shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Earth Diamond Sourcing

MichaelDavid

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to share this video and make people aware that Brilliant Earth has been lying about their Canadian sourcing of diamonds. How can a company who has built itself around ethics be so unethical?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting perspective by Rob Bates from jckonline:

http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-article/brilliant-earth-and-that-video/

"Gerstein says that more detail about Brilliant Earth’s tracking systems will be coming shortly from her company as well as SCS Global Systems. Considering that origin tracking is the e-tailer’s main selling point—and given that the company’s mission is increasing transparency in the jewelry industry—it is a little surprising that it does not provide that information on its site already or give customers greater detail about its stones’ chain of custody. With questions now hanging in the air, it needs to offer that soon."

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The video of his that makes more sense to me is the one where he goes to the high end stores to work out what the "markup" is.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting perspective by Rob Bates from jckonline:

http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-article/brilliant-earth-and-that-video/

"Gerstein says that more detail about Brilliant Earth’s tracking systems will be coming shortly from her company as well as SCS Global Systems. Considering that origin tracking is the e-tailer’s main selling point—and given that the company’s mission is increasing transparency in the jewelry industry—it is a little surprising that it does not provide that information on its site already or give customers greater detail about its stones’ chain of custody. With questions now hanging in the air, it needs to offer that soon."

Since BE didn't address any details of claims about their "tracking systems" as far as I know but instead choose to use their economic strength to legally exhaust a small guy with pretty strong claims shows a lot about a Company who claims they care about fair.......... whatever.

As the saying goes..., attack is the best defense. Pity the American legal system supports such actions.

I'll be looking closely as this saga develops.

Thank you @HDer for the continuous links.
Let's keep this thread alive.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I try to avoid any mention of BE when others ask me about sourcing Canadian Diamonds. I normally steer them towards JA or BN.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish there was a :sick: button. BE's strategy appears to be to defend their ethical diamonds with unethical legal strategy. I hope some big law firm takes his case pro bono. Where's Robert Shapiro and F. Lee Bailey when you need them?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We need to remember there are 2 BE's on this forum.......Brilliantly Engaged and Brilliant Earth.
They are completely different.
I find it interesting how close the names are.
is it just a coincidence?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We need to remember there are 2 BE's on this forum.......Brilliantly Engaged and Brilliant Earth.
They are completely different.
I find it interesting how close the names are.
is it just a coincidence?

Forgot about Brilliantly Engaged. Am going to have to remember to refer to Brilliant Earth as BEarth instead of just BE.

Chris_BE

Rough_Rock
Trade
Greetings everyone and thank you for clarifying that there 2 separate BE abbreviations and we are in no way shape or form affiliated with Brilliant Earth. When deciding to rebrand from Engagement Rings Direct we consulted with the famed graphics guru Milton Glaser listed below:

https://www.miltonglaser.com

Upon his unique insight and thoughts we all felt that Brilliantly Engaged was a natural progression/continuation from Engagement Rings Direct and therefor the change.

Thank you,
~Chris

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share this video and make people aware that Brilliant Earth has been lying about their Canadian sourcing of diamonds. How can a company who has built itself around ethics be so unethical?

One word: Money. :(

...at least that's typically the answer when one isn't obvious.

newjourney

Rough_Rock
I was never sold on the idea of purchasing a diamond from a vendor that claims to employ a rigorous verification/tracking protocol, yet provides no tracking tools for verification and transparency except a generic "Independent Origin Verification" card. A vendor making these kinds of claim should do more to convincingly prove they're unique among all conflict-free diamond vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results