shape
carat
color
clarity

Brides who used Toast and Jam as DJs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Chibride, Blackbetty, and I think some others have mentioned this DJ company in Chicago. I just wanted to ask you girls a few questions if you didn''t mind. Any other Chicago brides are also welcome to chime in with DJ recommendations too!

I''m wondering if T&J are almost "too hip" for FI and I. Neither of us are huge music junkies, and I like country (although we won''t play much at the wedding, but there are still a few favorite I would love to hear) and FI is more of a rock/Metallica type. We both also love 80s music, but other than that, we''re pretty flexible. I''m worried that they will think the music we like is cheesy or dumb and instead play music that is more "their" style than ours. Does that make sense?

I''ve read so many rave reviews about them and have emailed with them (and am supposed to schedule a consultation with Kate & Rachel), but wanted to hear what you ladies thought of the experience. Were your music choices honored or did you feel like they took the show over and ran with their own music selections?

I''d really love to nail down a DJ soon and would love any input you girls might have! Thanks in advance!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
So, I am not a Chicago bride, but I have been to a wedding that used Toast & Jam and have another friend-couple who booked them for their May wedding. Each of these couples were what I would classify as being really into the type of music T&J would play and really wanted specific, non-traditional music played/to be played at their reception.

From the wedding I went to, they were really, really fun. Usually I loathe DJs and hate when they butt in and find them really cheesy. This was not true of T&J. I do, though, feel that playing the kind of music they did made things more in their element, and if they were playing music out of their element, it may not have worked as well as I felt it did.

I could see them having a totally rad 80s set. But, despite my gushing about them, the bottom line is that if you are worried that they won''t do what you want them to do, or won''t do what you want them to do well, then you shouldn''t book them. Music is so central to a party--for me, it defines it--and you want your music to define your music. It might be worth keeping the consultation just to see, but I would only book them if you feel they will be what you want. Hopefully some brides that actually used them will pipe in for you.

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Hi! Sorry I didn''t see this post the first time around!

Yes, we used Leslie from Toast & Jam and loved, loved, loved her! The music was amazing and literally everyone at our wedding was dancing the whole time. We keep hearing the "so-and-so NEVER dances at weddings and we couldn''t drag her off the dance floor" comments.

As for your concern about the music, take a look at their "sample song list" (if you haven''t already). It has lists of songs they love from different genres. That should give you an idea of their flexibility and comfort zones. We went through this entire list and highlighted what songs we loved, crossed off the ones we hated and added a list of our own, and Leslie really ran with it. There was not one song she played that I didn''t like.

Ultimately, I think they''re great, but you definitely need to feel comfortable with them! I know other friends of mine used Fig Media for their wedding and really enjoyed them too.

Let me know if I can answer any more specific questions!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Chibride and Katamari, thank you for your responses!! I really appreciate it. I''m hoping Blackbetty will chime in too!

I''ve only heard such great things about them, so I do want to meet with them to see how we feel. I''m afraid I will feel embarrassed to ask about certain music selections though, but I guess we''ll see when we meet. I will have to look into Fig Media too (I recall someone else, maybe you? mentioned them before too), because I thought I saw bad reviews on Yelp or something, but maybe it was a different company!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results