shape
carat
color
clarity

Bright, lively citrine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Citrines sometimes amaze me. In spite of being common and low priced, a properly cut and polished citrine can show amazing brilliance and life. Here is a pale yellow citrine, 3.94 cts, in a Barion diamond cut. This cut, with clipped ends, has a broad reflecting facet at each end. This reflecting facet eliminates the dark corners that result when the girdle outline of a diamond cut comes to a sharp point. I rather like this cut.

1596BarDia.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Citrines come in many beautiful colours of yellow, gold, orange and red(ish) and is sometimes underrated. It''s too bad it''s rather soft and there''s so many yucky ones being sold.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great stone! I also REALLY love LTP''s citrine and diamond ring! I forgot what her citrine is called, something mandrin?? I don''t know, but it''s pretty!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 11:14:35 PM
Author: Kelli
That''s a great stone! I also REALLY love LTP''s citrine and diamond ring! I forgot what her citrine is called, something mandrin?? I don''t know, but it''s pretty!
Madeira?

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 3:17:36 AM
Author: ma re

Madeira?
Like this?

redorange11.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a fine citrine is indeed lovely! i once saw one that was so fine and cut so well i actually insisted on reading the tag on it to make sure it wasn''t spess....i didn''t believe the store owner! turns out it was a Philip Zahm stone and ring.....

love the cut on the one posted here!

movie zombie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the stones in the quartz family are lovely. Gem quartz is very common, and that makes it a highly undervalued stone. However, it''s getting harder and harder to come by fine amethysts these days.

Nice citrines!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That citrine is amazing. You are right. The right citrine in the hands of a great cutter can be a lively colorful stone. What are your plans for that amazing stone?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 11:10:49 AM
Author: zeolite
Date: 10/16/2008 3:17:36 AM

Author: ma re

Madeira?

Like this?
Maybe it''s madeira! LOL I don''t remember. I''m pretty sure it was something with an M but I''m not good at remembering that stuff just yet!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 11:26:03 PM
Author: LisaRN
That citrine is amazing. You are right. The right citrine in the hands of a great cutter can be a lively colorful stone. What are your plans for that amazing stone?
I''ll add it to my very large colllection of loose stones, like Pandora. With the price gold today, getting it mounted is not practical.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love the shape and color. What a beautiful stone
30.gif
35.gif
30.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results