shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliance Scope Scores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpbirkett

Rough_Rock
My basic question is how accurate/relavent are brilliance scope scores? I''ve been looking for a diamond for months and I think I''ve found some very good ones. They have excellent HCA scores and excellent (though not entirely red) ideal-scope pictures and are hearts and arrows ideal cuts but they do not have brilliance scope readings. I just wanted to make sure before I invested a substantial amount of money (for me anyway) that I got the best looking diamond possible. Should I take comfort in the HCA and ideal scope or is the brilliance scope another important piece of the puzzle?

Thanks in advance

Joe

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Oh come on, let''s throw off the gloves and go at this one again
emsmile.gif

It is about time for the monthly discussion on the BScope!!!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For those who have the Brilliancescope it becomes important in solving the puzzle. For those of us who have not invested in it, we find we can limp along pretty darn well without it.

Many tools are a combination of marketing and valuable. This applies to the BrillianceScope, the ISee2 and even the lowly (low cost) Ideal-Scope. The HCA is totally free so it is a non-issue as anyone can use it if they wish.

I think consumers should have the opportunity to decide how much factual or quasi-factual information needs to be supplied before they actually examine a diamond and make their decision. I don''t think we have seen factually compelling reasons to invest in high cost devices to estimate light behavior, but there are good marketing reasons to consider using these devices. People are impressed by their elegant presentation and I don''t think they mislead anyone, so there is no harm being done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results