shape
carat
color
clarity

Breathe! Just Breathe!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! Ok.. so four months to go.. I know I have a lot done so far, but I still have a 2 page list of things I need to get done in the next couple months. I feel like my head is going to explode. I recently just accepted another teaching position at a college in harrisburg to teach sociology this summer. So on top of teaching anatomy at a local college, I will be driving to Harrisburg(hour and a half away) to teach sociology as well. In addition, I have taken on ANOTHER anatomy class at the local college in the fall, and a week before the wedding I will be teaching 3 courses at the college in Harrisburg. I currently am a TSS worker with autistic and behavioral children, but my last day is a week before the wedding.. :shock: :shock: I think because I am teaching all day the day of rehearsal, there is so much to get done, and if im not in control, I freak out. I have to leave a list of to-dos for the fiance that day because I will not be home until 4pm, rehearsal is at 6pm, etc etc etc.. I think this just has to deal with my lack of control over the day before the wedding.. Got to keep reminding myself to breathe, breathe, breathe and get as much done as I possibly can the week before the wedding..

I also just looked at my proofs for the invites.. there was 3 things wrong, and I am totally hoping she did not start mass producing all of my invites.. :???: :???:

Sorry for venting, my head is running in circles.. I shouldn't be this stressed out right now. Good thing is, I dont take it out on anyone, it just plays over and over and over and over in my head.. Someone grab me and shake me and tell me to calm down!! lol :lol:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
You'll be fine, Nicole! Just take your own advice and breathe. :cheeky:

FI and I are moving to Harrisburg (or the area....we're not sure exactly where yet) in August because he's gotten a job in central PA. So we'll be neighbors! Well, at least sort of, right? We're headed out there next week to try to figure out where we're going to live.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Well Harrisburg is about an hour and a half from me, but the college I am teaching at is the one I graduated my Bachelors from. Summerdale/Enola area is a nice area outside of Harrisburg.. no hustle and bustle!! :))

Can you take the day of the rehearsal off? I did, because I knew there was no way I could focus at work knowing the rehearsal was coming up.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Sterling- I am definately going to try.. If I don't Ill be a mess!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just breathe Nicoleben!!! set a list of "to do" for each day- even if it's just one thing... this has helped me over the past week- and each night/day FI and I have to get one thing done for the wedding. Do as much as you can for the day of the rehearsal ahead of time, and then leave a "to do" list for FI for that day.

Just breathe... I have 10 days to go and I keep telling myself that.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I will be making a to-do list for the fiance. I do not have work until about 11:30 that day so hopefully I can get a lot done in the morning before I go into work. I unfortunately can not take the day off :( Or maybe I can get a lot of stuff done on Thursday the night before rehearsal, like dropping items off at the reception and such.. Hmmmm

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Honey, if you're *this* stressed with four months to go, I can't imagine what you're going to be like in the last two weeks. :errrr:

I have one word for you: DELEGATE.

Your friends and fiance CAN be trusted with tasks. And they CAN complete them. And it WILL be to your standards. Trust me. I thought I had to do it all. On my own. But my FI has been SUPER helpful contact people who didn't RSVP, helping me with printing programs, my bridesmaids are all offering to take care of things that they can once we get to the town our wedding is in. And yanno what? I chose them to be my bridesmaids for a reason: because they are my BEST FRIENDS and I TRUST them.

Just work ahead as much as you can. And when it comes down to the wire, LET PEOPLE HELP.

I made up a 70 item to-do list 14 days before our wedding. The wedding is in 4 days and there are only a small handful of things still left on it that can't be done until after we transport everything. So it's doable.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like VC said, don't be afraid to delegate things!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Which direction away from Harrisburg are you? I'm about an hour and a half from there from the south :)

I'm 3.5 months out so if you need to bounce some of your stress off of me feel free! We're going through this at the same time :) I'm quite the control freak too and we're having a destination wedding, it's been a really interesting process since there are so many things that you need to trust in other people to handle!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Yesss I will be delegating, its hard with my matron of honor living 4 hours from me, another bridesmaid in philly area about an hour and a half away from me, and 2 younger sisters who are too young to really help , and the 2 bridesmaids i do have near me are very helpful. I am sure everything will work out.. Just learning to breathe, re did my to-do list and was able to cross off some more things, so thank god!!

I am about an hour and a half north from harrisburg now lol

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
nicoleben...it really will be okay. We're getting married 1000 miles from where we live, and none of my bridesmaids is closer than 7 hours to either where I live or where the wedding is. Nor is my mother. It can be done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results