shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridezillas!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Does anyone else watch this show?? I just started watching it at the beginning of the second season, and I love it!!! Some of these women freak out over the smallest thing, but I guess to them it''s a big deal!! The third season started last night, and it did not disappoint. On last night''s episode they introduced 2 brides, Nikki and Marsha. Nikki is tame compared to Marsha.... They both have some big bling though!!! At one point in the show, a sales clerk told Marsha that her ring was pretty, and when Marsha stuck her finger out so the clerk could see it, the clerk touched her finger. Marsha flipped on her saying that it is rude to touch someone. I didn''t know that was rude!! Did anyone else watch this show???

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I watched part of it, but was not able to stay watching it. I was more interested in the couple who won the contest to have their wedding paid for and done for them in Vegas by the Food Network. They were so cute. The couple that won were from a little place in Texas.

I know what you mean by Marsha being so b@#tchy. The parts of the show I saw made me wonder why her fiance would want to stay engaged to her! She was horrible! I pity her fiance...seriously. Yes, Nikki was not as bad compared to Marsha...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I started watching this show---on and off--last year. One of my daughters has a tendency to lean towards this type of behavior.When she was engaged, she was horrible. I was kind of relieved she ended the engagement becasuse of her obsessiveness towards total control. The poor guy she was engaged to never saw where the daggers were coming from! I fear she will be a bridezilla nonetheless when and if she gets engaged again. Her nature is that things have to go HER way or everyone pays for it in one way or another...so sad to say!

My other daughter is so not like her at all...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some people are more touch sensitive than others. A friend of mine is pregnant, and she is amazed at how many strangers just reach out and touch her belly!

Funny you should mention this show...I have never seen it before (I don''t want much TV, period.) My cousin came over yesterday and started asking me about my wedding plans, colors, invites, centerpieces. I was like, uh...I haven''t thought about it yet. She got frustrated and called me the "Anti-Bridezilla" and dragged me to the bookstore to look at magazines (which did nothing). When I came home, my FI told me he saw an advert for the show, and so we both watched it for the first time.

The blonde girl definitely wasn''t that bad. I''d be kind of irritated if we went all the way to the clerk''s office and my fiance didn''t have his ID either. Her bridesmaid being late was rude. But the other one...yikes.

Still, it made me at least start to consider seriously the items that need to be taken care of before my wedding (just over 3.5 months away), so I did some homework last night to figure out invitations and such. Man, you pricescope people are amazing! I found everything I needed right here...didn''t need to go to the knot (worthless IMO) or anywhere else! A few people mentioned mypersonalartist.com, and they are perfect for our casual beach wedding. Thanks pricescope!
36.gif

I don''t know what turns people into bridezillas...I''ve read somewhere that it''s born, not bred. A wedding isn''t anything to stress over, IMHO. Now, I say this because I am having a small 50-60 person affair. I might be singing a different tune if I had to do a 200 person wedding!!!
23.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think Marsha is rude to her FI too. Last night when she first arrived in Arkansas, she was soooooooo mean to him, and he looked like he was about to cry!! And then what got me was the fact that she said she didn''t care whose feelings got hurt, but her wedding was going to be PERFECT. I''m only 19 and I realize (from watching this show and Whose Wedding is it Anyway?) that no matter how much you pay, what you say, or what you do, the day is not going to be completely perfect. Things will go wrong, it just depends on the way you handle it. I think that some of these brides should at least try to take things as they come, and if something goes wrong, embrace it. And most of the time, if something does go wrong (which it will) the guests don''t even know it. The only ones who usually know are the bride and the wedding planner. After all, it''s their wedding day and it should be one of the happiest days of their lives!!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marsha was WAY too over the top, and rude to everyone (I think she got a little too upset at the saleswoman) and seemed to be taking her anger out on everyone around her, including her fiance. The other woman paled in comparison.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
This is a major tangent, but BlingDiva, you''re only 19?! Your posts are so mature, and you''ve been so helpful in the celebrity e-rings thread! Thanks a lot! Your contributions here are much appreciated.

O.K., back to the topic at hand. Bridezillas . . . I felt sorry for Marsha''s fiance too. I even told my husband he deserves a better woman for a wife.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee one of my girlfriends has been looking fwd to this in a huge way for weeks, i have to remember to add it to tivo!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:10:55 PM
Author: lizz
This is a major tangent, but BlingDiva, you''re only 19?! Your posts are so mature, and you''ve been so helpful in the celebrity e-rings thread! Thanks a lot! Your contributions here are much appreciated.

~~Thanks lizz!! Yes, I know I''m young to be involved in stuff like this (mom thinks I''m a wee bit obsessed!!), but I love it!! I''ve been going through a drought with the celeb e-rings though!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate to admit it but yes I do! I couldn''t believe Marsha. And she compared it to if someone says you have a nice butt and then touch it...not quite the same thing crazy lady. I felt SOOO bad for the sales clerk. She was just being nice and BARELY touched her. She is such a brat. Anyone watch last session with the unemployed guy from NYC and his bride from Japan (I think). They barely knew each other and she was so COLD to him. It was so funny. I felt bad for him.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I saw that one too!! I''m wondering if these women are so mean to their SO even when the planning is over?? I just don''t think that the wedding is THAT important over the feelings of your SO... come on ladies, let''s put that much focus on the marriage!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BlingDiva, It seemed like she was marrying him for a green card than for love. He was so in to her too. Remember when he tried to kiss her during the photos and she pushed him away? I guess it just goes to show, love is blind. Poor guy, he is SOOO going to have him heart broken.

Remember the 18 year old piano teacher? She dated her guy for like 4 months. So strange! Where do they find these people?!?

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only seen the show a couple of times, but it was in the midst of my wedding planning madness, and so I kinda empathized with some of their craziness! I think the wedding stress brings out sides of your personality that you didn''t know existed... I know I almost flipped out on some incompetant salespeople at Sephora about 3 weeks before the wedding (and in the middle of final exams)... literally had to take some deep breaths and talk myself down!
6.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of those shows are edited to show a lot of drama and twist it a bit. BUT, I am sure some of the women are hideous. I mean, I have been a bride, and we all experience stress and want our day to be special and as perfect as can be BUT SHEESH some women become like MONSTERS. And, to me, the wedding is the beginning of your lives together, it is best not to crap on all of your friends and family in the midst of the planning and the wedding, because they will not be too thrilled with you and once you are married and think all is status quo, they might not be so forgiving!

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I were watching this together.... He said he thought it was rude to touch someone''s ring. I can see that you may think that, I certainly don''t want a stranger getting too close to MY Tiffany''s sparkler, BUT it was FAR more rude for her to blow up on her!!! I would never correct someone like that!! It''s just so tacky. It''s a bit like when someone passes gas in public... socially unaceptable, yes, but it''s far more socially unacceptable to say out loud "Hey!!! Who farted??"

I prefer to be silently offended... it''s not my place to teach other people manners. And even so, it''s just admiring a ring, it''s not THAT rude, just a bit of an invasion of personal space. I think they poor girl just got carried away with a big ring.

On another note, did you see how Marsha made her fiance drag in like FIVE Louis Vuitton suitcases for her from her trunk??? Geez, that luggage could certainly buy another ring... unfortunately, all that cash can''t buy her an ounce of class!!! Did I miss part 2, or is that this Sunday?? I''m sure they get married anyway, but I REALLY want her future husband to tell her off and put her in her place!!

genette

Shiny_Rock
I love watching Bridezillas those girls are so fussy its hilarious. I did see Marsha and I think she is a straight up b***h. She is such a tyrant and if I was her man I''d say "see ya". Her attitude is a sneak preview to how she could be when you marry her. SCARY!!! Anywho I wouldn''t want some stranger touching my diamond like how that girl did, but I wouldn''t have been so tacky like Marsha was. I tell you that girl needs someone to give her a swift kick in her a$$ and let her know that the world does not revolve around her. I feel so bad for her FI.

genette

Shiny_Rock
Oh yea and I also think that Japanese girl from last season was also in it for the green card. I live in Hawaii and you see those kinds of couples all the time here. We have so many different reaces here so its common to see a native Japanese woman with an American man and its so obvious when you see no chemistry its like their platonic friends. So we automatically assume- green card. It''s terrible but its like natural when we see couples that look mismatched and one is a foreigner and the other isn''t.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Just a reminder that it''s 10 p.m. on the east coast, and Bridezillas is starting on the WE channel. Mean Marsha is on!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
Can you believe that her man is putting up with marsha''s b.s.? I do, however, agree with marsha about providing meals for the photog/videog/dj but I am going to do it because it is something that has always been done.

Michael...Michael...Michael...sorry, had to :)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2006 10:52:46 PM
Author: lilmaria
Michael...Michael...Michael...sorry, had to :)

~~That was sooo funny!! Yoshi (sp?) whined soooooooooooo much!! LOL
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i just started tivo''ing so haven''t watched it yet....but it looks GOOD (in a bad way!) hahaha.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - if I was Yoshi''s FI I''d have to gag her. I laughed out loud when he said he''s gotten to hate hearing her call his name. !!!

And Marsha.....if there was ANYone in history who deserves to be left at the altar....it''s HER!!! If he goes through with it he''s in for a lifetime of pain.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 4:45:24 AM
Author: fashionsweetie
Oh yea and I also think that Japanese girl from last season was also in it for the green card. I live in Hawaii and you see those kinds of couples all the time here. We have so many different reaces here so its common to see a native Japanese woman with an American man and its so obvious when you see no chemistry its like their platonic friends. So we automatically assume- green card. It''s terrible but its like natural when we see couples that look mismatched and one is a foreigner and the other isn''t.

She wasn''t even NICE to him. He seemed like a love sick puppy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 1:20:54 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Wow - if I was Yoshi''s FI I''d have to gag her. I laughed out loud when he said he''s gotten to hate hearing her call his name. !!!

And Marsha.....if there was ANYone in history who deserves to be left at the altar....it''s HER!!! If he goes through with it he''s in for a lifetime of pain.

Actually it was the wedding planner that said he hated hearing her call his name not her FI. I thought they seemed sweet together. I think she is just a normal person that was stressed out, now Marsha, that is a COMPLETELY different story! She is horrible. I feel so bad for her FI.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So now I''ve watched two episodes of this, and not sure if I can watch any more! It irritates me how this show is edited...in the beginning they take lots of clips, edited to make it sound like these woman are over the top and terrible, and so far it has not been too bad (in the case of the blonde last week and the japanese gal this week - I can agree that Marsha is bad regardless of editing). It also seems like it''s being shown out of chronological order...this week Marsha was 10 days off from her wedding, and last week they were decorating the church. Maybe I''m not paying enough attention and watching this right. Too many commercials too.

Anyway, I agree that Yoshie just seemed like a normal stressed bride. Not being able to walk in a dress is a perfectly good reason to want it altered. And she seemed so thrilled with the dress in the final fitting. She also had no problems with her coordinator''s solution for the dress loop. And she paid thousands for that coordinator, so I don''t think she was too over the top with him. But man, that whiny voice...that would kill me.

I at first wondered if Marsha was just playing up to the camera - kind of like those Jerry Springer guests do. But I''ve since decided that unless everyone is in on the "acting", no woman would jeopardize her relationship just for the sake of a "good" story. She''s awful.

I told my FI that I was done watching the show. And he said "Why? This is so fun to watch!" Lol....

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 12:56:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal

I told my FI that I was done watching the show. And he said ''Why? This is so fun to watch!'' Lol....
My fiance loves it too!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Did anyone see the previews for next week''s episode?? Marsha and her FI get into a huge fight, and he asked her "Do you want to marry me?" and her reply (in true BRIDEZILLA fashion) she yelled back at him "No! I don''t want to marry you!" If he still marries her after that, I will be sad for him. Maybe it is the fact that planning a wedding is so stressful, but she is sooo mean to him that it''s sad to watch. I saw one part where he even breaks down in tears. I hope she can get her act together!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 2:41:01 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~Did anyone see the previews for next week''s episode?? I saw one part where he even breaks down in tears. I hope she can get her act together!!
I saw that and it truly made me feel so sorry for him, and quite angry at her. I know that the show edits the footage to truly make the bride seem unreasonable but in Marsha''s case it doesn''t seem that any editing needed to be done. She is coming off as quite a horrible person. Every bride gets stressed but she goes so far over the top in taking it out on people (especially her fiance) that they should drop her like a hot potato! She deserves to be alone because she is lashing out at everyone else, and for no reason.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I got into watching it a few weeks ago, since I wanted to see the woman who had flipped about her mom''s flat tire and her veil looking like it had been peed on. It''s so entertaining to me and my fiance. Plus they have been playing up Marsha''s story for like 3 weeks! I watched it last week and though they would show the conclusion of her getting married (or not) last night. It sucks- I might not get to see it next weekend if I''m not back from New York in time. You ladies will have to tell me all about it! Or it will be repeated if I''m lucky.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~You''re in luck!!!!!! They show the new episode at 10 pm, and then they show it again at 1 am...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results