shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Signature diamond question

i_want_sparkly

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking here for a while and finally joined to ask a question! I am a woman who doesn't like the idea of letting my boyfriend pick out a diamond entirely on his own, because I would like a "super ideal" diamond so to speak. I have been browsing Brian Gavin's website the past few days and came across a diamond that seems inexpensive; I also couldn't verify the AGS report number for the diamond. It was a Brian Gavin Signature diamond and not a Brian Gavin Advanced diamond so I would expect that it had already been cut, so can anyone shed light on why AGS couldn't find the Diamond report in their system, and is the seemingly inexpensive price related to this? I do believe I typed it in correctly because I was able to find the report for a different Brian Gavin Diamond.

Also, what does CAGS mean versus just AGS at the beginning of a diamond id?

Thanks so much for your help! Let me know if I should provide more information

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not sure why you couldn’t find the diamond report in AGS’ system, but you can be sure that since it’s a BG Signature that it definitely comes with an AGS report.

i_want_sparkly

Rough_Rock
I tried to check the diamond report of another Brian Gavin Signature diamond that also does not have images yet (this seems important now) and AGS couldn't find the report for that diamond either. So, maybe these diamonds without images just haven't actually been graded yet.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those stones are usually in the process of being graded. The reports should show in the next few days or so.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It may be that they are "advanced" stones and haven't been graded yet.
If it is a Brian Gavin Diamond from the Brian Gavin website you can completely trust they will give you all accurate information. If you have any questions I would do a live chat with them or call ~ they are very responsive.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Brian tends to post diamonds to inventory once the grading process has been completed and then photograph the diamonds when they return from being graded. In the meantime, the lab report will be issued by the AGS and the results will be available on their website, but sometimes there is a gap between when Brian gets the information and AGS posts the results.

You can ask whoever you're working with in customer service to try and push the diamonds which you are interested in to the front of the pile being photographed ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian tends to post diamonds to inventory once the grading process has been completed and then photograph the diamonds when they return from being graded. In the meantime, the lab report will be issued by the AGS and the results will be available on their website, but sometimes there is a gap between when Brian gets the information and AGS posts the results.

You can ask whoever you're working with in customer service to try and push the diamonds which you are interested in to the front of the pile being photographed ;-)
Yup, most likely the case here. :))

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will echo the others -- just bad timing. Call Lesley and let her k ow what is going on. She will get whatever you need resolved, period.

I bought from BGD and was very happy. I am not sure the specific stone you are looking at but once you place it on hold, please post details so we can review it.

i_want_sparkly

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your replies! Everything you have said makes sense and also as I suspected the price seemed too low; checking it again this morning I see the price has increased by almost 4k! So, I will keep browsing lol

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@i_want_sparkly I am sorry shorn that :( can you share which stone you had your eye on now that the price is higher?

krusty900

Rough_Rock
I think I know which one it was, I came across it last night and then just saw this thread now. I almost purchased it to see if the price would have gone through,I doubt they would have let it happen. But who knows, maybe I should have tried my luck. Bugger.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I know which one it was, I came across it last night and then just saw this thread now. I almost purchased it to see if the price would have gone through,I doubt they would have let it happen. But who knows, maybe I should have tried my luck. Bugger.
Ah, sorry about that. What is your budget and what are you looking for? Maybe we can help you find a suitable replacement?

krusty900

Rough_Rock
Thanks @SimoneDi I’m still lurking/researching saving at the moment so all good. This stone was about 4K cheaper than they go for so doubt they would have let the sale stand.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @SimoneDi I’m still lurking/researching saving at the moment so all good. This stone was about 4K cheaper than they go for so doubt they would have let the sale stand.
There are many vendors out there and they all have different price points. What is your overall budget and main requirements (ct, color, clarity, etc.)? The folks here can help you find a great diamond.

krusty900

Rough_Rock
Yeah was that one. Obviously a mistake with the he pricing and they corrected it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think for a super ideal in H+ color and eye clean SI1 or VS2 you will probably be a smidge under the 1ct mark for $6k or less. This can be good as you won't hit the 1ct magic weight premium cost but if you find a 0.90+ct stone you will get very similar dimensions.

Speaking of which, look at the MM dimensions instead of weight. It takes about a 0.20mm difference to detect with the naked eye and then it's rather minimal. Keep in mind carat weight is derived by length x width x depth x 0.061, so part of your weight is hidden in the depth and won't be noticeable in the length and width dimensions visible to your eyes.

If you go GIA XXX with super ideal proportions you can probably break the 1 carat barrier and maybe get better color and/or clarity to boot.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock

stylistbydesign

Rough_Rock
FWIW, I loved my experience with BGD. Have you called BGD, and told them your parameters? What I was looking for happened to be available, but since they can custom cut a stone, you might want to ask what diamonds are "coming soon" (in the pipeline, so to speak), or what BGD can find and cut for you. I remember that Emily was able to check and see if anything else in my parameters would be available soon. My BGD is just insanely brilliant in real life, and my entire process went excellently. Good luck!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want a BG stone, I would take a look at these 3:
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/....040-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-cbl-104101871002

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...1.077-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104102020019

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...1.078-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-bl-104102020020

These are all under $6k, are J stones with blue fluorescence. I would have someone on their staff compare all 3 stones for you to guide you to the best stone for you.

BGD Blue is a good way to get there dollar wise. If dipping two color grades below the original color grade desire I would inspect the stone loose prior to setting so you can confirm that is okay.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
OP did say she was open to a J and fluorescence that’s why I suggested these 3 diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results