shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Earth - Conflict Free Diamond Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cdcamp

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all the help that everyone has been giving me with choosing a diamond!! Currently I am looking for a diamond that is surrounded with some brilliant Sapphires!! The store at which I found this ring is called brilliant earth ( http://www.brilliantearth.com/ ). Has anyone ever dealt with this company before? I think there store front is in San Francisco?
Link to the Diamond: http://www.brilliantearth.com/LooseDiamondDetail.aspx?id=1998239&type=diamond
Link to Ring (Style): http://www.brilliantearth.com/SapphireRingDetails.aspx?id=251

Thanks again for your help!!

CDCAMP
26.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it's about $2400 to $2000 too high for the same specs. See the Pricescope Your Diamond box at the top of the page? Input Princess, 1.01 to 1.05, G, VS2 and see how many stones come up with very good cut for much, much less.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a beautiful setting, but will it work with a princess cut??

gracioso

Rough_Rock
yes I think it is a little bit overpriced

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 5:00:56 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Looks like it''s about $2400 to $2000 too high for the same specs. See the Pricescope Your Diamond box at the top of the page? Input Princess, 1.01 to 1.05, G, VS2 and see how many stones come up with very good cut for much, much less.
Unless you''re looking for a particularly ethically sourced diamond, you may have accidentally run into an attractive diamond you''d be paying a premium for.

Alternately, if you are looking for a diamond sourced more ethically than a mainstream variety...maybe you can tell us more about the path for this one...as the store seems to offer it can do for you. For example, here, it says not all their options are from Canada anymore...that some are from Africa. Is this one? And, again to confirm, is that what you were looking for?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
On second review, I see very little info upon which to judge the diamond proper, including a recognizable certificate. At the site for this diamond, there is reference to the Canadian Diamond Laboratory:

---------

Diamonds graded by CDL (Canadian Diamond Laboratory) are evaluated by specialized equipment on premise.

---------

which tends to make you think, yeah, this is Canadian and not African in origin, and also, I don''t think there is a lot of info...easily found on this board, to give you confidence in that grading agency.

So...although you may find the diamond lovely, given the amount of $ you''d be spending...I think you''re going to want more verification than they''re going to be giving you, probably.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It may be helpful to know what brand you''re dealing with (if any). Canadian sellers typically follow a voluntary code of conduct. You could also research the mine; Diavik and Ekati are members of the CDCC.

Info: http://www.canadiandiamondcodeofconduct.ca/EN_code.htm

cdcamp

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses!! It looks like they are a very ethically based company and their first criteria for purchasing / selling a Diamond is knowing where it came from!! So the pricing i believe reflects that... Once again thanks for the information I will continue my research and hopefully show off my lady''s new ring soon!!

CDCAMP

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a cool place! I live in San Francisco and have never seen them. But I''l make sure to check them out sometime soon.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 2:34:20 PM
Author: cdcamp
Thanks everyone for your responses!! It looks like they are a very ethically based company and their first criteria for purchasing / selling a Diamond is knowing where it came from!! So the pricing i believe reflects that... Once again thanks for the information I will continue my research and hopefully show off my lady''s new ring soon!!

CDCAMP
I imagine there are other Canadian diamond sellers who aren''t trying to gouge an additional $2000 plus from the consumer for "ethics". I''d do some research and find one. A Canadian mined diamond is a Canadian mined diamond.

brilliant_earth

Rough_Rock

Hi there - this is Danielle from Brilliant Earth - I thought it might be helpful for me to offer some clarification about our company, conflict free Canadian diamonds, and fair trade diamonds.

All diamonds purchased from Brilliant Earth include a certificate guaranteeing their conflict-free origin. Our diamonds originate from one of two Canadian diamond mines in the Northwest Territories of Canada: Diavik and EKATI. All of our Canadian diamonds have certification policies compliant with one of the leading bodies for Canadian diamonds such as the Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct, Canadamark, or the Government of the Northwest Territories. Our diamonds larger than 0.30ct are also accompanied by a laboratory grading report as well as a laser inscription on the girdle of the diamond which further helps you to identify your diamond. We don’t believe that you should have to pay more for an ethically sourced product – as a result, our prices are quite competitive.

For more information regarding the diamond verification and Canadian diamonds, please visit the following links:

http://www.brilliantearth.com/certification.aspx
http://www.brilliantearth.com/Canadian-diamonds.aspx

While there is currently no standard for fair trade diamonds, Brilliant Earth is actively working to promote the development of such standards. We are also active in various pilot programs for ethically sourced African diamonds. The mining regions of West Africa remain among the poorest in their respective countries with few benefits of the mineral wealth trickling down to mining communities. We support the development of a healthy industry for ethically-sourced diamonds as the surest way to promote social reform, providing a direct economic incentive for our industry to implement fair trade diamond practices. As part of this social mission, we also donate 5% of profits to help communities in Africa and to help build a foundation of infrastructure for this fair trade future.

In addition to our policies on ethical gemstone sourcing, Brilliant Earth uses 100% recycled gold and platinum in the jewelry we produce.

I would be excited to answer any of your questions either by phone or email, please do not hesitate to contact me.

[email protected]
800.691.0952, ext. 708

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results