shape
carat
color
clarity

brushed platinum question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scud77

Rough_Rock

I am a male with a brushed platinum wedding band (I was married on 4/29). Does anyone have any insights into whether or not all the scratches that are already on my ring from normal wear (maybe I shouldn''t have kept it on in the ocean or something??) can be fixed so the "scratches" have the brushed look again?

If there is nothing I can do it isn''t a big deal... I suppose they are only really noticable close up. I think I read somewhere that some people have decided to have their rings polished to the point that the brushed look goes away. This wouldn''t be my first choice.

Just hoping to get a little smarter on this topic, if possible, before I give the jeweler call.

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the brushed finish just needs to be reapplied. if yours isn''t the pretty much standard brush finish, you might have to go back to your original jeweler to get it exactly the same.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries - a jeweler can just reapply it.
1.gif

scud77

Rough_Rock
that is great news. Thank you both!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my polished platinum set transformed into matte (or satin) finish platinum. The woman at the jeweler''s said that shiny polished plat and brushed/satin/sandblasted are all finishes that need maintenance. There is no finish that won''t need "fixin''" now and then, but most jewelers can do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results