shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridge in Tension Setting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

givr

Rough_Rock
I''m dealing with a vendor right now who has recommended that I have a small bridge put in the tension setting ring that I''m considering (with an approx 0.5ct round cut diamond) to make it safer. The vendor will not guarantee my ring without this bridge. Is this common practise? Does putting a bridge in mean that the jeweler can allow themselves to do a sloppier job? Anyone know what these bridges look like?

Many thanks.

Heather

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is no longer a tension setting.

To make tension rings in precious metals special treatments are needed - this is why these settings are made by just a few firms. To bypass such technical requirements, the same look can be approximated by versions of channel setting which still leave some metal under the stone to keep the ring in place. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, unless only a tension setting will do. The jeweler is being honest, I would think.

Ti anyone ?
rolleyes.gif

lesliez

Rough_Rock
My ring was custom made to look like a tension setting and has a bridge under the stone. Below are some pictures of the ring on my hand and from the side so you can get an idea of how mine turned out

47b4da35b3127ccebc9f8afdcfad0000003610

47b4da35b3127ccebc9f8ae9cfb90000004610

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results