shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridesmaid gifts-help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I really want to get my girls something special and because I only have three so I have a more flexible budget. I can get them one really nice piece/gift or several less expensive gifts. What would you like? If I decide to get them one gift a piece, here is what I have in mind. Do you think it would be too casual to wear for my wedding?

option 1

10660262_FL_LRG.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
option 2

10660319_xl.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
option 3

10660351_xl.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
option 4

12607083_FL_LRG.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Do they like/wear modern style jewelry like this? If they do, I love #2!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo Tacori, I like #3! It''s definitely dressy enough for them to wear in your wedding. I like all the other choices, but if you want them to be able to wear the piece for the wedding I think #2 and 3 are the dressiest. Can I be a bridesmaid???
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 8:22:20 PM
Author: anchor31
Do they like/wear modern style jewelry like this? If they do, I love #2!

Yeah. My FSIL wears more modern jewelry and I know she will love any of these. My sister doesn''t wear a that much (can''t do earrings because she let her holes close) and my third BM wears all different styles. I just wanted something to be special that they can have for a long, long time.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 8:22:35 PM
Author: monarch64
Ooo Tacori, I like #3! It''s definitely dressy enough for them to wear in your wedding. I like all the other choices, but if you want them to be able to wear the piece for the wedding I think #2 and 3 are the dressiest. Can I be a bridesmaid???
9.gif

Sure monarch, you free in August?
2.gif
So I am guessing you rather have one nice gift than several (I was thinking a coach wristlet, shawl, and cheaper jewelry, or something like that for option 2)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely I would like one nice gift as opposed to a few less expensive ones! Your girls will always be able to wear the Tiffany piece and remember your day every time they wear it! You have excellent taste, btw!

ETA: I gave my MOH a sterling bookmark from Tiffany's (I don't even own anything from Tiffany's, but I knew she would love it!), and gave the other girls non-branded sterling jewelry that wasn't worn in the wedding. Looking back, I wish now that I had given them each something Tiffany, but it wasn't in my budget at the time. I wanted to do something really special for my MOH because she went to so much trouble to organize my bachelorette party and one of my showers, and she was OOT and attended every single event for the wedding.
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Monarch, you have excellent taste. I am not sure if you saw in the china thread but I picked the same china as you (her prices just went up
15.gif
) I think it is such a classic pattern. I cannot wait to own it (if anyone buys us any that is
27.gif
) My girls are doing a lot of traveling too and I just want to give them a nice gift to thank them for being there with me through every bump. They are good friends.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I have #2 and it''s a beautiful piece....#2 or #3 would be your best bet for a wedding and then after-wedding piece of jewelry! You have great taste!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that''s right! I do remember you posting we had the same pattern, that is too funny Tacori! I love the china. We''ve only used it 3 or 4 times in the last couple years, and we''re only working with 6 place settings so far, but hopefully I can convince DH to get the other six I would like to have sometime soon. Of course I would love to have all the other serving pieces within that pattern, but that may take a few years, esp. if I keep opting for jewelry and he keeps going on fun "boy" trips, lol!
20.gif
The sad thing is, in our current house we don''t have room for the china cabinet I eventually want in our little bitty dining room, so I keep having to store the china in its original boxes in my old hope chest in our guest bedroom!

What kind of flatware did you end up going with, btw? I found some stainless called "Metropolis" that I think is made by Wedgwood that has a pattern of little rectangles around the edges--it matches quite well. Unfortunately we only have two place settings and a serving set of that. Jeez I am going to have to get on the ball with filling in here! (Sorry to hijack with talk of china and flatware!)
2.gif

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I really like 2, then 3. I love that you are getting them jewelry that can be worn long past the wedding. I have four girls, and would love to get something like that, but my budget doesn''t allow it. I ended up getting them cotton loungewear from Victoria''s Secret.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So no one likes #1? It is very pretty in real life (the small bean).

AchiOAlumna- oh I am so glad you have/love #2 because between #2 and #3 I think I like #2 more. It is more delicate.

Monarch- I felt so bad picking an expensive china pattern so I picked cheaper flatware. I picked Nicole Miller''s Green Tea set from BBB. It has the dots going down the center so I thought that would work well with the grosgrain. It is $119 for 8 settings so I thought that was a good price.

Tanyak- well I am stretching my budget to the max (I oringinally started with $100, oh well. They are worth it)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, Tacori, maybe I should''ve chosen the same flatware as yours!
15.gif
I think our place settings for flatware were going for around $50 each two and a half years ago! No wonder we only received 2!

I do like the small bean...have some friends who wear those. I think your comment on #2 is dead on though--it''s more delicate. Shoot, anything they receive that comes in a blue box is going to make them ecstatic, are you kidding?!
9.gif
You are one sweet bride!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 10:32:20 PM
15.gif
I think our place settings for flatware were going for around $50 each two and a half years ago! No wonder we only received 2!

I do like the small bean...have some friends who wear those. I think your comment on #2 is dead on though--it''s more delicate. Shoot, anything they receive that comes in a blue box is going to make them ecstatic, are you kidding?!
9.gif
You are one sweet bride!
36.gif

Is your flatware sterling silver? Mine is stainless (ie cheaper) I figured less I''ll have to polish.
1.gif
My FSIL has Tiffany''s jewelry but the other two do not. I kind of like the idea of giving them their first piece. Now to move onto parent''s gifts...arggg...I have no idea!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like #1. I am considering that for my cousin''s b-day gift. But it is less formal than the other two. I like #2 for the wedding.

I also like your option 2 with the Coach wristlet. I love wristlet when we have night outs, more convienence than a purse. And some of Coach wristlets are not cheap. I have the metallic pleated one and I think it was around $120.

Do you know if your BMs are into jewelry or purse? Are they more likely to wear the jewelry or use the wristlet?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 11:24:25 PM
Author: qtiekiki

Do you know if your BMs are into jewelry or purse? Are they more likely to wear the jewelry or use the wristlet?

The one I would get is around $50 so I would still have some money to play around with. Honestly I think they would be happy with either option. I think my sister would get more use out of the necklace not because its from tiffany''s but because she isn''t that into brands and the necklace is more simple than a wristlet with "c"s all over it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2006 11:02:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 4/1/2006 10:32:20 PM
15.gif

9.gif
You are one sweet bride!
36.gif

Is your flatware sterling silver? Mine is stainless (ie cheaper) I figured less I''ll have to polish.
1.gif
My FSIL has Tiffany''s jewelry but the other two do not. I kind of like the idea of giving them their first piece. Now to move onto parent''s gifts...arggg...I have no idea!
my flatware is not sterling, it''s stainless. I agree with you on not having to polish--I have enough dishes to do as it is, let alone worrying about polishing my silver, lol!

I love the idea of you giving some of your BM''s their first Tiffany''s piece! I''m sure they''ll cherish it forever!
36.gif

I will have to post a pic of my flatware pattern (if I can find a good pic online) later so we can compare notes. Yours sounds lovely, though!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 11:31:00 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 4/1/2006 11:24:25 PM
Author: qtiekiki

The one I would get is around $50 so I would still have some money to play around with. Honestly I think they would be happy with either option. I think my sister would get more use out of the necklace not because its from tiffany''s but because she isn''t that into brands and the necklace is more simple than a wristlet with ''c''s all over it.

It seems like your sister might like option 2 more and your other BMs would like option 1 from what you said. Is it an option to get them different gifts? or do you prefer to give the same gifts? I know sometimes BMs get upset if there''s different gifts and they like the other gift better than the one they got, so I wasn''t sure if that would be ok. I actually don''t prefer one option over the other. I just think that you are so thoughtful and sweet to give such wonderful gifts.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tacori-

Honestly, I like #4...I have always loved that bracelet...I have #3, that is nice too....I cant believe your wedding is coming up so soon already!! WOW!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I love # 1 the best. Not sure if it is too casual to wear on your wedding day, it depends on their dresses. But I would wear # 1 all the time. All of them are beautiful though!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I agree that #1 seems the most classic and wearable, although they are all gorgeous.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki-actually I think my sister would like the necklace MORE than the wristlet b/c it doesn''t scream a certain brand.

Dani-I am in love with that bracelet too! The only thing is I have seen a lot of knock-offs that look exactly like it so I don''t know. My wedding is really coming up fast. A little over 4 months away.
36.gif
I am getting so excited!

ivanadiamond & chickflick- I know this sounds crazy but I thought the small bean was kind of sexy in person (if a lump of silver can be sexy
2.gif
) There was just something about it that was so fluid.

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
I really like the bracelet. I got each one of my bridesmaids the Elsa Peretti initial necklace from Tiffany''s. I like the initials they aren''t too block like, it doesn''t scream initial necklace. I like the links in the bracelet alot, hmm now I want one!
Nicole

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I really love #1 the most...it doesn''t seem to be the way the crowd is going though
5.gif

They are all lovely pieces, so no matter what you would make a great choice!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is #4 because 1-3 look way too abstract/modern for me. If I had to pick between then, I like #1 the second most. That's just my personal taste though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the advice! Does seeing the dress help at all?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I love #2 and #3.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results