shape
carat
color
clarity

Brooches Are Back?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked around Pricescope and was not sure where to put this. There have been many threads in the past about people no longer wearing brooches, but I saw that brooches are alive and well on Pricescope. I thought that a reference to a new article about a fashion trend might not be welcome in the middle of "Show Me The Bling". (Yes, I saw the great thread, "A Tribute to Brooches and Pins" with all the photos there.) I also saw other individual threads about brooches like Catmom's. So I thought I would just place the link here and state that "The New York Times" says that brooches are back!

There are some nice photos of brooches on men shown.

Last edited:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in my lower sixties and do not own a precious brooch. But as my fingers get arthritic, and the skin on my chest, arms and hands age with spots and wrinkles wearing precious jewelry in these areas calls attention to this normal but not desirable aging process. As our population ages, maybe there will be an increased demand. I would love a beautiful pearl and diamond brooch.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was working (professional ie business suit wear) I always wore a brooch at the top button of my shirt or on my jacket lapel.
now retired I’ve not worn a brooch in ages (except on a winter overcoat) and I’ve actually converted a few to bracelets / necklaces.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, I've never considered setting my FCDs, but a brooch might be just what Kenny's doctor ordered.

Thank Glob The New York Times now blesses this. :roll:
What in the world would I do without snobby external authorization?
But then perhaps NYT has an ad or two from brooch makers, or has some back-room deal that greased a palm or two.

Glob forbid any of us look into ourselves to make decisions ... :knockout: :blackeye: because what if high faultin society didn't approve! :cry2:
Oh, perish perish perish the thought! :eek2:

Oh I soooo wish I was the slut to more "fashion trends".
Everyone would like me more.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
To think im about to put a bail on a brooch of grandpa's so i can wear it around my neck :doh:
I won't get the pin removed now

I did see this today and thought it was so beautiful
20210325_153347.jpg its Easter not Christmas :lol:
Some must be earings but i just thought this was so pretty

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple that belonged to my mom and my aunt.
I love them, but they just don't fit into my lifestyle.
I work with special needs children. Not the place for a pearl or heavy gold/emerald pin. There have been years I couldn't even wear an earring that dangled.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I had some costume ones from my grandma when I was little- I wish I knew where they ended up, my parents have moved several times since I was grown and out of the house. I don’t know that I would wear one now but I love the idea of them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn't, "The Brooch is Back." an Elton John song? :confused:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had some costume ones from my grandma when I was little- I wish I knew where they ended up, my parents have moved several times since I was grown and out of the house. I don’t know that I would wear one now but I love the idea of them.

I had my great Aunty's coustume jewlery to play with too
As sad as it is that its lost, as children i hope you had as much fun playing with your grandma's brooches as i did with my aunt's

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I "wear" brooches on my purse. Usually where one of the handles meets the rest of the purse.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cute ! Can we see it on your poncho?=)2

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG ! I bought a brooch !
Its just coustume and im not even into pink but now its here im so glad i bought it.
Although i kind of wish it had a bail on it
It was only NZ$15 and freight free
16207830037141580729209.jpg

That is very pretty!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I have a couple that belonged to my mom and my aunt.
I love them, but they just don't fit into my lifestyle.
I work with special needs children. Not the place for a pearl or heavy gold/emerald pin. There have been years I couldn't even wear an earring that dangled.

I relate 100%!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG ! I bought a brooch !
Its just coustume and im not even into pink but now its here im so glad i bought it.
Although i kind of wish it had a bail on it
It was only NZ$15 and freight free
16207830037141580729209.jpg

Pretty brooch! Etsy, amazon, craft shops, etc sell converters that slide over the pinstem allowing the brooch to be worn as a pendant.

E7391513-1B14-4279-B389-4FE258271A8D.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a selection of brooches and still wear one whenever possible, such as when I need to wear a jacket as part of a business formal attire, or for dressier occasions when I put on a black dress etc...

However, such occasions are far and between even before lockdown.

I thought about having a brooch made with a set of Ruby cabochons given to me by my mum, however I may opt for a brooch/pendant to get more wear out of it.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty brooch! Etsy, amazon, craft shops, etc sell converters that slide over the pinstem allowing the brooch to be worn as a pendant.

E7391513-1B14-4279-B389-4FE258271A8D.jpeg

That's a great idea
How do they actually work ?
Is the pinstem the pin part ?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This shows how they work. I tried one but it didn’t work for my brooch because the pinstem is curved so I had a jeweler add a bail.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This shows how they work. I tried one but it didn’t work for my brooch because the pinstem is curved so I had a jeweler add a bail.

What lovelly things they have on that site
im tempted to buy something to wear on your memorial day

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I’ve got a few I keep on display and wear on my winter coats from time to time. I did also attach some to my Christmas stockings this year as the sparkle looks lovely in candle and firelight. They are all vintage Sherman Jewellery (a Canadian company) that my mom gave me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve got a few I keep on display and wear on my winter coats from time to time. I did also attach some to my Christmas stockings this year as the sparkle looks lovely in candle and firelight. They are all vintage Sherman Jewellery (a Canadian company) that my mom gave me.

I love the idea of Christmas stocking decorations !

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF not broach related but I’d love to know your thoughts on your WF AGBF diamond hoops. You’ve had them for a long time now. Are they lightweight enough to tolerate wearing all day? Do you feel they’re too blingy for more causal daily wear? You can respond in your original thread if you prefer.

I’m considering a pair for myself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF not broach related but I’d love to know your thoughts on your WF AGBF diamond hoops. You’ve had them for a long time now. Are they lightweight enough to tolerate wearing all day? Do you feel they’re too blingy for more causal daily wear? You can respond in your original thread if you prefer.

I’m considering a pair for myself.

I'm afraid I cannot honestly answer as I do not wear any jewelry at all except a cheap watch and a pair of 24K gold studs the size of a pinhead to keep my pierced ears open. When I was wearing jewelry they were very comfortable and I loved them! If you buy a pair, please post photos with ear shots! I would be very happy for you.

Deb :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid I cannot honestly answer as I do not wear any jewelry at all except a cheap watch and a pair of 24K gold studs the size of a pinhead to keep my pierced ears open. When I was wearing jewelry they were very comfortable and I loved them! If you buy a pair, please post photos with ear shots! I would be very happy for you.

Deb :wavey:

Do you still own them or have you sold them?
I sent you an email a few days ago, did you get it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results