shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown Diamond-Or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Here''s my new diamond! It was described as a light brown diamond with a hint of green!

JellyCropped2.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
In my diamond holder:

JellyCroppedBD.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Colored diamonds may not be everyone''s cup of tea, but I''m in love!!!

JellyCroppedBD3.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Next to my engagement ring K, SI1

JellyCroppedBD1A.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sitting on my e-ring/wedding band melee. Showing off even a different color!

JellyCroppedBD7.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Next to some diamond earrings. I'm trying to decide how to set it in a right hand ring. anyone have any suggestions?

This pic shows off the green!

JellyCroppedBD16.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Showing more green:

JellyCroppedBD222.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow!How cool!
hmmm how to set it? a RHR? What about a halo? Or colored side stones--pears?
I must say that your K is so beautiful!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It would really pop against some kind of white-diamond halo. There are alot of neat options with that stone......

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks coatimundi! I''m still not sure how to set it. I''m thinking maybe a three stone, although a halo would be nice too. I spent my "dikamond fund" on the diamond, and now I have to save up for the setting. I have lots of thinking time.
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Yes Kelly...I agree. It looks great next to the colorless diamonds. Maybe a halo or split shank setting!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i love it! i love your k too... mix it with some real white diamonds to set it off!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! That is FUN!!!! How big is it? It will make an interesting project for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
How unusual and totally cool!
36.gif

I vote for a halo of colorless diamonds to really show off the color of that baby! That would look great!

Nice K too, I love all colors of diamonds!

DD
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That stone is so neat..I love it!

I would do a split shank (pave) with no halo. I think that greenish color would really stand out next to your skin and the diamonds on the shank, instead of just next to diamonds.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really have a suggestion for how to set it, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color!!! To die for!

guylian

Rough_Rock
such a pretty diamond! definitely unique!
face1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool, love it! I think that a halo or split shank (or both) would look divine!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the compliments. The size is .74, I1.

The inclusions are noticeable with my loupe, but I don''t mind the imperfections at all. I definitely want to capture the brown and green color when I set it. I was thinking of doing a solitaire, but I don''t want anyone to mistake it for being just a yucky colored diamond. I think colorless sidestones would show off the color.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, Cool!! It''s a "color change" diamond! I can''t wait to see how you get it set.
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome! i *love* the warmer colored diamonds. there is just something about the scintillation in the warmer color saturation that makes them look sooo....yum!
congrats jelly! well done.
can''t wait to see what you do with it!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it!! Lately, my head is turning towards the coloured stones...this is STUNNING!

I cannot wait to see what you do with this! Super duper whitey's would really make this POP!

:::Drool:::

ETA: You know...in theory, the complimentary colour to green is red - so what about a rose gold setting?! Or a rose gold halo around the brown/green stone...with a white gold shank?!

Just throwing the complimentary colour factor out there
17.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone. You should DEFINETLY set it w/some more colorless stones as the contrast is exceptional!

Enjoy.

ETA - where did you purchase the stone from?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 11:40:10 AM
Author: MC
Pretty stone. You should DEFINETLY set it w/some more colorless stones as the contrast is exceptional!

Enjoy.

I was JUST about to ask the same question....

??

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that a halo would be stunning!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 11:38:35 AM
Author: mela lu
You know...in theory, the complimentary colour to green is red - so what about a rose gold setting?! Or a rose gold halo around the brown/green stone...with a white gold shank?!
What a great idea! I would love to see how it looks against rose gold. Maybe with colourless diamonds on a shank, but rose gold prongs?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 11:44:55 AM
Author: mela lu

Date: 2/6/2008 11:40:10 AM
Author: MC

Enjoy.

I was JUST about to ask the same question....

??
I''m guessing that this is it. Link Diamonds by Lauren recently purchased several pretty brown diamonds. Glad a PSer picked one up!

Looking forward to seeing it set.
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl, you beat me to it! Yep, it is in fact a Diamond By Lauren stone. Ever since I bought my K, Expert Selection stone from WF, I''ve been in love with warmer colored stones. Don''t get me wrong, I love my F in my pendant, and I would never return or throw a D-J stone away by any means! But colored diamonds have such personality! I love them and I love the price.
26.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mela lu-yes! I had others suggest rose gold to me. I think that would be divine!

missmg9

Rough_Rock
I agree with the suggestion of doing a halo around it - that or colorless side stones.

The fun part about diamonds is that you really can''t go wrong - and how lucky that you get to chose your setting! It will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results