shape
carat
color
clarity

Brown Diamond Center Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crazywonderful

Rough_Rock
I recently picked out my engagement ring (haven''t received it yet)and I''m excited but nervous. Just hoping to get some people''s opinions on my choice. I wanted a colored diamond, so the jeweler ordered some canary and a brown diamond for me. I had told her I wanted a yellow diamond but she mentioned that those tend to be even more expensive than a colorless diamond. (I''m working with a $4000 budget.) I told her I had seen a few champagne diamonds that I liked and I would be interested in those too. As soon as I saw the brown diamond I fell in love. I thought that only happened to women with their wedding dresses. Its 3/4 carats and I had it set in a split shank yellow gold European band with sidestones going down half the band. I think its an elegant looking ring, but I''m afraid that its a bit too contemporary as an engagement ring. As soon as I have pictures I''ll post them, but if I could get some opinions on a colored diamond other than yellow as an engagement diamond? I''m just a little nervous about my choice.
40.gif

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock

It doesnt matter what the world thinks.. all that matters is that you picked out a stone that you love... and the sentiment will surely be conveyed to your bride to be as soon as she sees it.

I have a blue diamond engagement ring... it is totally different from any other rings I''ve seen... and I proudly claim it as all mine.

I am sure you''ve made the right choice, and I look forward to seeing pictures.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like that center stone really made your heart sing when you saw it. Lucky you! That''s the only thing that matters.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I love colored diamonds, and brown is my favorite color!
1.gif
I think it sounds beautiful, I''d love to see it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like once you saw the brown diamond, it was the one. It made your heart sing. I can''t wait to see it. Congrats!!!!
36.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see pictures! The only person that has an opinion worth considering in this case is you, and you said you loved it! Enjoy your new ring! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it! I have a colored center stone (blue spinel) for my ering, and I''ve wondered the same thing, but then I think, "Who cares?! I love it and thats all that matters!"

If it made you go
30.gif
, then that is the most important thing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love it, what others think is not important. I would love to see pictures of this beauty!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:58:31 PM
Author: kboggs315

It doesnt matter what the world thinks.. all that matters is that you picked out a stone that you love... and the sentiment will surely be conveyed to your bride to be as soon as she sees it.

I have a blue diamond engagement ring... it is totally different from any other rings I've seen... and I proudly claim it as all mine.

I am sure you've made the right choice, and I look forward to seeing pictures.

I love your mounting - I've seen it at Stuller, but couldn't find it last time I looked. Do you mind telling me where you got it?

And on topic, I think a brown diamond would be great. I'm much more attracted to diamonds with at least a touch of color than I am to colorless.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It sounds great to me! You can have anything you want in an engagement ring!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you love it and that''s all that matters. It sounds gorgeous, I can''t wait to see your pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to refer to the brown stones as chocolate and who doesnt like chocolate! I cant wait to see the ring.
It doesnt sound contemporary to me but I need to see some pics!! I love it that people are starting to
step out and use something other than a white diamond as their ering! Congrats! Cant wait for pics!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an owner of one or two brown diamonds I can totally understand the attraction. Every time I wear mine, they get compliments.

If you love your diamond then that''s THE most important thing. It doesn''t matter what anybody else thinks so long as it makes you smile and your heart sing.

I can''t wait to see photos. Please post some up.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It sings to you - it will sing to her. Don't worry about it. There will be plenty of opportunities for a colourless diamond gift in your life together.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/23/2009 12:15:16 PM
Author: tyty333
I like to refer to the brown stones as chocolate and who doesnt like chocolate! I cant wait to see the ring.
It doesnt sound contemporary to me but I need to see some pics!! I love it that people are starting to
step out and use something other than a white diamond as their ering! Congrats! Cant wait for pics!
I think a lot of people call them "Chocolate" tyty!

Actually, we''ve found that people have been using Brown diamonds- as well as other fancy colors for engagement rings for many years now!

AS OMC said- ther''ll be time to buy colorless....

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Tradergirl, that''s the EXACT champagne diamond ring I was thinking about. Its looks could KILL! If not for the price I would have snapped it for an E-ring. :)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Congrats CW! I agree - who cares what anyone else thinks as long as you''re sure it''s what you love (and it sounds like you knew right away so no problem there) I DO have to say though.... I looked for a champagne stone myself (with NO luck - I could NOT find one anywhere that was within budget so lucky you to have found yours!) and when I told people what I wanted I got some flak about it ("a BROWN diamond? Seriously? Diamonds are supposed to be WHITE. WHY would you want a BROWN one????" They pretty much said everything but "Yuck" to my face. LOL) My friends love me and are very good people but are all very opinionated (as am I!) so they had no problem telling me what they thought.......

I ended up with a lovely stone that I LOVE and they can all pound salt as the saying goes (hey, I don''t particularly care for any of THEIR e-rings either and they''re all white diamonds...... so whatever, right? LOL)

PLEASE - do you have photos of your stone????? I LOVE champage diamonds!

- Jodie -

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Cw, you knew that you wanted a colored stone, and you knew this brown beauty was THE ONE when you first laid eyes on it... don''t doubt yourself! The ring sounds absolutely stunning and I can''t wait to see photos. For what it is worth, my brown diamond ring gets more compliments than any other piece of jewelry that I own, and, it is one of my two very favorite pieces of jewelry. I''m sure yours will do the same for you. I''m delighted that you''ve found something that makes your heart beat faster and is uniquely yours. May it bring you years of pleasure.

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
DEMON....
My setting is not a Stuller.. its a Gelin Abaci. Its a tension setting... and I love it!

CRAZYWONDERFUL....
You are killing us... we need pictures!!! Pretty please!!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:40:06 AM
Author: kboggs315
DEMON....
My setting is not a Stuller.. its a Gelin Abaci. Its a tension setting... and I love it!

CRAZYWONDERFUL....
You are killing us... we need pictures!!! Pretty please!!
Thanks Kristen. The picture is a little hard for me to make out, but I love tension settings! The ring I had in mind is narrower, I think, and probably would be called a partial bezel. Ah well, the search continues. : )

And yes, we need pictures!!!

crazywonderful

Rough_Rock
To all of you requesting pics, I want pics of it too! My fiance/boyfriend hasn''t actually proposed. He said he wants to surprise me. Thought I would get it March 22 as it was our 2 year anniversary but no luck. He planned a trip to the Pococnos Mountains in PA in a few weeks so maybe he going to propose then. In the meantime, the suspense is KILLING ME!!! But I promise, as soon as I have pics they will be posted.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE brown diamonds - one of the very few diamonds that has ever truly excited me was a 1.3ct rb in De Beers in London. I went to visit it several times and when I went in and it had sold the salesman knew exactly which stone and was as enthusiatic as I was about it.

I have a coloured e-ring, but DH has promised me a little something (or rather a budget as he''s too scared to buy me jewellery
31.gif
) for our daughter''s arrival in May and I''ve already told him that a chocolate diamond RHR is what I''m going to hunt for.

I think it would make an amazing e-ring - and who cares what anyone else thinks... can''t wait to see the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results