shape
carat
color
clarity

Bride to be in LOVE with a Helzberg Diamond Masterpiece

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
You did a great job Mikey! :appl: I can't wait for your proposal story and handshots. This is going to be her best Christmas ever!!!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, I keep checking in to see if there have been any updates! I'm so excited to know how she reacted and how much she loves the ring. :love:

MikeyPalmice

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late update everybody, but it went perfectly!!!

I didn't get to see the ring in person until Saturday Afternoon because I had it sent to a friend in CT and even though Fedex said it would arrive by 10am, it didn't get to her until 6pm on Friday. I swear I checked that shipping confirmation 100 times that day and it always said in transit, lol. When I left my girl to go to the gym I swung by the house and grabbed it. When I opened the box I was so happy that it looked like the Helzberg ring, but only better :)

Well, anyway, we went to my uncle's house for Christmas Eve and had a great night with the kids. Once they went to sleep we had our first lets get all the toys put together and put out the milk and cookies for Santa. The last two years she went to Florida for Christmas, so this was really special.

Christmas morning we got to enjoy the kids opening all their presents which was a blast. We exchanged our presents. I got her some Victoria Secret PJs, perfume and some body lotions and oils, etc. So, then the big moment arrived. I said to her, I have one more present and I need my son's help to get it. I gave the box to my son and told him to give it to her and to tell her he loves her. On the way back towards her I had her daughter join us. We gathered around her and my son did his part. It almost looked like she didn't know what was going on yet even as she unwrapped it. Once she saw the box she started shaking. As she opened the box I got down on one knee. She opened it and she had the most amazing look on her face. I said something about her being a true partner and how I want to spend the rest of my life with her as her hand was shaking. She was fighting off yelling out YES as she waited for me to ask her. Kind of like just ask me already, lol. So I did, and she said YES YES YES and I put it on her finger :) I have never seen her so happy!!! She turns to the kids and says do you guys know what this means? We are going to get married!!! My son didn't quite get the concept as much as her daughter. She's more familiar with Fairy Tale books and movies, lol. Her daughter says when? tomorrow? will we live together and can we have a fish? LMAO.

She absolutely LOVED the ring and didn't even realize it was a different ring until I told her :) And then when we stared and compared she said she loved this ring even more and that it was perfect. It fit perfect and it looks great on her!!!!

I had told her a few days ago we were going to go out to dinner and get drinks locally just to celebrate the end of the year. We were dropping off the kids with the other parents later that day. So, she says I can't wait to go out tonight and that is when I told her, yeah, we are going out, but we are actually going into NYC and I got us a room and she was thrilled. She called her family who were in Florida all at the same house and they were screaming and so happy for her.

We dropped off the kids. I didn't tell my ex about it because I didn't want to ruin her Christmas or get into a fight with her on Christmas (she can be difficult, putting it nicely). She told her ex and was actually pretty happy for her. He is very comfortable with me because I treat my lady like a queen and his daughter like a princess. He knows he doesn't have anything to worry about with me.

We met back up at her place, cleaned up the bomb that exploded in the living room and got ready and headed into the city. Had a nice dinner and went out for drinks. It was a great night. The hotel sent us up champaign and chocolate strawberries too. The next day we walked around the city and went to the MET. She was so happy all night and weekend. Kept looking at her hand and was very sentimental and emotional.

In short it was AMAZING!!!!!

MikeyPalmice

Rough_Rock
I'll get some more pics soon. This was just the one she took to post on Facebook. It was so much fun, because while we were out the facebook comments were rolling in. It was nice to read all the nice things people were saying as we were celebrating :)

And I just wanted to thank everybody on here for all the advice and well wishes. Saved myself a ton of money and had a very pleasurable, hassle free shopping experience with GOG.

And she is totally cool with waiting till mid 2013 for the wedding. She would like to have a May wedding :)

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
IT LOOKS AMAZING ON HER :love: I AM SO GLAD IT WORKED OUT, CONGRATS, WHAT A SWEET STORY:)

MikeyPalmice

Rough_Rock
Also, when I was dropping off my son at his mom's house. He says, Daddy and Beth are going to get married, YAY!!!!!!

It was so sweet because he really does love her so much.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww!!! Congratulations!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YAAAAY! A happy ending. The world would be a better place if there were more guys like you who just want to make their ladies happy. More pics!!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfect ring and proposal, well done. x

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great story. Congrats on your engagement! And good job on the ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the engagement and a job WELL DONE!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, how wonderful for you all! Congratulations!! So glad she loves the ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks just perfect on her!! So glad the proposal went well and more pics when you can!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing story!!!! I LOVE that ring on her!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!! :appl: :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic on her!!!! And what a great story, she is lucky to have a guy like you! Can't wait to see more pics :naughty:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful proposal and ring! I'm a bit misty eyed from your post. It's a fairytale ending... no, beginning!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been such a wonderful story from start to finish. Thanks for sharing with us. The ring looks beautiful on her hand and I can't wait for more pictures!

Congrats to you both and best wishes for a wonderful life together!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect on her hand! Oh I'm Sooooooooooooo happy for you and your fiance and your children! Congrats!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Mikey-I have been following your story. The ring looks great. Many congratulations to you and your fiance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Mikey, you made me cry! What a sweet, sweet story! You just did a wonderful job! :appl: If you take as much care in your relationship as you did in the purchase of this ring, I think you are going to have a very happy marriage! Congratulations to you both! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Mikey! What a great story! I hope you guys and many many years of happiness ahead of you. Actually, I have no doubt about it.

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Mikey, great job! The ring looks great, and the halo blends in nicely with the main diamond. We're going to have a 2013 wedding too (for financial reasons), and while the wait will suck at times it'll be nice to take it at an easy pace and have prime opportunity to book venues and vendors before everybody else. I gotta tell ya, there is nothing more beautiful than the look on their faces when they first realize what is going on! :D Here's to Jon and the GOG team! Who knows how many happy proposals they were behind this year. From the sound of things on the radio and on Facebook, this Christmas season was Prime Time for getting engaged!

MikeyPalmice

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is the "bride to be" in question, absolutely love the ring, thank you ladies!!!!!! And a special thank you to my wonderful fiancee. His planning (which I've so often teased him about) really paid off in this scenario.

Also, the proposal was so unique to us and so VERY romantic...

Wishing you all the best of luck,
Beth

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
MikeyPalmice|1325220295|3091255 said:
Hello,

This is the "bride to be" in question, absolutely love the ring, thank you ladies!!!!!! And a special thank you to my wonderful fiancee. His planning (which I've so often teased him about) really paid off in this scenario.

Beth
Beth, congratulations! Mikey did good work, and he had all of Pricescope cheering him on along the way :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippeeeeee!!! Congratulations guys!! Enjoy the ring you lucky lady, it is so gorgeous!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo glad to see all went well :appl: :appl: :appl: Looks gorgeous on your hand! Happy wishes to all of you-

princesss

Ideal_Rock
AHHHHHHHHH! So glad to read your update, Mikey! What a wonderfully heart-melting proposal. I absolutely love it. I'm so happy for your family, I wish you all the best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MikeyPalmice|1325220295|3091255 said:
Hello,

Beth

Beth, I missed your post! Congratulations! :love: We think your fiance is a pretty nice guy, and he surely does think the world of you!!! So we were happy to help him and very excited to read about the proposal!! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results