shape
carat
color
clarity

Breast pumps questions...opinions needed

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lulu, I'm glad it ended up working out!

I have BCBS of IL and was first told a pump was covered under our plan, but a prescription was needed. The BCBS rep gave me the closest medical supply store that they partner with and I had talked with my OB about it and she was on board with writing me a script. I called BCBS back for some reason (to double check or figure out how to submit the claim? I forget) and was told that the first rep was incorrect and they weren't covered.

I decided to wait and possibly rent a pump (I'd planned to EBF for the first several months). Turns out the LCs hated the new pumps that the hospital was using and recommended I not rent one. My supply didn't come in until after I left the hospital, so D had to run out and get me a pump. Anyway, all this to say that everybody's experience is different and my plan to wait until after to get one ended up backfiring on me.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1355334999|3329482 said:
I called BCBS back for some reason (to double check or figure out how to submit the claim? I forget) and was told that the first rep was incorrect and they weren't covered.

They have to be covered, it's federal law.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1355335839|3329504 said:
I called BCBS back for some reason (to double check or figure out how to submit the claim? I forget) and was told that the first rep was incorrect and they weren't covered.

This was over a year ago, however our plan still does not cover pumps as our BCBS plan has been grandfathered in. If we weren't grandfathered in, only a manual pump would be covered.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1355340944|3329595 said:
amc80|1355335839|3329504 said:

This was over a year ago, however our plan still does not cover pumps as our BCBS plan has been grandfathered in. If we weren't grandfathered in, only a manual pump would be covered.

Hmm, odd. And boo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results