shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Scope and ISee2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ed.touche

Rough_Rock
A quick question (I hope).

Is brilliant scope and ISee2 good reports to buy off? I notice that SC and GOD are the only vendors who offer such. Is it fair to assume that if I brought an AGS Ideal cut in a D-E color with a Clarity of IF-VVS1 would this give a good reading on White Light, Colored Light and Scintillation?

I assume a Sarin report would be a bonus?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondbrokersofflorida also have both machines.

Keep in mind that the color and clarity don't affect the scores returned by the machines. The machines measure (in some myterious way) light as it reflects, refracts, and returns from the diamond.

While an AGS 0 cut stone will be very pretty, the 0 cut range is broader than one might think for "ideal". The eyes are the final judge.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
There is currently a long thread on this matter on the forum.

A summery seems to suggest that some vendors feel it’s a viable technology while others believe it’s a simplistic, inaccurate pixel counter only useful as a marketing aid

Both camps however agree that the results can be manipulated,

In our opinion the technology is no rocket science and relatively simple to replicate in a photo electronic workshop.

As a consumer your final decision should be aided by an independent unbiased suitably qualified appraiser.

Johan
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results