shape
carat
color
clarity

Bride Movie ... lessons I learnt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
I watched a movie on Australian Tv lastnight which was really good. It was about a young couple that were getting married.

At first it all started off simple girl proposes to guy. Then the wedding planning starts and the girl seem to be turning into a bit of a bridezilla. She is making all sorts of outrageous demands because her boss at work was insisting that she use this venue, buy her dress from this designer ect because you couldn't POSSIBLY use anyone else and she could get her a "great discount". The movie is seem through the eyes of the stepfather and is quite funny.

As the movie progresses the brides demands get worse and the wedding guest list is ever increasing. The the whole weddings is going waay over budget and is causing increasing stress for everyone. For example the mother's marrige is on the rocks partly due to helping financing the wedding and the father of the groom putting in more than he can afford etc. In the end the wedding got to be such a huge drama for everyone, and the bride goes four times over budget.

As a result of all the drama, the groom calls off the wedding.

Like any good movie the bride and groom reunite at her grandmother's funeral and he ends up discussing his concerns that he had not had any say in the wedding, and that he wanted something much much simpler and to include some of his scottist traditions. Eventually get married but have a beautiful but somewhat simplier wedding. Oh and the boss that was insisting that everything be done the certain way didn't even bother showing up to the wedding.

There is really not a set point to this post but the movie just made me think about wedding planing and incuding your husband to be in the process (not that i'm not)
3.gif

I guess the take home message is that you can have this incredibly lavish wedding but if you don't have the solid foundations in your relationship and remember to communicate, then the fanciest wedding won't fix your problems.

Anyway I just really enjoyed the message and think it would have been a great movie for all biw to see!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:46:53 PM
Author:supergirl10
I watched a movie on Australian Tv lastnight which was really good. It was about a young couple that were getting married.

At first it all started off simple girl proposes to guy. Then the wedding planning starts and the girl seem to be turning into a bit of a bridezilla. She is making all sorts of outrageous demands because her boss at work was insisting that she use this venue, buy her dress from this designer ect because you couldn''t POSSIBLY use anyone else and she could get her a ''great discount''. The movie is seem through the eyes of the stepfather and is quite funny.

As the movie progresses the brides demands get worse and the wedding guest list is ever increasing. The the whole weddings is going waay over budget and is causing increasing stress for everyone. For example the mother''s marrige is on the rocks partly due to helping financing the wedding and the father of the groom putting in more than he can afford etc. In the end the wedding got to be such a huge drama for everyone, and the bride goes four times over budget.

Like any good movie the bride and groom reunite at her grandmother''s funeral and he ends up discussing his concerns that he had not had any say in the wedding, and that he wanted something much much simpler and to include some of his scottist traditions. Eventually get married but have a beautiful but somewhat simplier wedding. Oh and the boss that was insisting that everything be done the certain way didn''t even bother showing up to the wedding.

There is really not a set point to this post but the movie just made me think about wedding planing and incuding your husband to be in the process (not that i''m not)
3.gif

I guess the take home message is that you can have this incredibly lavish wedding but if you don''t have the solid foundations in your relationship and remember to communicate, then the fanciest wedding won''t fix your problems.

Anyway I just really enjoyed the message and think it would have been a great movie for all biw to see!
A very close family friend of DH''s is the best example for that. He is in his early 30s, quite wealthy, well educated and successful. And lonely. He was divorced and all of his relationships were pretty short and shallow. After our wedding he decided he wanted to give marriage another try. And in just a few months time he was already planning a wedding with a girl he basically knew for days!
6.gif
They had this huge, expensive (and maybe just a liiil bit tacky) wedding that cost him a fortune. Well, they are divorcing right now, less than a year later.
7.gif
We truly feel sorry for him but come on, we all know that''s what happens when you''re getting married because you''re bored and lonely.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:46:53 PM
Author:supergirl10

At first it all started off simple girl proposes to guy. Then the wedding planning starts and the girl seem to be turning into a bit of a bridezilla. She is making all sorts of outrageous demands because her boss at work was insisting that she use this venue, buy her dress from this designer ect because you couldn''t POSSIBLY use anyone else and she could get her a ''great discount''. The movie is seem through the eyes of the stepfather and is quite funny.

As the movie progresses the brides demands get worse and the wedding guest list is ever increasing. The the whole weddings is going waay over budget and is causing increasing stress for everyone. For example the mother''s marrige is on the rocks partly due to helping financing the wedding and the father of the groom putting in more than he can afford etc. In the end the wedding got to be such a huge drama for everyone, and the bride goes four times over budget.

Like any good movie the bride and groom reunite at her grandmother''s funeral and he ends up discussing his concerns that he had not had any say in the wedding, and that he wanted something much much simpler and to include some of his scottist traditions. Eventually get married but have a beautiful but somewhat simplier wedding. Oh and the boss that was insisting that everything be done the certain way didn''t even bother showing up to the wedding.

There is really not a set point to this post but the movie just made me think about wedding planing and incuding your husband to be in the process (not that i''m not)
3.gif

I guess the take home message is that you can have this incredibly lavish wedding but if you don''t have the solid foundations in your relationship and remember to communicate, then the fanciest wedding won''t fix your problems.

What was the name of the movie?

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Hi Supergirl10,

What a coincidence, we just both responded to a thread about careers/jobs today! I was just going to jump in here and completely agree with you, my fiance and I didn''t have an idea about our wedding and his mum bought us a bunch of bridal magazines, for me to read on the plane after coming back from visiting her. We were stuck in the airport for some time and after reading the pages of things to do for the ''typical'' wedding, we both looked at each other and thought, let''s offend everyone equally and have something really simple
1.gif

So we are now calling our wedding ''an immediate family involved elopement'' to save time and money, much rather to use it for the honeymoon or maybe a house. This also moved our wedding date forward, since all we really want is be married, why wait?
9.gif

By the way, I hope everything''s alright where you live, terrible about the fires
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results