shape
carat
color
clarity

Brads rainbow moonstone - it's mine!!!!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I couldn't say before, especially when it came up in the moonstone thread (1!) But I've been talking to Brad about this moonstone for a few weeks now and right now I've finally taken the plunge and it's going to be mine!

So here are some extra pics Brad sent me... its it just so pretty :love:

I cannot wait to see it in real life; I've never seen a labrodite or a moonstone before.

screenshot_2016-04-01-23-28-13.png

screenshot_2016-04-01-23-28-00.png

screenshot_2016-04-01-23-28-07.png

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love the beautiful flashes of colour. Please post photos when it arrives!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks beautiful!!
Any ideas on how you will set it?

blushpeony

Shiny_Rock
How awesome! :appl: I can't wait to see more pics :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty and I love how it's faceted, please describe the colour flashes once you see it in person. :dance:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I also love how your moonstone is faceted and can't wait for you to receive it.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I have no idea how I'm going to set it yet Acinom... I know rings are best for being able to see the gems but I don't want to have loads of rings and not many earrings/necklaces or bracelets (I need to be balanced lol).

However I don't really wear dainty jewellry (love how it looks on others though so I couldn't do a tiny pendant or bracelet, I'd need to have loads of gold or other stones around it or something... so hmm.. really don't know!

I'm definetly to broke to set anything till the end of the year anyway so I have loads of time to think about it.

I never thought I'd go for a faceted moonstone.... but when I saw the extra pics of this (and the fact it's a rainbow one) I couldn't resist.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I never thought of moonstones being faceted. I love it! :love:
I can't wait to see more pictures.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! So eager to see pics when you get it!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you both! It really can't get here fast enough! I'll definetly post more pics when it arrives.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
585edc46f49cc9eabd7029e9d4cda7c3.jpg
e3dee0733df8b9e304708ffcb7a0a401.jpg
f2bebd82fd7915b75d4d851a70c81b81.jpg

My engagement ring is faceted moonstone / labradorite! I love your piece and I might suggest you set it as a pendant because this stone can be a bit delicate for wearing as a ring.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love your ring design pear!!!! Not to mention the moonstone.... just so beautiful... Thanks so much for the picture I've never seen a faceted moonstone in a setting before!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel said:
Absolutely love your ring design pear!!!! Not to mention the moonstone.... just so beautiful... Thanks so much for the picture I've never seen a faceted moonstone in a setting before!

Thanks for the compliment! I think faceted labradorite is rare because it cleaves/breaks so easily.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How long have you had your ring? I read everywhere not to go for faceted over cab because over time the facets wear down/aren't as sharp.... but I wonder if this looks 'bad' as such...

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel said:
How long have you had your ring? I read everywhere not to go for faceted over cab because over time the facets wear down/aren't as sharp.... but I wonder if this looks 'bad' as such...

I've had it about two years. It definitely has some chips and scratches, mostly visible with a loup. It is not ideal for a ring but I can't help it - the heart wants what it wants! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results