shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliance Scope - princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moolie26

Rough_Rock
As a lay consumer i find the Brilliance Scope to be a useful tool to help set a bar for deciding on certain light characteristics of a diamond/shape.

2 Questions -- (1) What internet retailers use the Brilliance Scope (i am familiar with Good old Gold)? and, (2) Are the readings from the Brilliance scope specific to a diamond shape? What i mean here is that a "very high" reading for a round brilliant stone and a "very high" reading for a princess would imply that they exhibit the same "brilliance" or does each shape have its own scale of low to very high, and as such a "very high" princess may be closer to a "medium to high" round as an example.

Thanks in advance for any clarification and shared insight.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Moolie,

The scales are shape specific. So a princess cut that gets Very High may not get Very High were it to be on the rounds scale. There is even a different scale for square stones and a seperate one for rectangular as well as pears, marquise, oval, heart, trillion, etc.

There has only been 1 fancy that I've seen score Very High on the round scale (particularly in colored light return) and those are the Regents.

If you'd like to see how any particular fancy measures up on the round scale drop me an email and I'll share that with ya.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results