shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin Princess Trellis II setting

mrsjlee

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies, i'm new to posting on this forum..so i hope i've posted in the right place!

my husband is wanting to get me an anniversary ring and we really like this from brian gavin!

i dont own a lot of jewellery so i'm not as savvy, but just on looking at the profile of this ring, particularly under the trellis, the ring itself isnt a perfect circle. Does this mean i should be sizing down slightly as theres more "space" under the trellis? or should i just make it in my usual size?

Also, its really weird, but my size 4.75 e-ring fits well on me (2.5mm band) whereas my size 5 wedding band (1.5mm) fits a little tighter...i'm not sure why! The e-ring is domed at the band whereas the wedding band is a flat band - does that make a difference?

Thanks so much ladies!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies, i'm new to posting on this forum..so i hope i've posted in the right place!

my husband is wanting to get me an anniversary ring and we really like this from brian gavin!

i dont own a lot of jewellery so i'm not as savvy, but just on looking at the profile of this ring, particularly under the trellis, the ring itself isnt a perfect circle. Does this mean i should be sizing down slightly as theres more "space" under the trellis? or should i just make it in my usual size?

Also, its really weird, but my size 4.75 e-ring fits well on me (2.5mm band) whereas my size 5 wedding band (1.5mm) fits a little tighter...i'm not sure why! The e-ring is domed at the band whereas the wedding band is a flat band - does that make a difference?

Thanks so much ladies!

I would pose this question to BG, directly.
They have enough experience to be able to advise you on proper size, based upon the particular design of the ring.
Congrats on your selection. It’s lovely!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My best suggestion when a customer has a sensitivity to exact fit of a ring is to have them submit a ring for the jeweler who will make the ring to judge how to make the final ring feel the same as the one the customer has submitted. A quarter size is a very small amount and how the ring feels is more important than what finger size it is on a metal tapered ring mandrel. "Feel" is what makes a ring fit or seem not quite correctly sized. If you have such a ring which is a great fit, you can have them check out the size in person. Jewelers are accustomed to making a new ring fit like your favorite ring if given the opportunity.

KLE

Shiny_Rock
My best suggestion when a customer has a sensitivity to exact fit of a ring is to have them submit a ring for the jeweler who will make the ring to judge how to make the final ring feel the same as the one the customer has submitted. A quarter size is a very small amount and how the ring feels is more important than what finger size it is on a metal tapered ring mandrel. "Feel" is what makes a ring fit or seem not quite correctly sized. If you have such a ring which is a great fit, you can have them check out the size in person. Jewelers are accustomed to making a new ring fit like your favorite ring if given the opportunity.

This exactly! I needed a "generous" size 4.5 (4.75 is too large) for an eternity band from Brian Gavin so they had me send in a ring I thought fit well. They paid the shipping costs for me to send my current ring to them and then shipped both back to me at the same time when the new one was ready.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@mrsjlee Did you contact BGD about your sizing concern?

mrsjlee

Rough_Rock
@mrsjlee Did you contact BGD about your sizing concern?

Yes! And they just replied to say to just use the same ring size as from their previous customers' experience, the usual ring size works very well! Thanks so much for your suggestion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results