings than I already have if I were to suddenly go into menopause such as if I were to have a hysterectomy.

Where does one get these wicking nightgowns? I'm curious about them.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

lyra|1290293466|2774195 said:
I don't know Maisie. I'm still having clockwork regularly timed periods. This overheating thing has been going on for over a decade now though. I think my meds for diabetes actually stop me from having irregular/no periods. Sigh. I'm kind of tired of it all, but I don't want the possiblity of having worse mood swings than I already have if I were to suddenly go into menopause such as if I were to have a hysterectomy.

Where does one get these wicking nightgowns? I'm curious about them.

Vermont Country Store carries them, and so do a few other retailers that focus on, ahem, women of a certain age. You can Google it. Getting enough sleep at night can make a huge difference to mood swings and all the other symptoms, so it might be worth it if it helped you sleep through the night.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock

Man, I am so tired of all this rigamarole! My period started on the 7th of Novmemer, it was awful and crampy, now I am spotting again!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

I just had a 12 dayer!! I was ready to reach in and yank my uterus out myself!! Thank God I'm finally using the cup or I'd be in debt just buying pads and tampons.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock

I am looking forward to missing my peiord instead of having two a month. Has anybody had this happen and if so what happened next?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a partial hysterectomy at 43, uterus out but kept the rest. Was wonderful, no more periods but no menopause. FF to 3 weeks ago and I was in great pain only to find out my ovaries and tubes had collapsed and twisted so I had emergency surgery to remove them. I am now 51 and I was not menopausal. I am now in full surgical menopause. First week was not so bad. Second week a few hot flashes. This week, I barely sleep, HOT/COLD/HOT/COLD .....when is it gonna stop? Nothing really during the day, just at night. I am thankful it is at least winter, summer would be unbearable. No chance of hormone therapy because my mother died of estrogen fed breast cancer at 33. I think for now I will grin and bear it and be glad I am still alive to enjoy the experience.....

soocool

Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby|1291002547|2781480 said:
I had a partial hysterectomy at 43, uterus out but kept the rest. Was wonderful, no more periods but no menopause. FF to 3 weeks ago and I was in great pain only to find out my ovaries and tubes had collapsed and twisted so I had emergency surgery to remove them. I am now 51 and I was not menopausal. I am now in full surgical menopause. First week was not so bad. Second week a few hot flashes. This week, I barely sleep, HOT/COLD/HOT/COLD .....when is it gonna stop? Nothing really during the day, just at night. I am thankful it is at least winter, summer would be unbearable. No chance of hormone therapy because my mother died of estrogen fed breast cancer at 33. I think for now I will grin and bear it and be glad I am still alive to enjoy the experience.....

So sorry to hear about your emergency surgery. Luckily, I have never suffered from hot flashes (don't know why), but my sister has. For her bed she got a cool-max matress pad and she loved it so much that she researched and found cool max pajamas as well http://www.hotcoolwear.com/.. She swears it helped her immensely. She is 56 and doesn't suffer from hot flashes anymore or at least not often. She also has ice cold water always available (Brita pitcher in the fridge).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results