clarity

Brian Gavin Diamonds LAB diamonds....

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is outstanding news!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news! They're also AGS certified, which is even better. I have a small pair of earth mined BGD studs, would love to get a bigger pair with the same optics in a lab version!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting! I wish there were more info on their lab diamond site. There aren't photos or scans. I have been hoping to find a pair of emerald cut lab diamonds with precisely similar proportions for a project. Harder than it seems it should be (at least as a retail consumer). None of the emerald cuts I looked at had similar specs. The ratios were all over the place. So I'm not sure if they're being cut for BGD or just selected by BGD.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
It’s good that one more trusted vendor offering LG. However, I took a bride look on some of their listed stones, and found that some are cut with less tight proportions, eg CA below 34 degree, PA out of the range a bit than their other signature lines. Anyone aware that?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It’s good that one more trusted vendor offering LG. However, I took a bride look on some of their listed stones, and found that some are cut with less tight proportions, eg CA below 34 degree, PA out of the range a bit than their other signature lines. Anyone aware that?

Was that on the virtual stones?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Was that on the virtual stones?

It’s their lab series, Or are they splitting it into in-house and virtual for lab?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s their lab series, Or are they splitting it into in-house and virtual for lab?

It looks like the in-house diamonds are called Premium.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I double checked and found stones with proportions that ever so slightly out of the usual PS suggested ranges are from the Premium line.

Definitely didn't view all stones, but for what I've looked into, at least two with PA of 40.5 degree paired with 34.5CA, another two with CA of 33.9 degree, and there's another one with CA of even 33.8 degree. Also a few of these stones are of a crown height of 14.1 to 14.3%, I am not sure if this would look too shallow? More expert views are definitely welcomed.

I am a proud owner of a BGD stone, and am concerned with the cut standard of their Premium line, e.g. would they be cut by some other cutters / cutting houses that didn't cut their natural stones?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
My pendant arrived today! Here are some quick phone pictures, which cannot possibly match how pretty it looks in real life. I'm not an expert, but this is super bright and sparkly. .82 ct D VVS2, white gold setting with rose gold chain.

PXL_20220407_164241434.jpg

PXL_20220407_161107951.jpg

Edit: it does not look blue IRL; that's the lighting.

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My pendant arrived today! Here are some quick phone pictures, which cannot possibly match how pretty it looks in real life. I'm not an expert, but this is super bright and sparkly. .82 ct D VVS2, white gold setting with rose gold chain.

PXL_20220407_164241434.jpg

PXL_20220407_161107951.jpg

Edit: it does not look blue IRL; that's the lighting.

Oh wow!! It us gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your beautiful necklace!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

The prices are quite steep for lab grown. I'm not convinced they're worth the premium price

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting this info! I bought my wife her engagement ring and some stud earrings from Brian Gavin and they were amazing. IIRC he refused to cut lab diamonds back then so I couldn’t find any lab diamonds that sparkled like his “Black” mined gem cuts.

If he’s doing lab hearts and arrows it may be time to get her a pendant lol.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting this info! I bought my wife her engagement ring and some stud earrings from Brian Gavin and they were amazing. IIRC he refused to cut lab diamonds back then so I couldn’t find any lab diamonds that sparkled like his “Black” mined gem cuts.

If he’s doing lab hearts and arrows it may be time to get her a pendant lol.

Just replying to my own post since this thread actually comes up on searches for Brian Gavin and his Premium Lab cut diamonds.

The pendant came in and the cut looks amazing. Brian Gavin does not disappoint with his settings and diamonds! IMO, the premium for Brian Gavin's diamonds is worth it... you don't have to worry about getting stones that face up poorly or lack that sparkly punch.

This picture is terrible, sorry. The engagement ring is one of BG's natural "Black" line super-ideal diamonds ... and the pendant is the BG premium lab diamond. Side by side they have the same sparkle/pop and match up very well.

1665507807849.png

But if you're gifting this MMD to someone, go buy a nice wooden box to do the presentation.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just replying to my own post since this thread actually comes up on searches for Brian Gavin and his Premium Lab cut diamonds.

The pendant came in and the cut looks amazing. Brian Gavin does not disappoint with his settings and diamonds! IMO, the premium for Brian Gavin's diamonds is worth it... you don't have to worry about getting stones that face up poorly or lack that sparkly punch.

This picture is terrible, sorry. The engagement ring is one of BG's natural "Black" line super-ideal diamonds ... and the pendant is the BG premium lab diamond. Side by side they have the same sparkle/pop and match up very well.

1665507807849.png

But if you're gifting this MMD to someone, go buy a nice wooden box to do the presentation.

Beautiful!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
My mined diamond earrings came in the same orange box last year so maybe it has nothing to do with it being lab grown that it is not a nice box anymore.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
My mined diamond earrings came in the same orange box last year so maybe it has nothing to do with it being lab grown that it is not a nice box anymore.

Dang for real? Diamonds may be forever, but the gift-presentation box they come in can be thrown in the trash along with the FedEx box since they're all sustainable hah. Did you at least get that tiny leather pouchy thing with your mined earrings?

I liked BG's old black wood/felt box. It kind of evoked some of the Harry Winston big black box vibes (at least their exterior box)... HW's interior presentation is next level.

1665604845926.png

Last edited:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Dang for real? Diamonds may be forever, but the gift-presentation box they come in can be thrown in the trash along with the FedEx box since they're all sustainable hah. Did you at least get that tiny leather pouchy thing with your mined earrings?

I liked BG's old black wood/felt box. It kind of evoked some of the Harry Winston big black box vibes (at least their exterior box)... HW's interior presentation is next level.

1665604845926.png

No just an orange box.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
They also put the wrong posts on my earrings so in general I'm a little off BGD lately. Beautiful diamonds but their customer services and policies are not on par with similar competitors like Whiteflash.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
They also put the wrong posts on my earrings so in general I'm a little off BGD lately. Beautiful diamonds but their customer services and policies are not on par with similar competitors like Whiteflash.

Dang, that's unfortunate... I had a rough time initially with BGD as well on that engagement ring in my avatar (I won't post the PS thread link here since that thread was kind of poo poo where people on PS were telling me that I was off my rocker).

But ultimately Leslie over there empathized and saw that a few of the hundred (hyperbole) or so melee on his wacky ring design were not set right.

And Leslie convinced Brian Gavin to authorize the repair that he initially declined to address. Leslie even sent over a better box for the proposal lololol. I did feel pretty stupid having Brian Gavin of all people telling me that I was being too picky hahah. Like the dude is a perfectionist! He cuts super ideals!

I'm still a BGD stan and keep buying from him. I dunno why. I would imagine if you wanted Screwbacks and they sent another type of post ... that BGD would make it right though?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, that's unfortunate... I had a rough time initially with BGD as well on that engagement ring in my avatar (I won't post the PS thread link here since that thread was kind of poo poo where people on PS were telling me that I was off my rocker).

But ultimately Leslie over there empathized and saw that a few of the hundred (hyperbole) or so melee on his wacky ring design were not set right.

And Leslie convinced Brian Gavin to authorize the repair that he initially declined to address. Leslie even sent over a better box for the proposal lololol. I did feel pretty stupid having Brian Gavin of all people telling me that I was being too picky hahah. Like the dude is a perfectionist! He cuts super ideals!

I'm still a BGD stan and keep buying from him. I dunno why. I would imagine if you wanted Screwbacks and they sent another type of post ... that BGD would make it right though?

They will but it’s an annoying hassle to do when you pay a premium for their supposedly highest quality and attention to detail.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results