shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Rose vs Hearts of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hfc

Rough_Rock
A salesperson told me that a Brilliant Rose is a modified diamond and therefore cannot be compared to the Hearts of Fire(which he is selling). He also mentioned that the Brilliant Rose lacks "fire" and thus is not as pretty than the HOF. Can anyone comment on this?:))

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ideally you have to compare both with your own eyes and make your own decision :)

Some food for your thoughts can be found in the previous discussions:

. They all consistently cut for ideal proportions and symmetry. [/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

hfc

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I guess it's pretty much a personal thing. However, are modified diamonds (in this case, the Brilliant Rose) cheaper than the HOF? Or is there a standard pricing for all round stones? I also heard from the aforementioned salesperson that diamond prices will increase from March 2002 onwards. Is that true or is he just trying to convince me to plonk my money down now?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do your reading and your own looking and then make YOUR decision.
BR is a nice stone - but all individual diamonds are different so there is no one standard.
A nice HOF is nicer than a not so nice etc etc

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
HOF doesn't have a reputation for competitive pricing.

BR is a modified cut to increase weight retention, giving less light per carat, so the price had better reflect that unless you lie the appearance.

If you want to spend HOF money, take a look at an EightStar - the EightStar might well be less expensive. Worth looking at non-EightStar options like A Cut Above and SuperbCert and unbranded super-ideals as well.

hfc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info!

You're right about the HOF pricing. They are way higher than a comparative BR. Why should anyone want to pay for what is basically a 58-facet stone? For the branding?
:confused:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
58 facet round diamond is still considered the most beautiful if cut correctly.

Extra 96 or even 144 don't add much to the beauty unless the stone is really large so extra facets enhance the scintillation.

But again it's a matter of personal taste.

mclt79

Rough_Rock
hi
i would go 4 the BR.it is very symmetrical thus giving better fire.
any ideal/perfect cut diamond can give u 8 hearts,meaning HOF is very common.i have personally seen ROMANCE diamonds or even a LAZARE.but what do i see?HOF!!
i would still go 4 BR:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results