color
clarity

Brian Gavin Rose Gold Diamonds-By-The-Yard Necklace

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
such a great collection!!!!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
thanks for posting comparisons -- really helpful! the 10 pointers are such a nice size for DBTY... wishing i could just add on the three extra points to each of my DBTY stones! :tongue:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Ganesha|1335119940|3177838 said:
thanks for posting comparisons -- really helpful! the 10 pointers are such a nice size for DBTY... wishing i could just add on the three extra points to each of my DBTY stones! :tongue:

You're welcome, Ganesha! I've found comparisons that others have posted here to be very helpful, so I like to do my public duty!

Yes, the 10-pointers are nice. That's why I only have five stones instead of seven. The cost of the five 10-pointers was really the maximum I could spend as I was also buying the sapphire necklace, and I figured that no-one would ever see the two diamonds at the back closest to the clasp. (I have long hair which I rarely wear up.)

So which DBTY do you have? I think 0.07 stones still show up a lot - the one thing I didn't want was stones of 0.05. That is too small for me. With sales tax, the Tiffany platinum three-stone DBTY, with three 0.05 stones, is $1600! That is so much for a total weight of 0.15, IMHO!

Have you seen Orbaya's new WF necklace? It's TEN stones of 0.15 each!! She is one lucky gal...!

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
JuneRose|1335033629|3177255 said:
Oh wow you got both!!! I am so excited to see these pictures! I was confused when I saw your sapphire/white gold one because I thought you had decided to go for that instead... How great to get both :love:

June Rose - yes, it is great to get both, although I'm feeling slightly guilty! But I figure, prices of precious metals and gems are only shooting up, so I might as well dip into current savings and get them now instead of saving up for many more months, by which time the price will have shot up!

Whenever I have rare pangs of guilt about my collection of sparklies, I remind myself about all the things that other people have spent money on that I never have: I've never owned a car as I live in the heart of the city, never spent money on alcohol, music/CDs, cigarettes, been on very few foreign holidays that I've paid for myself as I used to work in the travel industry - whereas many people I know take a LOT of foreign holidays - and until I moved to the States, where you can get amazing clothes much cheaper than at home, I also rarely used to buy clothes. (I'm just not that interested in them. I'd rather wear simple clothes and let the sparklies do the talking! But I had one U.S. sale bargain I'll never forget: a $700 Ralph Lauren jacket that I loved, found in an outlet 3 years later for $70.00! Yes, a discount of 90%! This doesn't happen in the UK.)

For anyone who's interested, the WF sapphires-by-the yard was $900, and the BGD rose gold DBTY was $1450. I got a $75 discount at WF as they had/have a website promotion where you get $75 off your first order if you register with WF. I also got the 18k gold chain at no extra charge, when I'd ordered the 14k chain. That was worth another $150.00, said the invoice when I received it.

BGD originally quoted me $1550. I really balked because it just seemed a lot considering that the stock version with 7 x .07 stones, totalling the same weight as my 5 x .10 stones, was only $1095. Even allowing for the three-point jump in stone size, it's still the same total weight, so I was very hesitant with a price difference of $455. I knew that larger stones are more expensive per carat than smaller stones, but it seemed a really big difference. After a few days they took $100 off the quote, which was nice of them, so I decided to go for it.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1335066561|3177582 said:
AWESOME!!! they look great on you - all 3, or 1-2-3... they all look amazing on your perfect neck. Sweet! I'm envious of your tiny 16" neck - with slack no less!! geesh....

But seriously, Smith, they are both gorgeous necklaces and you have chosen very well with your selections :appl: :appl: :appl: They sit well, they are beautiful in their individual styles and collectively. I love the RG on you!!!!

Wonderful!

Thanks Enerchi! I had no idea they would go together so well - I am not usually very good at mixing and matching, but I think they layer quite well!

Thansk also everybody else!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful necklace! I love it with your new sapphire one. Great choice, in the rose gold, too. Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your new rose gold DBTY is gorgeous!!! It is a great addition to your collection of beautiful necklaces! :appl: :appl: :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The rose gold is gorgeous on your skin! Every combo of your necklaces are great as well. Very pretty!!! :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
All of your pieces are gorgeous but I love the rose gold best :love: :love: :love:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Bumped for the use of a poster in Rockytalky wanting a DBTY.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Love it with the rose gold!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss his thread? Lovely pieces Smith :love: Thanks for all the great size comparisons and photos. I'm looking at having a DBTY piece made and this thread is very helpful :))

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results