shape
carat
color
clarity

Brightcut pave w/millgrain - will the millgrain wear down?

RoyalRaindrop63

Rough_Rock
With platinum rings, does the millgrain used on the edges of brightcut pave typically wear down over time? If so, can it be repaired/fixed? I imagine it would wear flatten down a bit since platinum is malleable?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Brightcut pave w/millgrain - will the millgrain wear dow

Rings do get wear. But platinum should gold the millgrian better than gold. You can see rings from the 20's that still have millgrain, even though it's not as crisp. Yes should should be able to have it redone eventually but its not for a while

RoyalRaindrop63

Rough_Rock

That is what i was hoping for - thanks! Wanted to make sure i wasn't running into separate durability issues with it vs. u-cut pave (durability being a lot of the reason i want to go w/brightcut in the first place, and i prefer millgrain edges). I am okay with it wearing down over long periods of time, as long as it doesn't wear down quickly and it can be redone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RoyalRaindrop63|1444014603|3934885 said:
That is what i was hoping for - thanks! Wanted to make sure i wasn't running into separate durability issues with it vs. u-cut pave (durability being a lot of the reason i want to go w/brightcut in the first place, and i prefer millgrain edges). I am okay with it wearing down over long periods of time, as long as it doesn't wear down quickly and it can be redone.

Bright set is my favorite kind of pave. I bet it'll be lovely. And they are very durable ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results