shape
carat
color
clarity

Brrr...All This Talk of Cold...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
led my ears to feel quite neglected!! Steel''s jackets were amazing inspiration...I had been thinking of doing something ear related for a while and was practically ready to pull the trigger on a pair of 1.5ctw upgrade earrings but then I thought HMMM this might be a far more cost effective way to get extra earring bling and save the rest of my pennies for ummm...another project.
5.gif

So WF ordered in the set of smaller jackets for my set of .38''s and they are fabulous. They are quite hard to get pictures of, so I *cough* have had them for ummm maybe 2 weeks now while I tried to get some good shots. i love them and have been wearing them quite a lot. I have smallish ears and honestly these are so blingy, sometimes I feel weird wearing them as I don''t wear that much jewelry. such bang for such small buck. and quite frankly, i don''t think i''d want bigger studs in these jackets, it would be too much for my ear. so now i can stick with these as a set, and if i ever want bigger solitaires i''ll start from scratch.

the naked jackets. they are .20ctw.

wf jackets 1207b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
man are these things hard to take pictures. and seriously, close up skin pictures are nasty. who knew i had so much fuzz on my face??

ear 01b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got all sort of weird angled shots as well trying to get a picture of them on my ear for scale.

ear 02.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
like this one which i kind of liked because it shows my small regent pendant as well!

funny picture 07.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this is what i consider my pathetic attempt at a closeup. seriously my picture skillz are rusty. i took a few others but i have taken so many pictures in the last week with the xmas parties we have gone to, i can''t find them. so i may have to start over on the closeups.

ear on ball b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one is slightly better...

ear 03.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sparkly arrows.

ear 04.jpg

justageek

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Hope you wear them in good health and much happiness :)
36.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Mara!!! They look amazing in your ears! Congrats!! Makes me really want some smaller studs and jackets. Us size whores can get alot of bang for the buck with those that''s for sure.

Now.......since you don''t need to upgrade your studs......what else are you up to!?!?!?!?!
27.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are really lovely Mara, and the perfect size for you ears. Wear them in good health!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous Mara!! As to the line below, any chance of any beans being spilled anytime soon????
emangel.gif

" save the rest of my pennies for ummm...another project. "

dani13

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!! They look great!! Enjoy them!!!
36.gif
36.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
mara these look great!!! since i saw Steel''s thread i have been contemplating them too, and they look really great!!!

hmmm....i better get on the WF site and see if i can get myhand on a pair :)...ur an enabler even when ur not trying!! ha ha

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are fabulous, Mara!! Very blingy indeed!!
36.gif

I''m in the process of getting WF to make jackets for my earrings too. They''re 1ct each and I can''t decide whether to go with 1pointers, 2 pointers or 3 pointers (by my estimation, yours are less than 1 pointer each, right? and they look HUGE)! Any suggestion? (sorry about the threadjack!). Btw, I have larger earlobes and am looking to add a little extra bling to my not-so-well-cut earrings.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them Mara! So pretty! So what is this other project you speak of
31.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect with your studs and look great on you!
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Those jackets sure will keep your ears warm all winter long!!

Just beautiful!
36.gif

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 23px">....and save the rest of my pennies for ummm...another project.
5.gif

Isn`t it fun to have projects!!! I have some of those too!
9.gif

Cachette

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are fabulous!!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!!!

lol SDL, yes that's me...though i don't typically look so goofy...i was just trying to get my ear and face without having to take like a full on glamour shot. my head looks quite large there!!

msb...haha i know enabling is rampant around there. though frankly, these jackets are so inexpensive compared to what we seem to all spend from year to year that it was quite easy to be enabled by steel's purchase once i confirmed with lesley that there were smaller jackets than the .50 ones they have on their site. these are made for .30's but my earrings are .38's and they work wonderfully. honestly i think because my earrings are martini that they fit kind of loosely into the jacket, i think that someone with a 4 prong basket might get more of a straight centered look all the time. sometimes i do see the 'airline' between the setting and the jacket.

these are comfortable for the most part but i have to wear them tightly set with my stud so i am always checking to make sure that they are still on tight or else the look is really odd. also i am more paranoid about losing my earrings this way...because the jacket takes up some room on the post when you put it on so i don't feel as 'secure'. but it could just be my paranoia overall. when i take them off, the jackets leave a little ring of depressed skin on my ear. but they don't hurt or anything and i don't feel them at all.

phoenix...i hear ya on wanting more bling for the ears, wow...do you have any idea how big the 1c's will look like with the jackets/halo? massive!! steel's comparison shot she posted in her thread with her .33's and a jacket looks just as big as her 1c stone. so i would imagine that your 1c's with halo might be more bigger than 1.5cs even? that's some serious bling!! and yes i think that mine are 1 pointers as there are about 10 in each earring and they are .20ctw. and really so finely made you can't see any metal at all to me...the bling is blinding.

KT...these would be fab for you woman...i think that you could possibly even do .30's with these jackets and get into a massive looking pair of earrings with the jackets for less than a pair of 1ctw regular studs with a little savvy shopping.

miss lorelei...i can't give away all my secrets now can i?? suffice it to say that when i got these jackets, greg said oh those can be my xmas present to you. i said oh no honey, i have bigger and better plans for you!
31.gif
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara - I was checking out the WF site a while ago in case another wee change was in order, just to see what they had... as I know what you like - hehe...
11.gif

But I am still in the dark, so I guess I will have to wait and see what you have up your sleeve...
27.gif

sigh23.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great woman!!! They really do make a commanding presence like a large set of studs would. I actually like the look of an airline so I wouldn''t mind that gap at all - I think that makes them look even more interesting!! They look blingtastic. Seriously!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look great! And it''s funny you say that you wear your backs tighter with the jackets on because I got a pair of jackets and I find that when I take them off there is a little round indentation in my ear indicating just how tighly I had those suckers on, ha ha!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Very cute little jackets!

I am thinking of getting some in the future (like in a year from now). . . one concern I have is that my current studs (.41 each) will feel "too small" when I wear them alone after I''ve gotten use to the bigger blingy look with the jackets on. Have you noticed that at all? (If I could get a bigger set of studs, then it wouldn''t be a concern of mine, but if I do get a bigger pair, it won''t be for five or so years, so it''d be a shame to have my current ones shrink up on me.)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look perfect w/your studs!!! Congrats!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo! Those things have some serious PRESENCE on your ears! Elfin magic! Hehehehehe....

I am glad you got those...they look classy and huge. I don''t think there much room to go bigger. Wait...who am I kidding...there''s always room to go BIGGER!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!! LOL TG re elfin magic...too bad I can''t wiggle my ears a little and produce more blingy magic hehe.
DJ, lol yeah isn''t that indentation in your ear hilarious?? I am like WOAH these were on tight.

MC...actually what I love about the jackets with these studs is that I don''t wear a lot of jewelry so these really seriously bling out my ears to the point of where I am like WOAH that is kind of a lot. So yes I still do wear my studs alone, in fact I am wearing them alone today. Since my ears and lobes are pretty small, my .38''s look more like .50''s if not larger in general. So I never feel like my studs alone are too small because of how small my ears are (thankfully SOMETHING on my body is small, if I can''t have size 3 fingers, at least my ears are making a contribution lol). I did want to get 1.5ctw studs...in fact I had two fabulous stones all ready for them as well..but it was just such an expensive thing to do..and it would have been my ''final'' pair as I don''t think I could get larger than that on my ears and have them not look silly. But then I saw this and thought WOAH hold the presses. So now I can wear the jackets for some seriously sparkly bling...or just my studs alone for a more simple look when I just want a bit of sparkle peeking out a bit.

I also figure sometime in the future if I want to, I can get my 1.5ctw solitaire studs but I''m not even sure I would need to at this point really. Having the jackets fits the ''big blingy'' bill in such an amazing way and for about 1/10th of the cost of a new pair of 1.5ctw studs. And because I do have other things I want to get...I feel like I need to be ''smart'' about my spending.

Oh and perk for those who are thinking about being enabled, the .20ctw ones for smaller studs are significantly less $$$ than the slightly larger ones WF has on their site. You just have to ask them to order in the smaller ones as they don''t have them listed as an option on the site.
2.gif
Personally I think that something like these is a GREAT giftie for a reasonable price...much easier than forking over $$ for an upgrade or something hehe. I wish that there were more ways to play around with existing jewelry that was so affordable. My coworker said she needs a jacket for her e-ring. I thought now that''s an idea! Snap on halo anyone?????
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara they look awesome!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ooohhh, they''re so pretty!

Just when I had my mind set on huggies, here comes this new earring option. hmmmm

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 12:37:03 PM
Author: Mara
Thanks ladies!! LOL TG re elfin magic...too bad I can''t wiggle my ears a little and produce more blingy magic hehe.
DJ, lol yeah isn''t that indentation in your ear hilarious?? I am like WOAH these were on tight.

MC...actually what I love about the jackets with these studs is that I don''t wear a lot of jewelry so these really seriously bling out my ears to the point of where I am like WOAH that is kind of a lot. So yes I still do wear my studs alone, in fact I am wearing them alone today. Since my ears and lobes are pretty small, my .38''s look more like .50''s if not larger in general. So I never feel like my studs alone are too small because of how small my ears are (thankfully SOMETHING on my body is small, if I can''t have size 3 fingers, at least my ears are making a contribution lol). I did want to get 1.5ctw studs...in fact I had two fabulous stones all ready for them as well..but it was just such an expensive thing to do..and it would have been my ''final'' pair as I don''t think I could get larger than that on my ears and have them not look silly. But then I saw this and thought WOAH hold the presses. So now I can wear the jackets for some seriously sparkly bling...or just my studs alone for a more simple look when I just want a bit of sparkle peeking out a bit.

I also figure sometime in the future if I want to, I can get my 1.5ctw solitaire studs but I''m not even sure I would need to at this point really. Having the jackets fits the ''big blingy'' bill in such an amazing way and for about 1/10th of the cost of a new pair of 1.5ctw studs. And because I do have other things I want to get...I feel like I need to be ''smart'' about my spending.

Oh and perk for those who are thinking about being enabled, the .20ctw ones for smaller studs are significantly less $$$ than the slightly larger ones WF has on their site. You just have to ask them to order in the smaller ones as they don''t have them listed as an option on the site.
2.gif
Personally I think that something like these is a GREAT giftie for a reasonable price...much easier than forking over $$ for an upgrade or something hehe. I wish that there were more ways to play around with existing jewelry that was so affordable. My coworker said she needs a jacket for her e-ring. I thought now that''s an idea! Snap on halo anyone?????
9.gif
Oh my - they are beautiful! I didn''t realize they had these (without being custom!)

Do you think they''d work with my bezel set studs?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, those are gorgeous! I love them!!!! Thank you for posting them!
25.gif

I tell ya, you''re such an enabler . . . I''ve been toying wigth the idea of pricing out a pair of jackets for a while, but seeing your thread this morning put me right over the edge. I just emailed Katie a few minutes ago. I''m so bad.
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results