shape
carat
color
clarity

branded vs unbranded settings...can you tell the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
let say i was sitting next to you wearing a 6 prong Tiff style platinum setting,can you tell if it was made by Tiff & Co, LM, MM ,WF.....etc,etc ?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes. I could get a good idea of who made it based on the craftsmanship. And each designer puts their own "signature" on it (prong style, head swoop, etc.) so I could differentiate some of them. But if each company made a flat out replica of the Tiff 6 prong, I am sure some of them would look just as nice and would be hard to tell apart.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some branded jewelry is designed to have a particular "look". A lot of what passes as a brand looks much the same as generic knock-offs of the same ring. This goes on with most fashion items, not just mountings. If you care about wearing an authentic brand name, then brand is important to you. If you care about wearing something which looks like a branded product, but isn''t, then you might feel okay with a counterfeit. Then there is the whole remainder of items which are unbranded. Many unbranded items are excellent in every respect, except they are no one maker''s pride and joy. There are finely made branded items and rather poorly made branded items and a mix of these are highly popular. Yoiu don''t have to make a fine item to get brand recognition. You have to be a good marketer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results