shape
carat
color
clarity

Brazil

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH wants to go to Brazil for the World Cup.

I'm not too crazy about going - for various reasons - starting with going to see soccer games not being my idea of a vacation. And the fact that there will be people he knows from work going too and I'm not crazy about the idea of having to deal with other people while we're out there. But I realize it's not like we'll be at the games all day...and that we won't have to see whoever goes every day.

Anyway - he seems pretty set on going and I'm starting to feel like I don't have much of a choice. :sick: At the same time, maybe I'm resisting the idea but haven't given it enough of a chance and can warm up to it.

So, anybody been to Brazil? I'm hoping I'll hear some good reasons for going and maybe even pictures, if you've traveled there :bigsmile:

(ETA: I edited the title)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went to Rio a few years ago and had a great time! Where is the world cup? If it's close to Rio you can take a tour of the H Stern headquarters including a very lovely gift shop. :Up_to_something: that was honestly one of the best parts of the trip! There's also a number of great restaurants there and the beaches are gorgeous. Later tomorrow I can post some pics for you.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the games are all over - but I am sure some will in Rio.

I'd love to see some pictures - whenever you get to it. Thanks so much!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I'm back with some pics

Here is the christ statue on top of Corcovado, if you do end up in Rio it's definitely worth seeing! The other pic is the view from the top of the mountain

brazilchrist1.jpg

brazilchristview.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Here is another view from the top and our trip up, sorry for the poor quality but it was super foggy up there

brazil3.jpg

brazilgetting2christ.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
And here is picture of the beach and one from the botanical gardens which is also worth a trip

beach.jpg

botanicalgarden.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
and here is the view from the mountain where DH went hang gliding

viewfromhanggliding.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, purselover!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results