shape
carat
color
clarity

Brand recommendations for eternity bands?

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at Brian Gavin, Memoire and Tiffany bands. 7 stone, 3/4, and Eternity. I haven't decided on a style yet. Can anyone recommend their favorites? Any other brands? Please share pictures of yours!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 thanks! I didn't even think about checking out his bands, duh! Did you not like the quality of the Memoire?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The quality of Memoire is very good. I'd say diamonds were equal to Tiffany, but I did upgrade to VS clarity. I just love the basket style setting that Victor and Tiffany do more. I imagine Victor's pricing may be better than Tiffany for even higher quality. I would just be sure to request the stone to be set as low as possible so the stones don't rub the prongs of the e-ring.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Great! I'll contact VC and see what they can do!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF, top of the line!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you can afford the Tiffany get the Tiffany. They have the best shared prong setting I have seen in person. Perfection!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
If you can afford the Tiffany get the Tiffany. They have the best shared prong setting I have seen in person. Perfection!

If I went with Tiffany, it would be the Embrace that's 3mm wide and I think it's only a 7 stone. It's a couple hundred more than the quote that I got from VC on doing a 3/4 eternity that's 3mm wide.

Which Tiffany ring were you referring to?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I went with Tiffany, it would be the Embrace that's 3mm wide and I think it's only a 7 stone. It's a couple hundred more than the quote that I got from VC on doing a 3/4 eternity that's 3mm wide.

Which Tiffany ring were you referring to?

That's the one! Absolutely beautiful. 8 pointers

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Will platinum look the same as 14k white gold? My e-ring is WG but has pave so it's mostly covered anyways. Palm side would show both metals..

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Would VC be higher quality than Tiffany?

What about a custom "pricescope quality" band from IDJ?

Which is the least bulky? I have ring claustrophobia (for lack of a better term) where tight rings and bulky rings (ones that push out my pinky and middle fingers) bug me.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This gets you to a 5.5. Should be no issue to upsize to a 6.5. I mix WG and platinum. I greatly prefer platinum anyway for the lack of maintenance and fuss. IF you go for this, make sure to find a jeweller with a laser welder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TIFFANY-CO...052927?hash=item25e18f453f:g:9MYAAOSwr~lYoJk0

Again, the stamp looks good on this ring to me. Maybe another PSer can compare to their embrace to confirm the correct stamp locations and depth of imprint.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would VC be higher quality than Tiffany?

What about a custom "pricescope quality" band from IDJ?

Which is the least bulky? I have ring claustrophobia (for lack of a better term) where tight rings and bulky rings (ones that push out my pinky and middle fingers) bug me.

You need to ask VC what he would be using. I think the Tiffany are G VS stones but double check with them and then ask VC too. He should have told you in your quote and they should be excellent cut stones. Ask how many stones are in the 3/4 3mm eternity you asked for. What size stones would he be using? Get all of that info and then make the comparison.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
You need to ask VC what he would be using. I think the Tiffany are G VS stones but double check with them and then ask VC too. He should have told you in your quote and they should be excellent cut stones. Ask how many stones are in the 3/4 3mm eternity you asked for. What size stones would he be using? Get all of that info and then make the comparison.

Quote has 10 pointers, G-VS. It doesn't have the number of diamonds but they have my ring size. I just haven't seen VC's work in person to be able to compare the quality to Tiffany's.

They also quoted me on a 7 stone, same stats as the 3/4 eternity and about $2K less than the Tiffany 7 stone.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay so then it will be the same quality which is high quality. Obviously you get more for your money going with VC. Bigger diamonds for less money. That's always a good thing. You may want to get a quote from WF too if you are going the non Tiffany route. They do ACA melee.

VC is an artist and will do a beautiful job. I own one of his ucut bands and it is stunning. Better than Tiffany Pave. However, if I wanted the Tiffany shared prong because of the actual setting style then it is hard to beat. I have yet to see a version by another that sits as low and elegantly. No one has replicated the way the shoulders ride up to the diamonds etc. That's something to consider. This is why I don't own a shared prong band yet. Despite being able to go to one of our PS vendors for less and for beautiful quality I am afraid that I will be disappointed since it won't be the exact Tiffany setting that is so perfectly made.

The 6 prong Tiffany setting is copied by so many. I think the subtle changes can be gorgeous. CVB makes a beautiful version. VC too. WF has theirs BGD and so on. I love the different variations and think they are all elegant and graceful. I could go with any of them or would pick the one I loved most. For me this doesn't have to be Tiffany.

I unfortunately don't feel the same about the shared prong. Had I not tried on the Tiffany I would probably own one from VC or BGD or even WF who's melee is gorgoeus. But I did try the Tiffany and that ruined it for me. :roll

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
Brilliantly Engaged AKA ERD Ask for Mark or Chris.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
@hathalove thank you for detailed response and walking me through your personal experience. Tons of help! Sitting low is definitely a must.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the Tiffany 7-stone Embrace (.91ctw) last Friday. Really loving it! Best of luck !!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results