shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliance Scope vs. HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2005 3
6.gif
6.gif
9 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 4/28/2005 4:48:21 AM

Author: strmrdr

Date: 4/28/2005 12
6.gif
8:30 AM

Author: Dancing Fire

if you''re a believer in the b-scope tech, then you should look for a report with 5 different looking pictures (photo #1-5) those are the ones that scores VH,VH,VH

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_03ct_h_vs1_h&a1.htm

the link below see how the photos #1-3 look the same

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_005ct_e_vs2_ags_0.htm

Those both were taken using the older software and hardware and are not directly comparable to the new ones as far as how the images/diamonds look.
i know they''re older software but, i''m still comparing apples to apples,am i right?

If your comparing the 2 older reports against each other then its ok.
They cant be directly compared against the newer ones which is what I thought you meant.
I may have misunderstood.
If so I apologize.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 8:53:57 PM
Author: RockDoc
Dear Nerdbot

The images you posted are static.

Go to http://www.gemex.com and click on live report.

Since the B Scope was done with 6.10v they should be there, providing the supplier has ordered the laminated reports from Gemex.

This way you can view the animated shots of Fire, Color Light, White Light and Scintillation.

The interpretation of the graphical photos should be done by someone who has well based experience with the B Scope.

The seller should be able to comment on the differences.

Rockdoc
Actually not all of the 6.1 version scans are available online... Only scans produced after Gem Ex released the feature on their web site are currently available, a few scanned on the cusp of the release have not yet been posted as we''ve discovered as the result of people trying to validate scans from our web site. However "missing scans" can be easily verified as being authentic by contacting Gem Ex and asking them to add the scan to their live scan database - for those of us who are set up for the creation of animated .gif files for our web sites... Some Gem Ex users are not set up for animated .gif files and apparently earlier scans for those people are not available, but can still be verified by contacting Gem Ex, we ran into this with a diamond scanned by Eighternity just last week when we asked for the Eighternity scan to be created as an animated .gif and weren''t able to obtain the file for that reason...

As far as Gem Ex vs. HCA and all that... They''re both just tools and not necessarily better than the other, both should be considered as merely one more option of insight for a consumer to consider as their evaluation process. Regardless of the scan results and from whom you purchase your diamond, we recommend having the characteristics and visual properties of the diamond evaluated by an independent Gemologist (who does not sell diamonds or offer to find you a diamond, thus being impartial) as a means of ensuring that the diamond you purchased was properly represented and that you receive the diamond you specifically purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results